Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

But don't forget that the park is only open on weekends, so they have four days and the better part of a fifth day during which they can do work that can't be done with guests in the park. Take a portion of the fence down Monday morning, work for four days, and put the fence back up on Friday afternoon before Haunt starts.

• Like 1

User Actions
Following
d00429b700c080db6c0c34d25570320d_normal.Kings Island@KingsIslandPR

Photo: A look at the construction of the first drop on the new Banshee roller coaster. #KIBanshee pic.twitter.com/PZjXtjudB8

BWKKJe-CQAA0Do6.jpg

I think its safe to say they will finish the lift this week by putting up the rails on the steps along with possibly some small supports for the base of one of the loops.

actually that does make since because one of the supports on the dive loop is right on the midway pretty much and if the fence is in the way it would have to be removed and then that would just be an invitation for people to walk right into the construction site, which im guessing is a big no no without permission.

The fence will not be a problem. They seem to manage to thread track through those A frame supports without trouble. Plus the fence can probably be removed and replaced if need be.

• Like 2

As long as there are no filters, I don't have any issue with Instagram being used as a placeholder 'construction gallery'. I only have an issue with the twitter feed. It is always littered with pointless and repetitious updates and on the 2nd it gave the worst news of all, "The track on Banshee is not filled with sand". At least fill it up on the front half of the ride! Remember how loud IJST was when it first opened as it went into the helix? It could be heard all the way from the parking gates and everyone on this site complained about it.

• Like 2

You mean Instasuck?

I mean that literally. You can apply any "filter" you want to your photo, and it will instantly suck.

Now Jonathan, I resent that. Surely you can't say that my most recent Instagram picture sucks! I think it captures the spirit of everything Instagram is about! (Interpret that statement however you wish)

941298_600976859919965_1329830342_n.jpg

• Like 4

Once Banshee takes off in to the valleys I am not sure the noise will be much of an issue.

I really hope it has that classic B & M roar like Raptor. That would just fit the name of the ride that much more!

I personally hope it roars like Mantis! But apparently most people find Mantis's sound annoying, so I'm probably a minority...

• Like 1

Once Banshee takes off in to the valleys I am not sure the noise will be much of an issue.

I really hope it has that classic B & M roar like Raptor. That would just fit the name of the ride that much more!

I personally hope it roars like Mantis! But apparently most people find Mantis's sound annoying, so I'm probably a minority...

I am cool with either one!

I am cool with either one!
I love how Mantis sounds throughout the park. Really hope that Banshee sounds the same.