Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Getting tipped in a porta potty would be a crappy thing to do to someone today or any day for that matter. I've seen a guy try it before. I have never seen a guy bust out of a porta potty so fast in my life. It instantly came to blows. Not that I can blame the potty-ee for throwing punches. (This was in Louisville for Thunder Over Louisville, not at Kings Island).

• Like 8

I'm sure someone else has probably posted this before but just in case they haven't. if you go to youtube and type in Banshee TIME LAPSE, each week they compile all of the shots from the Eiffel Tower webcam and run it at normal speed and its pretty cool to see the weeks progress in just a few short minutes....and they have all of the previous weeks as well. I don't know how to post links, pics, vids...etc. on here but this is the link to one of the vids.......oh and they eliminate the nighttime shots....

I hope I typed all that in right.
  • Like 3

Getting tipped in a porta potty would be a crappy thing to do to someone today or any day for that matter. I've seen a guy try it before. I have never seen a guy bust out of a porta potty so fast in my life. It instantly came to blows. Not that I can blame the potty-ee for throwing punches. (This was in Louisville for Thunder Over Louisville, not at Kings Island).

ya that is a crappy thing to do to someome....I bet the guy inside was ****ed!

• Like 1

I'm sure someone else has probably posted this before but just in case they haven't. if you go to youtube and type in Banshee TIME LAPSE, each week they compile all of the shots from the Eiffel Tower webcam and run it at normal speed and its pretty cool to see the weeks progress in just a few short minutes....and they have all of the previous weeks as well. I don't know how to post links, pics, vids...etc. on here but this is the link to one of the vids.......oh and they eliminate the nighttime shots....

Yep, in fact there's a whole thread for that: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27941-Banshee-construction-time-lapse/

• Like 4

In order to have a bathroom in it, it would need to be hooked up to plumbing. If it was set up as a port-o-potty style, then the smells inside the trailer would be awful. Construction job trailers by there very nature are transient. They never usually stay on a site longer than six months to a year.

Now some may be hooked up to water and plumbing, especially on longer construction projects.

Hi, I'm new to KICentral. I've lurked around for a little bit but I finally got the account to work. Now I think the reason the station looks so low is because you go UNDERGROUND to get to the gift shop. Take a look at the station rendering: Banshee-Load-Station-1%281%29.jpg

The stairs seem to cut off as if going underground. I think a basement gift shop is pretty cool. I could be wrong though but I do like the idea if I'm right.

There will NOT be an underground portion to the station. There will be a gift shop/ride photo on the ground level, below the station.

That rendering, while very well done, but likely not entirely accurate to the final construction documents. Things get changed and modified after renderings are done. I speak from experience having generated quite a few building renderings over the years at my jobs.

• Like 1

Yep, in fact there's a whole thread for that: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27941-Banshee-construction-time-lapse/

I'm also on facebook. Look in the signiture :)

Are there actually Portable Toilets on the construction site? I mean, there is a park bathroom that is extremely close by, which I'm sure would be much more enjoyable for the construction workers.

When I got to do a winter tour of KI in December 2011, all of the regular guest restrooms had signs above their entrances saying that they were winterized and should not be used.

• Like 2

Are there actually Portable Toilets on the construction site? I mean, there is a park bathroom that is extremely close by, which I'm sure would be much more enjoyable for the construction workers.

When I got to do a winter tour of KI in December 2011, all of the regular guest restrooms had signs above their entrances saying that they were winterized and should not be used.

Just curious, living in Arizona, we do things a bit differently in the winter, but just how do you go about "winterizing" a restroom?