Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

People around here use the words "real snow" loosely. A real snow would consist of over a foot of accumulation to some people, while in the south, everything shuts down for just a dusting. It's interesting how someones take on snow can be so radical compared to another's. Take me for example, I don't consider what we get around her to be " real snow" sure maybe 1 or 2 storms a year we can actually consider it to be "real snow" but go to Minnesota, or any other northern state that gets lots of snow for that matter, and you are in for a rude awakening of what "real snow" is.

......but I digress, what was it we were talking about again? A new Roller Coaster being built? Ah yes. ^_^

• Like 7

Hey, this is Cincinnati we are talking about. Around here, real snow is defined as ANY accumulation on the ground (not necessarily sidewalks) even if it is not a measurable amount (ie a scattered dusting, as shown above). At least, that's my definition. I think official definition is it has to be measurable by the people whose job it is to measure snowfall accumulation :P

Side note, Banshee looks even more pretty in the snow! :)

• Like 6

The only issue with the scream is if it were close to the line, it would be quite annoying while you are waiting. The night they announced it, the scream was not so annoying, but there was great excitement and anticipation. I think as you are the getting ready to hit max speed would be the best place for the scream.

• Like 5

Cincinnati? Here in Cincy, everything is like the butterfly effect. There can be a wreck at 71s in Erlanger, and the traffic will back up on Interstate 471. Add a light mist or dusty snow and forget it. People drive like old grannies on a dry sunny day, but like the Indy pace car as soon as it snows a few inches.

Got to love it!

• Like 7

The only issue with the scream is if it were close to the line, it would be quite annoying while you are waiting. The night they announced it, the scream was not so annoying, but there was great excitement and anticipation. I think as you are the getting ready to hit max speed would be the best place for the scream.

I think your idea is perfect. Right at that moment would be great, plus that's far enough away from the station that it wouldn't get annoying. I hope it happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I would like the scream incorperated somewhere. I honestly think best spot would be lift crest. But seriously when Don reads through here incorperate that into the ride! It'd be a great add

I would love to see the Banshee scream incorporated at the top of the lift hill before the initial drop. I love pre-drop noises/sound fx. I think of it as the mark that signals the ride is about to get crazy. For example, the howl before the initial drop on Legend at Holiday World. I love that kind of stuff.

• Like 7

I broke down and modified my capture script to upload the images to my website. I am uploading every image that I am collecting, but due to space restrictions, I am only able to keep 24 hours worth on my server. Feel free to share these, but you will have to upload them to your own photo sharing site. http://www.davidwaderich.com/hotlink/KI

note: you can use your arrow keys to navigate through the images.

Edit: I changed it to do 3 days

• Like 3