Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

I am won?

Seriously, I just figured a 32 passenger train at an average of 200 lbs a person and added a little weight for support. I don't even know how many passengers Banshee holds right now. Am looking up the train video once I get to work.

I am currently figuring out how many jellybeans that piece of track holds...

• Like 5

It seems only yesterday we were still speculating about what was happening in Action Zone. Our 400 foot inverted wooden roller coaster.

Still waiting for that day. Not the 400ft one, but..

--

And I'm not sure either. I can't recall them ever doing any huge lifting before haunt, I've seen them lifting those beams for the catwalk crossovers just an hour before haunt, though.

there is still one more support left for the dive loop

looks like that support is sitting right there, ready to be put in place, perhaps by lunch time. Kind of makes me wonder if they'll have the dive loop finished off today, and start working towards the loop around the lift hill next week.

I know SOB had a loop of 110 ft+, but with most of the other looping coasters at Kings Island having smaller inversions, it does feel kind of weird seeing such big inversions at the park. That dive loop looks to be enormous! I mean, Delirium itself is impressive to look at in how big it is, but to see something bigger where you're upside down, well, it's pretty exciting stuff.

And to think there are 5 more of the HUGE inversions left. :blink: I hope the stats about the sizes of each element are released at some point.

• Like 2

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like they're doing the most noticeable things quickly so that people get excited for next year as they see it in person this year.

It's just you. The project is being constructed in the most efficient manner practicable. Construction companies and project owners share a desire for timely, high quality work. And the construction company has an eye toward profit while the project owner desires a low cost...of course. And both want a safe project with no surprises.

• Like 6

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like they're doing the most noticeable things quickly so that people get excited for next year as they see it in person this year.

I think they are just getting all the work done around the station/queue so they can build the station and queue without having steel erectors in the way. Once the lift hill loop is installed the track construction work will all be taking place away from the station/queue.

• Like 5

^^^ as mentioned above, its the same thing on this project as it is on every project, they start around the stationg b/c there is the most work to be done around the station. Once the lift hills, and all that track, erectors are out of that area, there is still a ton more to be done, concrete or pavers have to be laid, railing, landscaping, electrical work, plumbing work, etc... They're not starting w/ this portion b/c they think it will help them sell more season passes, they're starting there b/c it was the most economical way to install the entire ride.

• Like 2

Yes all of which is true, but they could start at the back end of the ride. Something made them decide to plan for this portion to be constructed first.

I agree, in part, to some of the detraction from this point.... BUT construction project can be engineered around "marketing." In this instance there's no small reason why the coaster was announced oddly around the time 2014 Season Passes went on sale. exposure to the anticipating public is great exposure.

• Like 3

^^^ as mentioned above, its the same thing on this project as it is on every project, they start around the stationg b/c there is the most work to be done around the station. Once the lift hills, and all that track, erectors are out of that area, there is still a ton more to be done, concrete or pavers have to be laid, railing, landscaping, electrical work, plumbing work, etc... They're not starting w/ this portion b/c they think it will help them sell more season passes, they're starting there b/c it was the most economical way to install the entire ride.

Would that be a ton more to be done, or a tonne? :)
  • Like 2