Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

It's hard to believe how close they are to completing track installation. I'm actually kind of dreading it because it's going to drive me nuts seeing a full circuit coaster there on the web cam and not being able to ride it.

I second that notion, but I get just as much enjoyment out of watching the station, landscaping and new theme take effect. Watching Rivertown get a long overdue makeover was my favorite part of the Diamondback construction process. I do miss the trees, however :/ It really will be a treat to watch the transformation of this newly themed area, as it happens very rarely.

• Like 7

It's hard to believe how close they are to completing track installation. I'm actually kind of dreading it because it's going to drive me nuts seeing a full circuit coaster there on the web cam and not being able to ride it.

In all honesty, I'm truly frightened of big things. They don't have to be living, just big. I'm scared to death of decommissioned B-52s. I have yet to walk through the Dinos Alive due to that really big dino at the end. This probably explains why I want to see a killer whale.

I edit all my giant monster movies so there's no humans in it, just Giant Monsters. Believe me, the new "War of the Worlds" is better my way.

I've been watching the construction of this, and am now realizing the size of it, the size of the loops. and I'm going to get vertigo just looking at it.

When this goes full circuit, I'm sure I'm going to stare at the camera for ten minutes, reconcile myself to the fear , then I'll want to jump in line and get this over with. I'll probably love it once I get over the "big" fear factor, but it's intimidating for me to see how small the workers are compared to the size of those loops.

• Like 5

✓ - Station/maint. track

✓ - Lift hill

✓ - Dive loop

✓ - Vertical loop

✓ - Zero-G Roll

✓ - Batwing

- Vertical loop

- Banked turn

- Heartline roll

- Helix? (not sure what to call that)

✓ - Final brake run

• Like 7

Son of Beast talk has made its way back into this topic .... again. -_-

Yeah, Son of Beast talk has returned because like it or not it was a ride at Kings Island just like King Cobra, Bavarian Beetle among other rides that are no longer at the park. They are part of the parks history. I understand that this is a topic about Banshee..just saying. ;)

• Like 5

I'm really liking the new webcam angle, it shows everything in a completely different perspective. We get to see the work being done in a more "up-close and personal" view.

---A special thanks to Don and the Kings Island staff, for doing all the somewhat unnecessary things to keep some of us enthusiasts informed, and to keep the public informed and updated about the park/Banshee in the off-season. It is appreciated!

• Like 16