Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Stayed at GWL over the weekend and was able to observe the construction from 4th floor south. Couple of observations:

- Thunder Run (though it was renamed before it ever opened)/Top Gun/Flight Deck/The Bat looks great (for the first time in a WHILE)... looks brand new... well almost. (what is the record for number of identities a coaster/ride has been renamed to?

- Banshee looks pretty impressive- can't wait to ride.

- doesn't look like there's any "re-theme" activity going on in Action Zone

- off-topic, it appears that Kings Island still has ALL the parking lot trams still just parked in the field. If you're never going to use them again (and I can't imagine that they ever will)- why keep them?

• Like 5

- off-topic, it appears that Kings Island still has ALL the parking lot trams still just parked in the field. If you're never going to use them again (and I can't imagine that they ever will)- why keep them?

They're going to give 'em away free with entry. It'll sorta be like Free Bobblehead Day at Reds Stadium. :D

• Like 7

It looks like it might be burlap or some sort of fabric.  I imagine the covering is being caused by the wind, and is nothing intentional.

im guessing the same thing. I do remember a black tarp being attached to the SOB station (if thats where the cam is mounted) and wind could be causing it to block the cam at the moment the image is updated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Stayed at GWL over the weekend and was able to observe the construction from 4th floor south. Couple of observations:

- Thunder Run (though it was renamed before it ever opened)/Top Gun/Flight Deck/The Bat looks great (for the first time in a WHILE)... looks brand new... well almost. (what is the record for number of identities a coaster/ride has been renamed to?

- Banshee looks pretty impressive- can't wait to ride.

- doesn't look like there's any "re-theme" activity going on in Action Zone

If there is a retheming that's going to occur, I imagine it will be painting mostly, and so they would probably wait a bit longer for the weather to get a bit better. The only other thing they would have to really do for a rethemed is new signage, which they could be doing in secret, and maybe remove the awful AZ circle.

• Like 2

The webcam's uncovered again. I'm sure the only real cover up going on before us was just a literal one, perhaps even an unintentional one.

Bigfoot's probably more likely to pass before that camera than some secretive thing we're not supposed to see yet. Because, honestly, there's nothing you can see with that angle beyond what you're supposed to see, which is what you're there to see, and that's the coaster being built. All that's behind it is grass, trees, and parts of the coaster that have yet to be installed. We already know what the coaster's going to look like. So there's no surprises there. In fact, there's not really a whole lot of surprises I can think of that could go in front of that camera without the powers that be going far out of their way to put it there, then hide it from us.

No, the other angle would be the one hide secrets from, but that's just my two cents.

Well what I was hoping to see was just how they go about pulling and stretching and whatnot to get the pieces that are up aligned with the ones going in....specifically on that last piece of track they just installed. But the cam was covered during that exact time and then uncovered just as that part of it was done.... coincidence? Maybe...but I guess I should just be happy that we have another cam to view period...so I will quit complaining.

• Like 4