Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

What's with this floor dropping nonsense? Who cares?

The coaster experts have it formulated.

We are seeing new invert trains that tilt like wing riders.

I'm sure the trains will only drag your feet scraping on the ground for 2-3 seconds. Suck it up man and ride. Take some metal shoes. Get your feet amputated or something beforehand.

I thought we are enthusiasts and not a geriatric council for bingo man. You don't need feet. Walk on your calves if you have to. You are coaster clubbers!

Now get in there and give me twenty....rides!

What's with people dictating what other people talk about? Especially when the debacle is over with? We wanna talk; set things straight, and give our opinions or arguments. WE care. Same reason why I responded to you calling it out.

• Like 3

What's with this floor dropping nonsense? Who cares?

The coaster experts have it formulated.

We are seeing new invert trains that tilt like wing riders.

I'm sure the trains will only drag your feet scraping on the ground for 2-3 seconds. Suck it up man and ride. Take some metal shoes. Get your feet amputated or something beforehand.

I thought we are enthusiasts and not a geriatric council for bingo man. You don't need feet. Walk on your calves if you have to. You are coaster clubbers!

Now get in there and give me twenty....rides!

What's with people dictating what other people talk about? Especially when the debacle is over with? We wanna talk; set things straight, and give our opinions or arguments. WE care. Same reason why I responded to you calling it out.

I didn't call anything out bro...and was poking fun at the absurd. It wasnt me man. Which I always do on boards I like. Take a moment to breathe. Its all good. I dig most everyone here...

It was just a crap post to get everyone united. No worries and I didn't mean to push buttons. The internet is all a joyous children's book. Read and forget.

• Like 5

not complaining but when are they going to tell us the height of the inversions? sorry my ocd gets to me, i like to know every fact i can about a ride. i do know that the first loop is 120-130ft because Delirium comes close to the loop crest when its full height is reached, if it does anymore.

side note: off topic for a minute... but good lord what the h#ll happened to Delirium's ride cycle? one full height swing (2 if you're lucky) and done? not worth the wait even with Fast Lane... sorry now that was complaining. black widow at kennywood is just so much better.

The height of the dive loop is officially 126ft.

• Like 3

Now let's all hold hands and sing "kum ba yah".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can we sing this song too?

Obviously, you've not heard me sing. :)

I do love that song. It is such a happy little ditty. Michael Stipe has such a great voice in my opinion. Did you catch the eye bows on a few if them? Wowzers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

^Not that I don't believe you, but how do you know? Do you know the others?

Kings Island stated it in the comments on the picture. Its further down in the comment section on the picture of the dive loop. The height of the others have not been posted.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152323410763368&set=pb.155893938367.-2207520000.1384524639.&type=3&theater

• Like 2

Photo of the loop surrounding Banshee's lift hill....

2nq3gk.jpg

(Photo taken by MasonBuzz)

The whole Banshee photo album taken by MasonBuzz, two days ago, can be found here..... http://masonbuzz.com/photos/album/72157637461402024/Banshee-construction.html

I still would like to know the reason the base of the loop is so far apart. It does not make sense.

My first thought was clearance, but that is not the issue. Otherwise all the ther inverted coasters would be wide like that.

e0b15s05f000lkrgef1340.jpg

h24p0g0i000g00ddas3jo8.jpg

a9n12s001llrgef134abc8.jpg

Even on B&M's most recent inverted coaster, OzIris, the base of the loop is not wide.

j9gghj4qno9eb000qr5o77.jpg

It is not because of the lift. Other B&M coasters loop around the lift and the are not that far apart.

It appears that I am correct about the loop being stretched.

If clearance was the reason, the track on Banshee would have the SAME clearance on each side, not just the middle.

Yes, I went back to this discussion. Got a problem with it?

• Like 4

^^Exactly, it's not REALLY important, but since there's nothing else discuss, what's the problem with bringing it up? We've got nothing better to do at the moment...

Oh yeah and in no way are we "complaining" when we bring up the fact that the vertical loop on Banshee is much wider than most other B&M inverts, we're just discussing...

In fact, I must say that I actually like that it's the way it is so far; it makes KI's long-awaited B&M invert just that much more unique and stand-out.

• Like 8

^Not that I don't believe you, but how do you know? Do you know the others?

Kings Island stated it in the comments on the picture. Its further down in the comment section on the picture of the dive loop. The height of the others have not been posted.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152323410763368&set=pb.155893938367.-2207520000.1384524639.&type=3&theater

cool. thanks for pointing that out. now for the rest of them :P

• Like 1

^^Exactly, it's not REALLY important, but since there's nothing else discuss, what's the problem with bringing it up? We've got nothing better to do at the moment...

Oh yeah and in no way are we "complaining" when we bring up the fact that the vertical loop on Banshee is much wider than most other B&M inverts, we're just discussing...

In fact, I must say that I actually like that it's the way it is so far; it makes KI's long-awaited B&M invert just that much more unique and stand-out.

Refer to my previous post where I stated "complaining" wasn't necessarily the correct term as much as nit-picking over silly non-important details.

As others have said: who cares, why does it even matter?? Is it really that important that it's wider? We are getting a new coaster, who cares if certain features differentiate from similar features of other B&M coasters. Are they not allowed to have variations, only cookie cutters?

Just sayin'....

• Like 1

So, any of the possibilities previously discussed, you have rejected? Or does it require absolute resolution from the ride designers? Don't get me wrong here, not trying to "yank your chain", just curious as to your thoughts of "why".

Just a more direct answer from someone who knows more, that is all I require. I don't need argument from the people who that when I pointed out the difference when I first noticed it, contested it. So, I will say it now. "Told you so."

A couple reasons that were speculated why the loop is spread apart.

1. Clearance. While they are new trains, I doubt they will require THAT much clearance. If they need that much space between the 2 track sections, what about the supports on the outside of those 2 track sections? There would need to be equal clearance. Also, there only needs to be clearance enough for 1 train to pass through, as two trains will never cross at that point. (Lord knows KI likes to stack their other B&M.)

2. Line up with next inversion. Other B&M's have a slight turn to them at the bottom of the valley leading into the next element. Montu, Kumba, Diamondback, etc. Montu has 3 instances after the first loop, immelman, and zero g where the track turns at the bottom of the valley. Kumba has one after the loop, and then another leading toward the cobra roll. Diamondback has 2 obvious ones. "These are all different coasters." you say. Yes, they are, but it is the same principal. "Turn the train to go this way."

3. Reduce forces. I think they have this one figured out by now. This is not the reason.

One final thought...

Perhaps it is like that to make room for the queue which makes more sense than any of the other possible reasons that was previously discussed. I just thought of this while reviewing the photo of the blueprints. The queue will be going between the lift and the station, according to the blueprint.

I said "perhaps", so I still need to know the correct answer.