Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

So what all did they work on today?

Seeing as how much rain we got Sunday, probably little to nothing. Not a good idea to be driving heavy construction equipment on very soft ground. My guess would be more station work, but we don't have a close up view on the progress of that except for when Don is nice enough to provide us with a photo of that, like he did last week :)
I can tell you didn't check Twitter...

I was at work. I'm sick. I came home did a quick check of the forum and went to sleep, so no, I did not check twitter. I rarely use twitter.

EDIT: I checked Twitter. No relevant info at all as far as progress yesterday. Just a picture of the base of the first drop. A drop that has been up for awhile now.

• Like 4

Yes this community really seems to have grown quite a bit since the rumors first started for Banshee. It certainly motivated me to sign up, though I had lurked for a while. I am actually very excited to see how this station is going to turn out so I am perfectly fine with seeing focus put on it for a little while with iffy weather happening.

• Like 8

Seeing as how much rain we got Sunday, probably little to nothing. Not a good idea to be driving heavy construction equipment on very soft ground. My guess would be more station work, but we don't have a close up view on the progress of that except for when Don is nice enough to provide us with a photo of that, like he did last week :)
I was at work. I'm sick. I came home did a quick check of the forum and went to sleep, so no, I did not check twitter. I rarely use twitter.

EDIT: I checked Twitter. No relevant info at all as far as progress yesterday. Just a picture of the base of the first drop. A drop that has been up for awhile now.

Today? No.

Yesterday? Yes.

There was a picture of more work on the station

That is really funny. Me and my friend tipped over my brother in one of those once.

That is really funny. Me and my friend tipped over my brother in one of those once.

oh do tell the details....I've heard of people doing that but never actually witnessed it.....what did he do when he got out? or did you tip it over on the door so he couldn't?

Tipping one of those over is cruel and dangerous.

Aside from the raw sewage, consider injuries potentially sustained in the fall and toxic chemicals used to treat the waste in the tank.

• Like 10

Tipping one of those over is cruel and dangerous.

Aside from the raw sewage, consider injuries potentially sustained in the fall and toxic chemicals used to treat the waste in the tank.

you must be the brother

• Like 1

i thought most coasters had a shed or building where all the electrical things (i just know the types of coasters and the elements not the mechanical stuff) and motors are put in so it doesnt look like an eyesore? kingda ka is like that where the launch cable and pistons to make it work are underneath the initial launch section of track. im probably way off so someone correct me... politely that is.

• Like 1

Today? No.

Yesterday? Yes.

There was a picture of more work on the station

I posted that this morning after checking the tweets for yesterday. And all this to tell me there was a picture posted that showed what I already said in my initial post - likely station work....

Seems like a lot of typing, quoting, and time wasting just to say what I already said....

Whatever floats your boat I suppose....

*shakes head in disbelief and walks away slowly*

• Like 1

And no movement today at all at least in the support/track section. Kat Feel better :)

Thank you :) lingering evil cold that I've had since Halloween plus lack of a lot of sleep last week PLUS a pretty bad reaction to Aleve didn't make for a fun Monday or first day back to work... But it went well and I survived!

was it 100% confirmed a gift shop will be under the station? that clearance looks too low for there to be gift shop and instead looks like where the machinery that operates the brakes and motors would go.

It does look pretty tight under there in the photo. But it coudl jsut be how it comes across in the picture. There really isn't too much to gauge the height from and the distance between the upper floor and track looks smaller than it likely is to me.

I do hope there is a shop underneath it though.

Under the station most of the time will contain the air compressors, PLC, maint, ect. Assuming the similarity with recent B&M's I don't think a full usage under the station will be used, some will be off limits. Some could be used like Gatekeeper for instance, having a queue and gift shop. But right now I assume it'll all be walled off to allow for hidden neccesary items.

• Like 1

So i see a semi doing a delivery to the drop zone off in the distant.

Why would they not drop parts closer down where there is a nice open field?

I can not tell but maybe it is a slope more than it looks or such.

But they drop there, then as needed have to go get it and haul to site.

Unlike the first half where they laid track/supports amongst the work area.

I'm guessing there is roughly 10-14' b/w the concrete at the base and the bottom of the steel where the coaster will load. Plenty of room for a gift shop. The picture is a little decieving, if you look at the base of the blue support on the right, you see that there is a block wall that extends up from the ground. A quick look makes that look like the floor is sitting at the top of that block wall, but if you look closely that wall is probably about 3-4' tall.