Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

I didn't find Gatekeeper boring at all. Perhaps because it's kind of hard to find a ride boring when the restraints have painfully pinned you in and you're just wishing for the ride to end.... I REALLY hope Banshee restraints don't hurt like Gatekeeper. If they do, then my rides on Banshee will be very limited!

That issue has been fixed on Gatekeeper, and it was confirmed that it won't be an issue on Banshee.

She rode GK post restraint fix. She did not like it even after the restraint fix.

This first section of the ride resembles that of Gatekeeper's. Interesting...

I hope that doesn't mean that it is equally boring....

I don't see how anyone can say GK is boring? Awesome ride IMO!

• Like 7

I didn't find Gatekeeper boring at all. Perhaps because it's kind of hard to find a ride boring when the restraints have painfully pinned you in and you're just wishing for the ride to end.... I REALLY hope Banshee restraints don't hurt like Gatekeeper. If they do, then my rides on Banshee will be very limited!

That issue has been fixed on Gatekeeper, and it was confirmed that it won't be an issue on Banshee.

She rode GK post restraint fix. She did not like it even after the restraint fix.

I don't see how anyone can say GK is boring? Awesome ride IMO!

I agree, it's an awesome ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I felt like the side of Gatekeeper has you next to the Beach on the lift hill was a far better ride than the other side because I felt like I had to keep raising my legs to avoid having them chopped off where as the opposite side was more relaxing. (I may have the sides backwards. Its the side that when you're loading in the station your closest to the entrance and furthest from the beach).

In other words, the left side. Both of my rides were on the right side. Unfortunately, it will be at least 2015 before I make it back up to Cedar Point to try the left side.

Did you ride in the front row? Totally different ride experience than in the back. Simply phenomenal!

The 4 corners are the best IMO.

• Like 1

Is it just me, or does this photo seem unrealistic? It seems like the track is incredibly too low for even the train to pass through, let alone the envelope...

IMG_1569_28Small29.JPG

I trust B&M, Adena Corporation, and Kings Island. They know what they are doing, but this photo just screams "problem" to me.

• Like 2

In other words, the left side. Both of my rides were on the right side. Unfortunately, it will be at least 2015 before I make it back up to Cedar Point to try the left side.

Did you ride in the front row? Totally different ride experience than in the back. Simply phenomenal!

The 4 corners are the best IMO.

I rode front right corner the first time and back right corner the second time.

Is it just me, or does this photo seem unrealistic? It seems like the track is incredibly too low for even the train to pass through, let alone the envelope...

IMG_1569_28Small29.JPG

I trust B&M, Adena Corporation, and Kings Island. They know what they are doing, but this photo just screams "problem" to me.

There is also this really neat thing that was invented called a shovel.

• Like 8

(IMAGE)

There is also this really neat thing that was invented called a shovel.

*Hands you a shovel*

Have fun!

• Like 6

BoddaH1994 did that to me. I'm still trying to decide whether to keep it or change it to something else.

Now that's funny. Did he steal it from your video, or is that from Don's footage?

I don't know what issue you're talking about but I'm talking about as of Halloweekends opening (September 28th and 29th) the restraint kept tightening on me during the duration of the ride leading to EXTREME pain. I am 5'3 and 104 pounds and the restraint continually kept tightening on my hips during the duration of the ride, resulting in bruises on the front of both of my hip bones :( and at my height, the vest did rub on my bony collar bone as well, leading to discomfort but was lessened some by tucking the hood on my sweatshirt around my collar bone....

Has that issue been fixed? I'll be surprised if it has considering most people don't have this problem because most people aren't built like me. I am built like a gymnast... Short and very skinny and bony :P

I felt like the side of Gatekeeper has you next to the Beach on the lift hill was a far better ride than the other side because I felt like I had to keep raising my legs to avoid having them chopped off where as the opposite side was more relaxing. (I may have the sides backwards. Its the side that when you're loading in the station your closest to the entrance and furthest from the beach).

Left side of the train is what you are referring to :) that's the side furthest from the beach when you're in the station, but beach side going up the lift hill. I rode both sides and had restraint problems on both sides. To me it's a great ride with terrible restraints!! Doesn't seem like it was built to comfortably accommodate smaller riders like me. High metabolism and high energy level has lead to me being 29 years old and 104 pounds.

[iMAGE]

I think the size of the track and supports are messing up the perspective. It looks like there is plenty of room for a train and leg clearance to me.

It does seem really low and I've thought that for awhile but I think it's just a matter of perspective. I think the clearance will be similar to what it is on Invertigo with the floor dropped :) I'm short though, so I never have to worry about these kind of things :P

• Like 1

I'm guessing work has stopped for the day now that it's raining :) Excited to see what progress tomorrow brings!!! How I wish I was able to go up there tomorrow night!!

edit: post above me proves me wrong :P

I think they are still working.

Check out the location of the light near the lift hill!

Not sure where it is coming from.

I see the lights, they look like they are over by slingshot... I don't think they are still working this late at night.