Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

We just might see the dive loop completed tonight!

as much as I want that, I doubt it. With only 42 minutes of decent daylight left, I don't think that's enough time to put the track piece in place and secure it.... I could be wrong, though :)

• Like 1

Well I agree B&M is smooth but my son and his girlfriend and my daughter rode Diamondback about a month ago and all complained about how rough it was. Very odd for B&M. Anyone else experienced it lately on that ride?

I rode Diamondback last Friday night. I find nothing rough about Diamondbck. I think many people are getting to the point that if they feel a little vibration or a little rattle they say the ride was rough. I continue to ride Diamondback in every seat and I don't find it rough.

• Like 5

I drove by the plant in Batavia today on the way to my mom's (I live about ten minutes from it) and I didn't really see anything but two weeks ago I saw a few FOOTERS and pieces of track. It's exciting to live so close to where all the magic starts. Next year will be my first trip to KI in eight years, even though I spent most of my summers up until 2007 there. It's only a half-hour drive for me I always planned on going back sooner but I haven't been in the best place financially or physically,and things just come up. You know how it is :) I can't wait to go back in April, though. I've been following all the news pretty closely and I must say Banshee already looks stunning from I-71.

You saw footers? At the Batavia plant? Are they building a coaster of their own?

• Like 3

They added four pieces of track and had multiple deliveries come in as well. Combine that with the rain, and IMO, they made good progress. Also, I don't think the cold affects them, especially when it's still above freezing.

Four pieces of track? Maybe I'm missing stuff on the update lol only change I saw was a little bit of track on what will be the section coming out of the lift hill loop. Was that four pieces? Forgot about the deliveries lol

I drove by the plant in Batavia today on the way to my mom's (I live about ten minutes from it) and I didn't really see anything but two weeks ago I saw a few FOOTERS and pieces of track. It's exciting to live so close to where all the magic starts. Next year will be my first trip to KI in eight years, even though I spent most of my summers up until 2007 there. It's only a half-hour drive for me I always planned on going back sooner but I haven't been in the best place financially or physically,and things just come up. You know how it is :) I can't wait to go back in April, though. I've been following all the news pretty closely and I must say Banshee already looks stunning from I-71.

You saw footers? At the Batavia plant? Are they building a coaster of their own?

I meant supports, sorry, I'm coming down off a pretty bad sinus infection and the meds aren't kind. It's a little embarrassing.

• Like 3

Diamondback's rattle is terrible. The vibrations are similar to those barrels around the park you can sit on.(anybody know what im talking about?) i actually found the last row on racer less bumpy and rattly than the last row on Diamondback. A ride 40 years old should not feel newer than a ride thats only from 2009! This is absolutely ridiculous. Maybe its about time Cedar Fair realizes that B&M really isnt all that great .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

• Like 2

They added four pieces of track and had multiple deliveries come in as well. Combine that with the rain, and IMO, they made good progress. Also, I don't think the cold affects them, especially when it's still above freezing.

Four pieces of track? Maybe I'm missing stuff on the update lol only change I saw was a little bit of track on what will be the section coming out of the lift hill loop. Was that four pieces? Forgot about the deliveries lol

you can go to the gallery link in my signature and just arrow back and forth to notice the changes
  • Like 1

Diamondback's rattle is terrible. The vibrations are similar to those barrels around the park you can sit on.(anybody know what im talking about?) i actually found the last row on racer less bumpy and rattly than the last row on Diamondback. A ride 40 years old should not feel newer than a ride thats only from 2009! This is absolutely ridiculous. Maybe its about time Cedar Fair realizes that B&M really isnt all that great .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Cedar Fair realize that B&M isn't that great? Why?

Because of a little rattle? I'm sorry how does work? Never. Not once, have I seen someone get off of a B&M coaster not smiling. Scott Skinned his knee on the platform of Diamondback once, but he still laughed/cried on the way to the first aid station. So if people get off happy and smiling, why should Cedar Fair not purchase B&M's?

And if this is going to turn into an empty battle between B&M and Intamin, stop it right now, because we took care of that issue awhile ago.

• Like 8