Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

(In reply to Tuskin) I think so, only because we've never had an full circuit inverted at KI before (and no, Flying Ace doesn't count as it's a family coaster). Some could say the same for Diamondback (the park's first "true" hypercoaster), but we did have a wooden hypercoaster back in the day ;)

When did Kings Island first get a hyper coaster?

• Like 4

Do we, as a cumulative group, think the opening day line for Banshee will be longer than Diamondbacks was?

I don't believe the line will be nearly as long this time around.

Diamondback was the first big-time ride Kings Island received since Son of Beast. Nine long years between "blockbuster" attractions (no Paramount pun intended!). The collective sense that Kings Island was finally installing a people-moving headline attraction after years of mostly low-capacity installs. It was also (and still is) the tallest and fastest coaster Kings Island has installed. I really don't think that the importance of Diamondback's height can be overstated as far as the buzz it created on its opening day. Diamondback checked a ton of the "what Kings Island really needs" boxes and re-established Kings Island as a destination park.

The other thing to consider is that the weather on Diamondback's opening day was nearly perfect. It was a bit cool early in the morning but the sun was out in full measure. If we have weather similar to Diamondback's opening day it's possible that we get a similar crowd, but to me Diamondback's opening day was the perfect storm.

The best thing about Banshee is that it's a B&M. Opening day lines will be what they will be, but it's infinitely more important to have a coaster that is reliable and has high throughput ALL the time. It's going to be so nice to have another re-rideable coaster that has fast-moving lines!

• Like 2

I agree with terp. I also don't think people had a list of things Ki was missing an that's why diamond back was a big hit. I think the wait for a first year ride will be long! No matter the coaster. I'm old enough to remember first year rides on top gun, Flight of Fear, Diamondback, Adventure Express, crypt, backlot...

Not one of those had a first year line less than 2-3 hours. Not to mention around Top gun time Vortex could still line up deep on the midway, beast was back to the Eiffel Tower (almost) and The Racer had both sets of turnstiles open!

Most people in the KI vicinity will hear "Ki got a new ride, I have not been in almost 5 years we should go down there"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

How do you figure? Wasn't Son of Beast more so trying to emulate steel with it's inversion and size?

If that is the case, Gemini is trying to emulate wood with it's steel track and layout.

The loop on SOB had a steel supporting structure, however, the rails were traditional wooden coaster rails. Therefore, WOODEN HYPER COASTER W/ LOOP

• Like 10

How do you figure? Wasn't Son of Beast more so trying to emulate steel with it's inversion and size?

If that is the case, Gemini is trying to emulate wood with it's steel track and layout.

The loop on SOB had a steel supporting structure, however, the rails were traditional wooden coaster rails. Therefore, WOODEN HYPER COASTER W/ LOOP

I'm excited for SoB all over again!

• Like 3

What is frustrating is waiting for people to place their hat, sunglasses, stuffed animal, basketball, and backpack in the bin before they sit down and buckle in.

If it cannot be secured to my person I do not carry it in the park or on the ride. Then again some folks approach KI as if they were visiting Disney and pack everything but the kitchen sink for the day.

The waterpark side is part of that-

I don't carry anything extraneous anymore.

• Like 2