Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Your last sentence? I submit Banshee certainly would have been possible without Raptor. It might have even happened in 1995. Not the same Banshee, as it would have been 1995 technology, but...

The media attention that Batman and Nemesis received paled in comparison to the media attention Raptor was getting. Cedar Point was coming off of 2 world record breaking coasters with Magnum and Mean Streak. The coaster world was locked on Cedar to see what was next. When Raptor was revealed, there were tv commercials, bill boards, and even previews in theaters showcasing Raptor all over this region. I know this because i remember seeing them. I don't remember seeing or hearing very much about Batman or Nemesis.

All of this coverage that Raptor received sparked momentum compared to that of Nemesis and Batman, much more in fact. Therefore,helping to create more additions of inverts world wide. Yes, somebody could and probably would have built another Raptor esque invert first somewhere else, and i would be referencing that, but be that as it may, Raptor was that invert. All of the media attention, close proximity to Kings Island, and record breaking statistics in my humble, but strong opinion, enabled Raptor to certainly help in big way prompt the consensus of Kings Island customers to request an invert.

kind of glad Kings Island wasnt able to build an invert back then because it wouldve probably been a batman clone or a very small invert. now that b&m inverts have been progressively growing in height and gaining new elements over the years, Banshee is now what it is and looks beautiful. but until i ride it, alpengheist will remain my fav invert mainly due to its height and loops. :P

• Like 8

I will say that when I went to BGW that I was most hyped about Alpengeist. However, after riding it I was slightly let down. It wasn't that I didn't enjoy it, because I really did, it just didn't blow me away. However, Apollo's Chariot... That's a different story!! Whew!! Somebody call my mama!!

it's probably my fav becuase i've only been on 2 other b&m inverts and those were afterburn at carowinds and then raptor. both were great and raptor i havent been on since 2006 and that was just one time with the huge line for it but i liked it a lot. and then i rode afteburn last in 2010 but i lived in NC for a year so i got a season pass and rode it like crazy so it's still fresh in my mind.

I may be the only one hoping for Banshee to be forceful but not too forceful. Batman is just too much for me. You get flung around from one element to the next with nothing in between. I am not a fan of Raptor either. I am probably just getting too old :) I am sincerely hoping that Banshee is something I will want to ride every trip and not only once to say I did it.

• Like 5

it's probably my fav becuase i've only been on 2 other b&m inverts and those were afterburn at carowinds and then raptor. both were great and raptor i havent been on since 2006 and that was just one time with the huge line for it but i liked it a lot. and then i rode afteburn last in 2010 but i lived in NC for a year so i got a season pass and rode it like crazy so it's still fresh in my mind.

A. Trademarks in the above post are the properties of their respective holders. The post is that of the writer.

B. Afterburn, in particular, is an incredible B&M coaster. Loving it is nothing to be ashamed of.

• Like 5

I tell you what, i really liked Montu and Busch Gardens Tampa. It was fast, smooth, and forceful but not too forceful to where it was uncomfortable. Im hoping that since Banshee will be B&M's newest invert (obviously) that it would be much smoother and comfortable than a lot of the older inverts.

• Like 9

I tell you what, i really liked Montu and Busch Gardens Tampa. It was fast, smooth, and forceful but not too forceful to where it was uncomfortable. Im hoping that since Banshee will be B&M's newest invert (obviously) that it would be much smoother and comfortable than a lot of the older inverts.

I also like Montu's theme. In fact when the ride first opened, real live crocodiles were placed in a pool under the train as it left the station. Talk about excitement before the lift hill!

• Like 10

For some perspective....look below the vertical loop and slightly to the left....that little orange/red strip is a construction worker...

WOW THIS THING IS HUGE!!!

Haha! .... And... He rubs it in.

For some reason, that batzel brings the size of the ride home, doesn't it? I know the expression on my face during my first ride is going to be like Faye Dunaway being Joan Crawford.

Is this how you anticipate you will look on your first ride?

faye+dunaway.jpg

Or this?

joan-25875.jpg

• Like 9

Usually my Big Fear face is like when she opened her mouth wide, but tried to keep the middle of her lips together-

Think of a figure eight.

And I don't know why.

My first ride on Invertigo, my cousin couldn't stop laughing- and that's why. He was sitting across from me.

• Like 4