Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

It would make more sense for Invertigo to change its name to Screamin' Demon if they want to rename it. Similar concept. (Going forward and backward) and relatively same area.

Screamin' Demon was my first "big" ride. I remember being terrified. My daughter would laugh about being afraid of that ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reason I said Stinger is there is a coaster at Dorney Park identical to Invertigo, including the colors, called Stinger. It was moved from another park where it had been Invertigo, and got repainted to KI Invertigo colors and called Stinger :) so it would be an easy change, just needs a new sign :)

Let's just axe Congo Falls and put in a Divertical in its place!!!! :D

I don't know about axing it, but now that we see the direction they are going with the re-themed Flight Deck to Bat I wonder if any other rides will get the same name change treatment? I believe this has already been discussed, to some degree, but I've always hated the "Congo" being added and never taken away after CF took over. I kinda wanted to see it go back to "Amazon Falls". Most of these ride name changes, post Paramount, made me think of those generic brands you see at the grocery like Mountain Lightning and Dr. Thunder sodas. I'd love to see a complete revision of that area where Congo Falls becomes "Hidden Hollow Falls" and the landscaping and architecture resemble that of Liberty Square at Disney World. Just my opinion, but what they have decided so far is more than thrilling in my eyes!

• Like 2

Well I was kidding when I said axe it lol but in all seriousness I would love a water coaster to come to KI. With crazy Cincy weather though I can see it having very limited operation.... Like only mid/late may through early/mid September

^I see you've been posting on KI's Facebook? :)

who?

Also... Devarious and fyrfyter, I am SO not a patient person :P with today's announcement, it is going to be VERY hard waiting for spring LOL 2012 ended lousy and 2013 has been pretty crappy for me with the exception of getting engaged. 2014 holds a lot of potential... an awesome new invert coaster, a cool new theme for an old coaster, and to top it all off, marrying the love of my life :D I'm not a patient person and don't wanna be when 2014 already is shaping up to be an incredible year and it's not even here yet lol

The older you get, the faster time passes. Wait till you are married & have kids. You'll understand. Anymore, it seems like I blink my eyes & another week is gone.

• Like 9

I am so happy I am not the only one stoked by Banshee. We have been excited since we heard there was going to be a new coaster for next year. We even drove to KI for the announcement - what a great night. I think it is going to be better than I imagine it will be.

• Like 6

Is it just me, but I totally think they could keep Invertigo, and Delirium as names even with a retheme. I think they easily could sound scary as is, with some paint that is. I just don't like rides to change names

I agree. Those names have psychological connotations and would fit in with the spooky theme ok. (if there is a spooky theme :P)

on a slightly un-related topic, I noticed that KI's website still hasn't been updated with the news about The Bat. Curious about that.... I am curious why the announcement isn't on there yet, but as far as the webpage for it, I'm guessing that won't be up until the transformation from FD to TB is complete :)

• Like 1

Does anyone know if it's permissible to park in the passenger drop-off/pick-up lot and take pictures from there? I could probably get decent pics from the church parking lot across the street if not :)

Does anyone know if it's permissible to park in the passenger drop-off/pick-up lot and take pictures from there? I could probably get decent pics from the church parking lot across the street if not :)

Technicaly no, because that is park property, which is now closed to the public for the season. You would need special permission from the Park to do so. I'm sure Don will post plenty of pics in the offseason from close in, so no need to risk arrest to get a pic from hundreds of feet away.

• Like 3

LOL I'm trying to be patient but it's hard lol. I heard there might be off season tours. That would be really cool :) sad to say I don't remember Diamondback being built.... probably because I wasn't active on the forum back then like I am now. Of course, I was finishing college back in '08 and '09 so that's probably why. I had more of a life then :P

Looks like they have put together a couple pieces of track. I'd assume these are the next pieces for after the loop, but it doesn't look like they have the supports installed yet. Odd.

Or an optical illusion i guess.

I see it, too.... doesn't make sense to me at all, though. It could be just how they are placed on the ground makes them look like they are put together. I can rarely tell what's going on from the webcam lol

Don also did mention that perhaps some coaster clubs would be invited to media day for Banshee as well, so if KIC is in the running for one of those invites, no need to spoil things by trespassing like a certain other member did earlier this season.

• Like 3