Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

I am just wondering how the large red construction crane will get out of its current location? Looks to me like it is now "boxed in". Will it be unassembled then reassemble down the slope of the hill to do the second half of the coaster? Or, will it just be unassembled and then just use the other smaller cranes to finish the job now that the tallest support columns have been erected? :wacko:

After further inspecition of what I can see, it looks as if they are possibly assembling another crane in the valley, If so, they will use that crane to remove "Clifford"s large boom pieces and the base of Clifford will be disassembled where it is and trucked out. then just use the new crane to finish the 2nd half of the coaster down in the valley. BUT, I could be wrong. LOL :rolleyes:

• Like 1

^ Welcome to the forum, steveinphoenix! :) glad to have you!! :)

The large red crane is called Clifford :) I'm also wondering how he's going to get out. I was thinking he would move before they put up the next piece of track up for the zero G roll, but if I am correct in my assumption that they put that piece in place, then I was wrong in my guess about moving him out, and now have not a clue how he's getting out unless he is able to flex down enough to fit under there. No idea.... I guess we will find out tomorrow what becomes of Clifford!

• Like 2

eh, think I was wrong about them getting that other piece of track in place. It really looked like they had, but now it's looking like they didn't lol. Also just noticed that the lift hill is a lot steeper in reality than it appears in the track layout.

^ Welcome to the forum, steveinphoenix! :) glad to have you!! :)

The large red crane is called Clifford :) I'm also wondering how he's going to get out. I was thinking he would move before they put up the next piece of track up for the zero G roll, but if I am correct in my assumption that they put that piece in place, then I was wrong in my guess about moving him out, and now have not a clue how he's getting out unless he is able to flex down enough to fit under there. No idea.... I guess we will find out tomorrow what becomes of Clifford!

I belive they will be using the "New" Crane that was on site today for the rest of the ride becuase Clifford cant make it into the valley.

• Like 1

is anyone else amazed at how many supports are on this ride? i ive seen 3 b&m inverts (raptor, afterburn, alpengheist) and dont remember them having that many supports. if Banshee was named with something that went along with the colors of brown supports and green track it would literally look like a forest after the zero g roll... or is that just me?

• Like 1

is anyone else amazed at how many supports are on this ride? i ive seen 3 b&m inverts (raptor, afterburn, alpengheist) and dont remember them having that many supports. if Banshee was named with something that went along with the colors of brown supports and green track it would literally look like a forest after the zero g roll... or is that just me?

It's funny you say that because it's actually the opposite. If you look at Raptor it has more than double the amount of supports for the lift hill and throughout the entire ride. Banshee has a minimal amount.

I paid no attention to the supports on Raptor. I was too busy loving the ride. I rode it for the first time on September 27th, front row, my first ever full invert and I LOVED it. If it wasn't my first major trip to CP with lots of rides to enjoy that I had never been on before, I easily could have spent most of the weekend just on that ride :D

• Like 1