Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

I dont really think its fair for KI to do this since I do carry a wallet, phone, iPod and souvenir cup and get really annoyed when I try to ride Firehawk and have to pay 2 Dollars just for a ride because you need a locker to store your stuff. That is why I dont ride Firehawk much. I would rather know that my articles and stuff like my money and my mainline of communication that costs a lot is safe when Im riding. Even with cargo shorts I still dont feel safe. Just my opinion but I dont really like that plan with no storage bins which only takes 10 Seconds to actually put your stuff in and go back to the train is great.

• Like 4

Lost my keys on DB a couple of years ago with deep cargo button up pockets. The next day an $250 later I got new keys and headed home to Indy. No matter how hard you try to hold onto things in pockets or zippers there is alway a chance of stuff falling out of your pockets. Especially on a ride that inverts you 7 times. Thats why i dont like the policy. Its either risk losing your keys on a ride or pay money to lock things up everytime you get on it.

I take off all my keys except my car key and attach it to a lanyard. I loop/tie the lanyard around one of the belt loops on my shorts/jeans and the slip the end with the key into one of my pockets. Even if the key slips out, it's still tightly secured with the lanyard tied around my belt loop. I have found this method to be a safe and secure way to carry keys around KI.

That is what I do now. One of my friends gave me a similar idea after I told him my lost keys story. I wish I thought of it before I lost my keys! It seems so simple now! Haha

You would rather put your wallet and cell phone in bin than take a chance it might fall out. I dont trust the general public not to steel my stuff.

I worry about that too but I would take my chances with a ride bin. I havent seen that happen at all when I was their but have heard stories of Soak City items being stolen. Not from rider bins though.

• Like 1

I dont really think its fair for KI to do this since I do carry a wallet, phone, iPod and souvenir cup and get really annoyed when I try to ride Firehawk and have to pay 2 Dollars just for a ride because you need a locker to store your stuff. That is why I dont ride Firehawk much. I would rather know that my articles and stuff like my money and my mainline of communication that costs a lot is safe when Im riding. Even with cargo shorts I still dont feel safe. Just my opinion but I dont really like that plan with no storage bins which only takes 10 Seconds to actually put your stuff in and go back to the train is great.

So you don't want to pay $2 to store $500+ worth of loose articles? Your iPod, phone, and wallet are probably safer in your pocket (or a locker) than in the bins in ride stations.
  • Like 5

Not that I'm riding Banshee next year...

But Action Zone is only about a two to three minute walk from the entrance, most parking maybe 4-5 minutes or so from the entrance, maybe 10 tops. I could tolerate spending 15 minutes both ways to put stuff in my car.

Or just split up and have a non rider hold onto stuff..

I like bins for the luxury of emptying all my pockets prior to riding, but if they restrict them, just place don't bring it in.

• Like 2

The only problem we have is with Katie's glasses. We are likely going to get her contacts. Problem solved.

I make sure I have pockets. I will sometimes take safety pins to secure my pockets better.

I occasionally carry a small thin purse. It is big enough to fit my phone in it, ID and cash. It's a little padded to protect my screen. I have only been asked one time to remove it on any ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm baffled by people on KI's Facebook!

They updated the Cover Photo of the track out of the Batwing element heading to the 2nd vertical loop and people swear the ride is from Cedar Point or they're taking it down already!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152476059428368&set=a.10150821122978368.513320.155893938367&type=1&theater

• Like 10

Please secure your loose articles. I've had the pleasure (?) of having a cell phone crashing within feet of me on two occasions. Once while sitting on the wall near Invertigo's entrance when the train scooped into the cobra roll on it's return trip (the phone hit within inches of the fence shattering the phone and spewing pieces into the crowd...incidentally no one was hurt.) The second time, while waiting for my turn on Delirium, on the final flyby, a cell phone slammed the metal platform with a tremendous bang. The riders instantly went quiet because it sounded as if the ride was coming apart. There was nothing but a spot of metallic gray IPod left on the platform after the phone was destroyed. No one was hurt, but one rider was shaken up enough to create a "medical cleanup" in the seat of seat 22.

The first dive loop of Banshee is where? Right over the midway...I'm certain this is why they prefer no loose items. Any guess to where lockers might pop up? I'm guessing there will be lockers somewhere near the restrooms....or somewhere near the On Location gift shop.

