Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

So it has been very quiet on the Banshee construction for a while.

Figure that they have off till end of year? Seems odd but possible.

It's far from quiet around the Banshee construction site. Not all the work being done is visible from the webcam.

Don, I did not mean there was nothing going on. I am aware there is lots including station work and more.

That post was just in the continued construction of track phase.

So when the first half was built, the track lay all over the site and worked well to construct.

Why now for the second half is there a staging area up the hill instead of where the track is being built?

Guest KingsIslandPR

It's far from quiet around the Banshee construction site. Not all the work being done is visible from the webcam.

Don, I did not mean there was nothing going on. I am aware there is lots including station work and more.

So when the first half was built, the track lay all over the site and worked well to construct.

Why now for the second half is there a staging area up the hill instead of where the track is being built?

Columns are around where they'll be going up on the back half of the ride with track pieces are moving into that area just as they did with the first part.

• Like 10

Because construction methods are different for every type of erection vertical ascension. Just because it gets put up one way in one place doesn't mean the same process for another spot. Believe me, construction crews have this planned out. Don't worry Banshee will be built. Doesn't matter when it's done during the off season, just as long as it is for opening day. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Probably a middle school kid.

Seriously, those jokes aren't even remotely funny anymore.

43 & married with a good paying job that's putting my daughter through college.

I was just messing around....guess from now on I'll only post relative information to KI.

Sorry if I offended anybody.

Peace out

• Like 1

You didn't offend me. I was thinking the same thing.

Some people have absolutely no sense of humor.

LOL, OMG and the like are all outdated but I don't call people childish for using them. It annoys me big time but welcome to freedom of speech.

• Like 1

Don, going to do a "copy-and-paste"- you probably don't have the time to sift through pages of comments to actually find where someone asked a question(s)- and a few have tried to answer, just curious. See below:

Don, I have a few curious questions- and maybe this has been asked before, so my apologies if it has been. This is in regards to the former Son of Beast roller coaster; remember him?

1) when was the last time a person rode the coaster? did anyone physically ride it after the last time it was publicly shut down for ride "experience" purposes?

2) when was the last time a coaster train ran the course?

3) when was the decision made to demolish? My guess is late '10.

Just happened to wonder the above. My guess is that the timeline for a coaster from initial concept to first ride is in the 30-36 month range.

Crypt, I will say I value alot of what you post, you do contribute alot to these threads and I value your knowledge on one of my most intriguing flat rides ever...however you really do need to lighten up and relax. If this offended you I'm sorry but still. No way to retaliate with low and stupid jabs like this.

Just relax, it was meant to be funny ( I chucked a bit), but if you didn't find it humerus (see what I did there lol), it's ok, you're not the target market of it.

Just...everybody love everybody ok :D Lets not be like Pointbuzz...lots of bickering over there for whatever reason...maybe they need snickers over there

• Like 14

Guest KingsIslandPR

Don, going to do a "copy-and-paste"- you probably don't have the time to sift through pages of comments to actually find where someone asked a question(s)- and a few have tried to answer, just curious. See below:

Don, I have a few curious questions- and maybe this has been asked before, so my apologies if it has been. This is in regards to the former Son of Beast roller coaster; remember him?

1) when was the last time a person rode the coaster? did anyone physically ride it after the last time it was publicly shut down for ride "experience" purposes? The ride was voluntarily shut down June 16, 2009. Nobody rode after that day.

2) when was the last time a coaster train ran the course? June 16, 2009.

3) when was the decision made to demolish? My guess is late '10. July 27, 2012, after a lengthy evaluation of all alternatives.

Just happened to wonder the above. My guess is that the timeline for a coaster from initial concept to first ride is in the 30-36 month range. Banshee is not a replacement for Son of Beast. We were going to add a major new coaster for 2014 before the decision was made to remove Son of Beast. Banshee only takes up a small part of where Son of Beast once stood (lift hill area).

Son of Beast is in the past. The ride last operated five seasons ago. Time to turn the page!

• Like 28

1) when was the last time a person rode the coaster? did anyone physically ride it after the last time it was publicly shut down for ride "experience" purposes? The ride was voluntarily shut down June 16, 2009. Nobody rode after that day.

2) when was the last time a coaster train ran the course? June 16, 2009.

3) when was the decision made to demolish? My guess is late '10. July 27, 2012, after a lengthy evaluation of all alternatives.

Just happened to wonder the above. My guess is that the timeline for a coaster from initial concept to first ride is in the 30-36 month range. Banshee is not a replacement for Son of Beast. We were going to add a major new coaster for 2014 before the decision was made to remove Son of Beast. Banshee only takes up a small part of where Son of Beast once stood (lift hill area).

Son of Beast is in the past. The ride last operated five seasons ago. Time to turn the page!

I was just curious.

Never had a page to turn- have been a season pass holder for 19 of the past 25 years and I probably rode the coaster twice (once with and without loop).

was just curious, wasn't trying to light a candle for it.

As for coaster timelines- from 'bar-napkin' to first ride, approximately how long in your experience?

43 & married with a good paying job that's putting my daughter through college.

I was just messing around....guess from now on I'll only post relative information to KI.

Sorry if I offended anybody.

Peace out

Crypt, I will say I value alot of what you post, you do contribute alot to these threads and I value your knowledge on one of my most intriguing flat rides ever...however you really do need to lighten up and relax. If this offended you I'm sorry but still. No way to retaliate with low and stupid jabs like this.

Just relax, it was meant to be funny ( I chucked a bit), but if you didn't find it humerus (see what I did there lol), it's ok, you're not the target market of it.

Just...everybody love everybody ok :D Lets not be like Pointbuzz...lots of bickering over there for whatever reason...maybe they need snickers over there

Sorry for being indignant. I guess the offseason and stress have gotten to me! I still don't find the joke funny, but I do retract my statement about MantisMan. Sorry for getting riled up, everyone!
  • Like 8

Its....It's.....BEAUTIFUL!!

Although it is indeed very beautiful, it appears that you just copied the link, which it will continue to update so when it melts we won't be able to see it anymore... :(

To properly showcase it's majesty I would:

1. Right click on webcam that you want to paste

2. click Open Image in new tab (this step isn't always necessary)

3. Then right click on it again

4. Click "Save Image As..."

5. Save it and then upload it to an photo hosting site like Photobucket or Flickr.

6. Then copy the url that is encoded in BB code which looks kind of like this:

[URL=http://notarealsite.com/notarealimg.png.html]
[IMG]http://notarealsite.com/notarealimg.png[/IMG][/URL]

I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere (it probably has) but Kings Island's website officially confirms that the height requirement on Banshee will be 52 inches. This is yet another way Banshee improves upon other inverted roller coasters (which typically have a 54 inch requirement). This news isn't too surprising though, since Gatekeeper, which has the same restraint system, also has a 52 inch requirement for riders.

• Like 4