Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Every time I check on the progress I am stunned by just how huge it is. Everything else seems so incredibly small in comparison to what is constructed thus far. It almost feels cartoonishly large; I am aware that it truly isn't but even in person it just seemed enormous!

Also, I can't wait to see The Bat come to fruition through the same camera view as Banshee.

SO. MUCH. EXCITEMENT.

• Like 4

good morning everyone! Looks like it's going to be a very busy and productive day at the site today!!! I guess after losing two days due to weather they have a lot to do to play catch up! Barely after 11am EST and already they've gotten a lot done! I never realized the next part of the coaster after the lift hill loop was so high. It looks like it's almost as high as the dive loop! :D This is going to be one incredible roller coaster for sure!

• Like 2

^^^ This isn't their first trip to the rodeo; the construction schedule and sequencing has passed thru so many eyes, people with lots of experience doing this kind of thing, I have full faith that things are progressing completely as planned.

• Like 1

I see what he is saying about building it into a corner. If they put up the next support in line, it really appears that Clifford will be boxed in. Maybe they are planning on moving it now, or maybe they can reach the whole ride from the center area. Of course, this is all based on the ride layout and blueprints. Maybe the there is enough clearance between the footers for the zero G and brake run for Clifford to squeeze through and its all just an optical illusion. I have no doubt that they know what they are doing, but I am curious to see what they do next.

It looks like the first photos of the zero-g roll have been posted to KI's Twitter. My biggest concern about this whole project was whether the roll would have any real "snap" to it. We still need to see how much speed the trains have going into this element, but judging by the shaping in the photo we're in for quite a treat!

hard to tell what's going on now.... I see two supports laying on the ground (assuming those are the next to go up) and it looks like they are doing some work down in the valley but not sure what.

^ how on earth can you see that??? lol the eyesight that some of y'all apparently have is just incredible. I can't tell that at all, even with the enlarged image opened in a new tab and zoomed in lol

• Like 2

There moving pretty fast putting this coaster up, probably getting as much as they can done before winter hits, depending in the weather this year i think its possible they could have track layout completed by January... The last things to go in would be the station, que line , and the ring. Then the testing will begin sometime late winter / early spring.

• Like 2

I don't think they will be done with Clifford until they are done with construction. It makes no sense to me why he'd be used to assemble the upper half of the coaster (by upper half I mean top of the hill parts) but not the lower half.

I don't think they will be done with Clifford until they are done with construction. It makes no sense to me why he'd be used to assemble the upper half of the coaster (by upper half I mean top of the hill parts) but not the lower half.

I'm guessing it probably costs less money to use a smaller crane. So, if they can use a smaller crane, they probably will.

I think they used Clifford For the tall parts of the ride (i.e Lift Hill Dive loop and Lift Hill Loop) So i think they will use another smaller crane for the rest of the ride.

• Like 3