• Like 3

I HIGHLY recommend Croakies brand glasses retaining straps. Glasses provide eye protection that contacts cannot.

Also, I am told the wind quickly dries out contacts, making them very uncomfortable.

How hard is it to put on the straps? I was looking on their website and think that might be a good option for both of us. I wear contacts while at any amusement park and they do dry out on occasion especially when riding coasters.

• Like 1

The problem with loose articles is that no matter how much or little the locker costs, you still won't get everyone using them nor will every guest be aware of them. In my experiences with ride operations as an associate, supervisor and manager - a lack of loose article bins does little or nothing to speed up the ride times. Every season, we'd have the same debate about Firehawk - trying to find some kind of alternative or solution to allowing guests the option to store loose articles in the station, no one could ever agree.

It's tough asking the 16 y.o. kids working for you to have an unpleasant conversation telling guests "you can't bring your bags past this point," day in and day out. Not to mention, if your associates are distracted by a height check or guest question, guests with bags can and will slip by.

I completely agree, if there is going to be a policy then it has to be enforced 100%. I have sat in front of Firehawk telling people they can't bring their stuff and the moment you are trying to explain it to one group of guests another flies right past you. Then the issue becomes chase them down and let the next group of 5 get though or let them go and hope for the best.

It may be tough on staffing but I don't think two greeters is such a bad idea.

I HIGHLY recommend Croakies brand glasses retaining straps. Glasses provide eye protection that contacts cannot.

Also, I am told the wind quickly dries out contacts, making them very uncomfortable.

How hard is it to put on the straps? I was looking on their website and think that might be a good option for both of us. I wear contacts while at any amusement park and they do dry out on occasion especially when riding coasters.

They just slide right over the temples. Easier than tying a shoe!

• Like 4

They updated the Cover Photo of the track out of the Batwing element heading to the 2nd vertical loop and people swear the ride is from Cedar Point or they're taking it down already!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152476059428368&set=a.10150821122978368.513320.155893938367&type=1&theater

Reading these comments, just makes my day better. One of the comments says "I thought it was already built.. so what happen? Did it break?" :lol::lol:

• Like 10

Reading these comments, just makes my day better. One of the comments says "I thought it was already built.. so what happen? Did it break?" :lol::lol:

out of 24 people that shared that photo, I wonder how many shared it because they thought it was being taken down. One of the people that shared it said "I remember when the coaster "The Beast" was a big deal. Wonder if its still in operation?"

• Like 7

I use Acuvue Moist contacts and they have never dried out. Maybe your daughter should try those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

• Like 4

Mine don't typically dry out. Clarity H2O brand here. But I also usually wear sunglasses bc I have sensitive eyes

• Like 1

I have glass and contacts. Usually wear the contacts as it is less hassle but do dry out sometimes or shift. When I wear my glasses I just take them off on coasters or big rides like Delirium and hold them in of my hands. Basically fold them and wrap a hand around the sides. have never had an issue with the even slipping a bit. Can still grip a safety ar if you want this way too.

I know I'm going back to an older point of discussion, but I have a double approach to securing loose articles. I have cargo shorts with a flap over the pocket. I typically wear these, and reinforce the velcro with a Safety Pin. like Cedar Fair, I like redundancy in my fastening systems.

If it is too cold for my cargo shorts, or they are in the laundry, etc, I have a small waterproof tackle box. It will hold my wallet and cell phone and fit nice and snug in my jeans pockets (snug to the point where INTENTIONALLY removing it is very, very difficult). Keys are ALWAYS attached to a carabiner clip on my belt loop (though people behind me on Diamondback are CONSTANTLY trying to inform me that my keys are falling out of my pockets). As an added bonus, the tackle box works well for the water park. Fits nicely in the pockets in my swim trunks, and has never allowed even a drop of water to touch the things inside it.

Swim trunks with large pockets, the single biggest perk to having been born with a Y Chromosome!

• Like 7

That brings up a whole other question. At Diamondback, shoes are required to ride. Will shoes be required to ride Banshee? If not, where will guests store their shoes (especially all the open toe shoes that are so prevalent these days in the warmer months.

You will find very few rides that you don't have to wear shoes on. Banshee will have a shoe policy I can guarantee that. As for a situation when you would have to evacuate down the lift hill- ouch.

• Like 2