Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

I said this before but no one responded... Do you think that they built the lift so close to Sling Shot so the lights reflect into the top of the lift like they do?(unless they installed a different light, but it looks like its slingshots light)

I don't think it was intentional for the lighting from Slingshot, but I think there will be very minimal lighting, if any on the coaster itself. I think the lighting that we are seeing on night shots on the webcam were intentional so we would be able to see the coaster at night on the webcam only. I believe the ride is going to be a really intense ride at night. I can't wait to see what surprises are in store for the ride next year.(fog, tombstones etc).

Do you think that they built the lift so close to Sling Shot so the lights reflect into the top of the lift like they do?

No, i think they built it where they did because it fit there the best. I'm sure Banshee will long outlast Sling Shot.
  • Like 2

In other words, the left side. Both of my rides were on the right side. Unfortunately, it will be at least 2015 before I make it back up to Cedar Point to try the left side.

Left side in the back row is stunning. The pull and forces through the inversions are stronger on that side IMO.

To those who are worried about the clearance Banshee, rest easy. If you have been on Gatekeeper the seats are tilted pretty far back. This means that legs dangle but dangle above the true bottom of the train. The train will have plenty of clearance. Ill try and find a photo to illustrate what I am saying.

DSC_14711.jpg

I know this one is from X-Flight but its the same thing. Look at the feet of the people they are not below the support beam for the seat:

XFlight037.jpg

As you can see (even though these aren't the best pictures) , very few people can have their feet dangle below the seats but if they do its only by 6-12 inches.

• Like 3

In other words, the left side. Both of my rides were on the right side. Unfortunately, it will be at least 2015 before I make it back up to Cedar Point to try the left side.

Left side in the back row is stunning. The pull and forces through the inversions are stronger on that side IMO.

To those who are worried about the clearance Banshee, rest easy. If you have been on Gatekeeper the seats are tilted pretty far back. This means that legs dangle but dangle above the true bottom of the train. The train will have plenty of clearance. Ill try and find a photo to illustrate what I am saying.

I know this one is from X-Flight but its the same thing. Look at the feet of the people they are not below the support beam for the seat:

As you can see (even though these aren't the best pictures) , very few people can have their feet dangle below the seats but if they do its only by 6-12 inches.

You do realize Banshee is not the same design type as Gatekeeper or X-flight. Right?

I expect it to be just a teeny bit lower than that in person, but we won't know for sure I bet until we're under it...

Also was that picture taken during construction or something...that ride looks very very dingy. Also odd seeing no concrete poured to help take the ride pressure off of the steel studs & nuts and more on the support and footer...there's a nice gap there..

You do realize Banshee is not the same design type as Gatekeeper or X-flight. Right?

Uh... yes I do. The seat design for Banshee is very similar to Gatekeeper and X-Flight.

Look at the video above showing what the Banshee trains and compare it to the Raptor above and see what I am talking about.

The difference I am trying to point out is the trains should be shorter (in height) on Banshee than a traditional B&M invert. The reason why is because the seats are reclined which makes the rider's lower legs dangle but not past the bottom of the train. Notice the rider's feet on Raptor they dangle at least 6-12 inches below the train because of the non tilted seats. The tilted seats also mean the overall height of the train should be shorter because they are not up and down like traditional B&M's. The picture of Raptor above shows very long supports for the seats. (My guess, which could be wrong, is that the trains for Banshee will be about 1-2 feet shorter.) This means lower passes which you are seeing already during the ride design. Again I could be wrong but that is my view on the trains for the ride.

• Like 3

Liking at that area on the webcam, it looks like on side of those supports is taller than the other side. That tells me that the ground slopes there some. The low clearance picture may just be a case where perspective is creating an illusion of it being shorter than it really is.

• Like 3

as usual, I can't tell what they've been working on today lol yesterday was the only day I was able to tell what they were working on and that's just because it was so obvious.... but looking at the webcam now I don't see anything different than when they stopped last night. Anyone mind filling me in on what's going on? I'm SO not observant enough to be able to tell :P

^^ I believe they added a track segment coming out of the vertical loop, by that I mean they extended it, I am aware that there was track coming out of it yesterday also.

In response to the clearance issue. I'm sure that B&M got the clearance right, I mean a massive 25 Million Dollar ride and they are like:

"opps, my mistake"

Come on.

• Like 4

^^ I believe they added a track segment coming out of the vertical loop, by that I mean they extended it, I am aware that there was track coming out of it yesterday also.

In response to the clearance issue. I'm sure that B&M got the clearance right, I mean a massive 25 Million Dollar ride and they are like:

"opps, my mistake"

Come on.

There was once a $20 million ride called Son of Beast that stood on the very ground that most would consider it a major "oops." :P (Granted that was not B&M nor was the company's reputation near what B&M's reputation is at)

If there is truly a clearance issue I'm sure they could clear some of the land with a shovel! :D

• Like 1

as usual, I can't tell what they've been working on today lol yesterday was the only day I was able to tell what they were working on and that's just because it was so obvious.... but looking at the webcam now I don't see anything different than when they stopped last night. Anyone mind filling me in on what's going on? I'm SO not observant enough to be able to tell :P

Not much "visual" progress today. I think they were just going around rechecking the bolts. Maybe re-torquing or marking them?
  • Like 1

"opps, my mistake"

Come on.

yeah that's what I thought, too. It looked like there was another piece of track there. I'd have to look at the screenshot I took yesterday to see...

• Like 1

hmm... nope doesn't look that way. Oh well :) given how much they got done yesterday, and how cold it has been getting at night, they probably figured it was best not to start anything new and noteworthy today, but rather just double-check what's been done so far, like David said. I'd have to check previous Friday updates but IIRC, Fridays have never been huge progress days. I don't think there's a whole lot more track they can add for the dive loop until they get the outside loop supports up, and I believe I heard someone say that because of the angle those supports will be at, track has to be added and secured to the posts very quick in order for them to be very stable. I know nothing about construction though, let alone roller coaster construction, so I don't know how accurate that is :) Makes sense to me, but like I said, I don't know anything about roller coaster construction.

"opps, my mistake"

Come on.

...and Maverick.

• Like 5