Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

^^Exactly, it's not REALLY important, but since there's nothing else discuss, what's the problem with bringing it up? We've got nothing better to do at the moment...

Oh yeah and in no way are we "complaining" when we bring up the fact that the vertical loop on Banshee is much wider than most other B&M inverts, we're just discussing...

In fact, I must say that I actually like that it's the way it is so far; it makes KI's long-awaited B&M invert just that much more unique and stand-out.

Refer to my previous post where I stated "complaining" wasn't necessarily the correct term as much as nit-picking over silly non-important details.

As others have said: who cares, why does it even matter?? Is it really that important that it's wider? We are getting a new coaster, who cares if certain features differentiate from similar features of other B&M coasters. Are they not allowed to have variations, only cookie cutters?

Just sayin'....

As someone stated above... What else do we have to talk about right now. AS you can see vertical construction has slowed down, and there isn't much to see.

While we are waiting for updates on the constructions site, we can discuss ALL of the construction aspects of the coaster.

Instead of making 6 threads about the same thing like others do, the conversation is contained here.

I mean c'mon, how many stinking Winterfest, Bat this, or Bat that threads do we need? Another thread about the loop would be another one of those threads.

• Like 2

Why not contact B&M, Adena Corp., CSF, or Don Helbig? I'm sure one of those would have your answer :P

You do know Don does read and post on the forums, correct?

I did say in another post that Don could possibly answer. I even quoted the post where I said it. The quote is on page 96.

Adena and CSF would not know the "whys". They just bring it to life. So no, neither of those would have my answer.

One final thought...

Perhaps it is like that to make room for the queue which makes more sense than any of the other possible reasons that was previously discussed. I just thought of this while reviewing the photo of the blueprints. The queue will be going between the lift and the station, according to the blueprint.

I said "perhaps", so I still need to know the correct answer.

Now, that is constructive, well thought out, and feasible. Asking if someone has a problem, told ya so, etc... will almost always meet with resistance.

• Like 1

Why not contact B&M, Adena Corp., CSF, or Don Helbig? I'm sure one of those would have your answer :P

You do know Don does read and post on the forums, correct?

I did say in another post that Don could possibly answer. I even quoted the post where I said it. The quote is on page 96.

Adena and CSF would not know the "whys". They just bring it to life. So no, neither of those would have my answer.

Yes I am fully aware he reads and occasionally posts out here..... I'm not that new out here :P

I would be happy if Kings Island did some landscaping to really accentuate this beauty B&M has created. It's a shame, to me at least, to just have a flat grass patch under the ride. I don't expect it this coming season, but I certainly don't want to see that entire area become another Firehawk landscape.

• Like 7

I would be happy if Kings Island did some landscaping to really accentuate this beauty B&M has created. It's a shame, to me at least, to just have a flat grass patch under the ride. I don't expect it this coming season, but I certainly don't want to see that entire area become another Firehawk landscape.

I think there will be more, tombstones at the very least. And I would assume, if they're going to the trouble to make a cemetery scene, it will be more than just the headstones and grass. And yes, I realize assuming is just what it says.

• Like 1

If you spend 20 some million....spend the next hundred thousand on some scenery please. (Im not speaking of fountain concourses and elaborate theming like The Swarm.) I know the tombstones are a go...but man. Its the final nail in the coffin of greatness on rides so to speak. A-ha. Make them great...not good.

In no way am I speaking of Banshee...its not even done of course...I just mean in general.

• Like 6

It appears that I am correct about the loop being stretched.

If clearance was the reason, the track on Banshee would have the SAME clearance on each side, not just the middle.

Yes, I went back to this discussion. Got a problem with it?

I think it's because the height of the loop on Banshee is much taller then the loops you have pictured here. I could be wrong but I believe height has something to do with it.

• Like 3

But let's remember, Firehawk wasn't designed for Kings Island, but Banshee is.

But let's remember, Firehawk wasn't designed for Kings Island, but Banshee is.

Are you sure about that?

Terp, who likes to ask questions.

• Like 4

not complaining but when are they going to tell us the height of the inversions? sorry my ocd gets to me, i like to know every fact i can about a ride. i do know that the first loop is 120-130ft because Delirium comes close to the loop crest when its full height is reached, if it does anymore.

side note: off topic for a minute... but good lord what the h#ll happened to Delirium's ride cycle? one full height swing (2 if you're lucky) and done? not worth the wait even with Fast Lane... sorry now that was complaining. black widow at kennywood is just so much better.

Gee, I wish my OCD was that mild. Might wanna do some research before diagnosing yourself.