Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

I can't remember but did the rendering have a curve after the vertical loop, the webcam makes it look like there is one

I think it looks like it curves because a piece of the track is laying on the ground in that area that gives the appearance it is curving though it is not attached.

• Like 2

If you watch the pov video and pause it as it comes out of the loop. It goes through the dive loop and kind of curves very slightly to the left to go through the vertical loop. It kind of looks like a straight shot back to the fields after that.

If you watch the pov video and pause it as it comes out of the loop. It goes through the dive loop and kind of curves very slightly to the left to go through the vertical loop. It kind of looks like a straight shot back to the fields after that.

Here is the pest pic of that I got yesterday! This is the bottom of the first drop and after the loop shooting back to the field!

IMG_20131027_144014_519_zps3397703c.jpg

• Like 10

Wow...this ride is going to work up some dust as it flies by. It looks from this view to be within 10 feet or so from the ground through every loop except for the heartline at the end of the ride....wow!!!

Shorter than that in the loop! We are talking more like 7'. I am 5' 10" and can reach up an touch it with ease!

IMG_20131027_141119_627_zpsc6ee45dd.jpg

• Like 9

Wow...this ride is going to work up some dust as it flies by. It looks from this view to be within 10 feet or so from the ground through every loop except for the heartline at the end of the ride....wow!!!

Shorter than that in the loop! We are talking more like 7'. I am 5' 10" and can reach up an touch it with ease!

IMG_20131027_141119_627_zpsc6ee45dd.jpg

Great pic!

This ride is going to be so frightening!

Looks like everyone had a wonderful time, I'm glad of it.

• Like 5

I was guessing around 6.5' clearance between the lowest point (where Brad's hand is touching) and the ground. Add in 3, maybe 4 feet for the coaster train, we're gonna be riding maybe 2 feet above ground! Pretty awesome! lol

• Like 1

Pulling out of that lift hill loop will be cool...you'll go from a few feet off the ground, to climbing as the ground drops away below you. The effect should be the sensation of climbing faster and higher than you really are, adding to the intensity.

Kudos to those that laid this coaster out! They have really made it work well with the terrain IMO.

• Like 2

I'm very interested in seeing how the fog effect will work in this part of the attraction. I wonder what else they have up their sleeves on special effects?

edit: also looks like the perimeter fence has come down.

I wouldn't mind if they did lighting like this:

238826d1382225752-2014-neuheit-b-m-wing-

238835d1382225787-2014-neuheit-b-m-wing-

238829d1382225761-2014-neuheit-b-m-wing-

Pictures from this coasterbuzz thread: http://coasterbuzz.com/Forums/Topic/heide-park--bm-wingcoaster-2014-looks-interesting/4

• Like 8

Sorry to go off topic, but just when I thought that Heide Park wing coaster couldn't get more awesome, they pull off stuff like THAT! Holy cow is that awesome lighting! Too bad Banshee won't have the path interaction that has to be able to pull off those lights to such an affect.

Now if Banshee's queue area and the first 3 elements were lit up that way, I think we'll have a visual piece of awesome on our hands in 2014! I can already imagine the ride just rockin' at night.

• Like 4

Here is the pest pic of that I got yesterday! This is the bottom of the first drop and after the loop shooting back to the field!

IMG_20131027_144014_519_zps3397703c.jpg

This is actually the bottom of the dive loop climbing into the vertical loop, not the first drop.

• Like 2