Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Wasn't X-Flight ment for Kings Island to get, but they ended up building it at Geauga Lake, thus Flying Ace Aerial Chase (Then Runaway Reptar) being built at Kings Island in 2001 instead?

It is rumored that both X-Flight and Batwing were meant for Kings Island and Kings Dominion respectively. After the mechanical issues arose with Stealth at Great America, Paramount decided against it.

• Like 3

So, I just looked at the webcam for the first time and WOW they've got a lot done...zero-g/barrel roll is officially finished and the drop into the valley (?) looks almost done :D

Oh, and random question, was it known where X-Flight/Firehawk would have gone in the park had it been installed in 2001 instead of 2007?

• Like 1

I know, B&M has to be my favorite ride manufacture!

Yet you still ask if it will have problems.

Realistically, ANYTHING can happen. I do not foresee anything major happening with Banshee. All systems of this new version of the inverted coaster have been used on other types of B&M coasters, and seem to be doing great.

The major noticeable change on this coaster is the train. I still don't think there will be a problem. With 3 other (wing) coasters within 5 to 6 hours with the same restraint system, they are but a phone call away.

This is the first upgrade to B&M inverted coasters in the 11 years that they have been available to parks.

I also figured out why the trains are so close to the ground! Instead of a splashdown, the train will shoot dirt 50 ft into the air as it skims the surface. It makes so much more sense now!

The loop on Montu is 104 ft tall. Alpie's is 106. I doubt Banshee's is much taller. As per my previous thought about the loop. It may have been modified to one side to accommodate the queue which is between the loop and the station.

Pay no attention to the red circle.

BansheeStation.jpg

• Like 2

"I also figured out why the trains are so close to the ground! Instead of a splashdown, the train will shoot dirt 50 ft into the air as it skims the surface."

:D So we had better ride this early before all the dirt is gone from the skimdown or will it be replaced occasionally? :rolleyes:

later,

Mark

• Like 7

Pictures, I do not have access to the KI webcam on AFNET

Vortex.beansisland.com/pics/KI/Banshee

That's my own personal server on which I host the webcam captures every 10 minutes. You have to go to the bottom to reach the newest capture, but a quick tap of the end key will get you there. If that's blocked for any reason, I have another server that captures it every 30 minutes:

beast.beansisland.com/pics/KI/Banshee

Looking at my own captures, I'm in the Sun glare camp.

• Like 2

I'd say probably some dirt from the downpour followed the water and ended there kind of like silt in a river.

On another topic thanks for the Banshee capture website I'll have to use it at home, it is still blocked on AFNET :P

But looking at the pics from my phone I'm with the weather/sun deal. Also I will say heading into winter sucks...all of those big trees that bloomed perfectly in the winter, almost all empty..

Boo

• Like 3