Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Couple things I want to point out.

1. I agree that is one crane bent over, although I don't know the reason it would be bent over, but it is. If you look at the grass, you can see the shadow of the crane and the tension cable is more clearly seen between the fulcrum point.

2. It appears they are building something (was this mentioned?) down where the immilmen loop will be. Or are those just supports laying around and I'm imagining things.

EDIT: For easy reference:

KEkyPj4.jpg

• Like 1

Where are you from? I live in Scottsburg. A.K.A Southern Indiana. :)

Seymour....work in Columbus.

Lol, it's a small world on the interwebz.

I live on the other side of Columbus in Brown County. Way small world indeed

You call that a small world. I saw one of my friends from school here in cincy, In Walt Disney World.

GamesAndRide, No "Its a small world" pun intended.

They REALLY need to add a second cam to the top of the freefall ride to get a different angel. :ph34r:

I'm not trying to be a jerk by saying this, but we are really lucky to have at least the one. When I watched SOB during construction there was virtually no forum or webcam to check out everyday. It was very primitive with very few pictures, updates, etc - the fan base was not "Centralized". With that said, I'll go back into my cave with the other dinosaurs.

• Like 8

They REALLY need to add a second cam to the top of the freefall ride to get a different angel. :ph34r:

I didn't know it had even one angel o.O I mean it kinda makes sense since Banshee wails over the dead and angels can relate to death but still.... :P

• Like 8

Just so everyone knows, I have a server downloading the webcam image every 10 minutes. I have an index page here:

http://Vortex.beansisland.com/pics/KI/Banshee/

You can use those if you want. But please download and re-host the captures if you want to post one of them here. My bandwidth is relatively limited on that server.

EDIT: I should add that it does not do any capturing between 10PM and 5AM. I can't imagine that anything would be happening at those times.

ANOTHER EDIT:

I have a backup server at this address:

http://beast.beansisland.com/pics/KI/Banshee/

use that one if for some reason the other goes down. Just know that it only captures every 30 minutes.

• Like 4

Excellent progress! Keeping my eye on the far right of the area with the new track, is it just me or is there a black support on FD now?!

quite possible. They started painting it today! Courtesy of Don Helbig via Twitter

s60oea.jpg

• Like 10

In our lifetimes...we have rode some brilliant craftsmanship of mankind. Its truly something if you think about. And I can't wait to queue this one.

Oh boy. I can't wait. I love coasters man.

Maverick is my all time favorite (I haven't rode skyrush).,..but raptor use to be. Perhaps this one?

• Like 7

Where are you from? I live in Scottsburg. A.K.A Southern Indiana. :)

Seymour....work in Columbus.

Lol, it's a small world on the interwebz.

I live on the other side of Columbus in Brown County. Way small world indeed

You call that a small world. I saw one of my friends from school here in cincy, In Walt Disney World.

GamesAndRide, No "Its a small world" pun intended.

You think that's small? I once ran into a person I went to school with on a "Mike's Bike Tour" in Munich Germany.

• Like 5

Just so everyone knows, I have a server downloading the webcam image every 10 minutes. I have an index page here:

You can use those if you want. But please download and re-host the captures if you want to post one of them here. My bandwidth is relatively limited on that server.

EDIT: I should add that it does not do any capturing between 10PM and 5AM. I can't imagine that anything would be happening at those times.

ANOTHER EDIT:

use that one if for some reason the other goes down. Just know that it only captures every 30 minutes.

I thought about doing something like this, but just haven't gotten around to it

ANOTHER EDIT:

I thought about doing something like this, but just haven't gotten around to it

What can I say, I'm a nerd with a penchant for scripting :)

In all honesty, a three-line shell script was all it took. Though I imagine it's a lot easier since I have my own server. Most shared hosting services won't let you run programs on their servers.

• Like 1

i have a knack for scripting as well (I work with automation for a living). What i was planning on was to have my capture script on my desktop just upload to my website. Then on the site, i would have an interactive slideshow that people could arrow through. But i have a 16 month old and my wife is laid up due to foot surgery so i just don't have the time to work on it.

primer paint possibly? regardless, it's changing colors :)

Hello all! I am a new poster!

And I do believe that they are sand blasting to get ready to paint it. They need to get all the old chipped paint off to make the new paint smooth.

Welcome :)

• Like 2

Excellent progress! Keeping my eye on the far right of the area with the new track, is it just me or is there a black support on FD now?!

quite possible. They started painting it today! Courtesy of Don Helbig via Twitter

s60oea.jpg

This is nearly as exciting as the Banshee being built. It almost sounds crazy to be excited, but I can't help it.

• Like 10

primer paint possibly? regardless, it's changing colors :)

Hello all! I am a new poster!

And I do believe that they are sand blasting to get ready to paint it. They need to get all the old chipped paint off to make the new paint smooth.

Welcome! There are a lot of great people on this forum, so dont be afraid to say anything..even Terpy ("The Interpreter" on here) likes to do some good-natured ribbing!

• Like 2