Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Had a guy with a bullwhip at Pandoracon a few weeks ago, this was the coolest crack he could do IMO...learned alot about whip cracking from the guy

That's very interesting! I studied whip techniques as early as age 6, when I first watched Raiders of the lost ark. I had several whips I practiced with throughout my youth, but it wasn't until I discovered the 12 plait kangaroo hide whips (type used in the Indiana Jones movies) that I really became proficient. That type of whip, and the one used in the video posted, are deadly weapons and can inflict serious damage to your target - namely your own limbs if you are not careful!

• Like 2

Thought I should add my lonely three pictures from yesterday. First, a view similar to the webcam:

2013-10-26142339_zpsc561058d.jpg

A view walking down Coney. I really like the trees in this one; they really add to the photo.

2013-10-26160132_zpsf04c7a2a.jpg?t=13828

And, finally, my personal favorite. I took this standing by the entrance sign for Congo Falls. It really shows how much the dive loop dominates over the midway.

2013-10-26170323_zps22b08f0d.jpg?t=13828

• Like 9

GOCC tour!

Station foundation:
6upahu4y.jpg

The light-colored matting you see here is designed to help prevent landslides during construction:
utegeqys.jpg

Some footers in the valley, plus Adventure Express:
arajujeh.jpg

I can think of no better caption for this one than what was said on the KIC Facebook page a few days ago: "Insert loop here."
u2uvubun.jpg

Exit of the dive loop. Don said that there will be no digging out under this point. For reference, I am 5' 6" tall.
ryba5era.jpg

Don getting ready to take a group photo:
9y6u3a2u.jpg

Fire-Beast-OF FEAR, BeastForever, and ohiocolts peeking under the fence during the group photo:

umasava9.jpg

Looking straight up from under the dive loop:
udaja7u2.jpg

First drop:
pajabuje.jpg

Dive loop:
ygeqa7uq.jpg

Support label:
vugyte2u.jpg

CLIFFORD!!
4ahazyta.jpg

Transmitted from Wild Space via my datapad's DROID brain

EDIT: Some more captions have been added.

Edited by jcgoble3
  • Like 22

So thanks to the awesome dive loop exit photo Jonathan posted, it's a safe assumption the clearance is around or over 6.5 feet. Not only that, notice how the track is angled slightly which will lead to the train swinging out some.... That solves the clearance mystery!

• Like 1

So thanks to the awesome dive loop exit photo Jonathan posted, it's a safe assumption the clearance is around or over 6.5 feet. Not only that, notice how the track is angled slightly which will lead to the train swinging out some.... That solves the clearance mystery!

Does that mean Banshee will have a height limit?

Diamondbacker, whose height has already deemed him too big to ride four Kings Island rides.

• Like 2

Does that mean Banshee will have a height limit?

Diamondbacker, whose height has already deemed him too big to ride four Kings Island rides.

You're asking the wrong person that question lol for two reasons:

1. I'm short (5'3") so the only rides I am banned from for being too tall are kiddie rides :P

2. I don't know anything about min/max height restriction determining factors

So, to answer your question, I really don't know :P

• Like 2

12 KICers invaded Race For Your Life Charlie Brown INCLUDING TERPY!!! Lol

Posted Image

Great picture.....so...who is who from left to right, front to back? (and who is the mystery photographer and hands in the bottom left?

I don't know everyone but front row L to R is me, ohiocolts, IndyGuy4KI, don't know, don't know, don't know

Back row L to R is The Interpreter, Malem, don't know, don't know, don't know, and I think Fire-Beast-OF FEAR lol someone please fill me in on who the don't knows are lol

• Like 1

12 KICers invaded Race For Your Life Charlie Brown INCLUDING TERPY!!! Lol

3e9arybe.jpg

Great picture.....so...who is who from left to right, front to back? (and who is the mystery photographer and hands in the bottom left?

I don't know everyone but front row L to R is me, ohiocolts, IndyGuy4KI, don't know, don't know, don't know

Back row L to R is The Interpreter, Malem, don't know, don't know, don't know, and I think Fire-Beast-OF FEAR lol someone please fill me in on who the don't knows are lol

I know the guy next to Malem is BeastForever, and the guy next to the girl who is next to IndyGuy4KI (sorry, I don't know her screen name) is me (MDMC01).

• Like 2