Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Adventure Express doesn't have a huge lift hill, nor a steep drop. There are no inversions and practically no air time (perhaps literally no air time?). So there for, for the person who has learned to brave the big, inverting coasters of KI, its "boring"

However, it provides the best laterals in the park, has pretty decent speed for its size and is well themed. Its a great "break 'em in" coaster for kids who have just hit the 48" mark and aren't brave enough to get on The Beast, Racer or Vortex. Lines are generally short and if there is someone in the group that is not interested in coasters, there are two great sitting areas by the entrance/exit. The Bier garden and the benches by the waiting area watching people attempt the ladder climb both make good people watching spots. I'd argue its the most family friendly coaster in the park outside of Planet Snoopy (perhaps even counting Planet Snoopy).

If you're expecting something similar to The Beast, Diamondback or The Racer you're going to be dissapointed, but that is not what the ride is suppose to be. Its a nice change of pace to the towering coasters spread thru out the park and offers a nice alternative within the coaster lineup at KI.

• Like 15

Could someone post a pic with the location of the new cam circled? I am really curious to see just where it is.

I don't know how to post the picture, but if you look b/w the vertical loop around the lift hill and the bottom of the lift hill, you'll see a building in the background that almost looks like it could be the loading station for The Bat (its an optical illusion based upon the angle of the camera) You can't really tell now w/ the snow, but there is a multi-colored roof over the building (I think there is some red, blue & white, but can't recall for sure), that is the old station for Son of Beast and now the home of Wolfpack, which is only open for the Haunt. That is where some claim the camera to be (and it makes sense based upon what its showing)

• Like 1

I haven't viewed the new camera yet.... I guess I should go do that? I've viewed the regular camera so many times I have the link memorized, which is very very handy when you're using the slow computers in the break rooms at work! Banshee looks so pretty in the snow :)

• Like 2

I was wanting to post a picture but I'm not sure how to post it on here as I can't find the insert or upload attachment? Am I missing it somewhere?

What most of us do is post it on a third party site (like photo bucket) and just copy and paste the IMG code into the reply. Works like a charm every time.

• Like 5

is it just me or is there a support missing from the picture Davidw posts everyday? Shouldn't there be another support after this one? Because in the picture you can see the piece of track that is straight and starts the in line twist but no support. And it looks like a pretty big piece of track Just curious

Ok in that last wonderful pic that was posted. Would the new camera possibly be in about that area of the building in the background on the right, in approximately the location of where the orange manlift bucket is? (I hope I wasn't to confusing in that description). haha

• Like 2

Ok in that last wonderful pic that was posted. Would the new camera possibly be in about that area of the building in the background on the right, in approximately the location of where the orange manlift bucket is? (I hope I wasn't to confusing in that description). haha

The new camera is in the Wolf Pack haunted attraction aka the old Son of Beast Station.

• Like 2

I have really enjoyed watching the construction of Banshee. I believe KI and its team have done a fantastic job on the layout, the background of the ride, promoting it, etc. Banshee looks extremely promising and can not wait to ride it soon!

(1st post!)

• Like 11