Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

oh I know davidw is very expeditious on his work...GREATLY appreciated and admired by myself. I just recall he posted something to the effect that he lost several hours one day....I hope that didn't cause him to much headache.

AND THE NEXT SUPPORT IS UP! yippe

just use the edit thing....haha...thanks. :)

• Like 4

I know many have requested a re-positioning of the "new" cam. My assumption has always been that the close up cam in that area wasn't put in for the constrution of the coaster (though it was an added bonus) but rather for the construction of the theming back in that area. That spot would support a "graveyard type" setting as you swoop out of the Batzel and vertical loop and into the end of the ride. At least that is my hope, seems like a good spot for a handful of grave markers, perhaps some fog effects as well.

• Like 4

On that note, I would also really like to see more gravestones at the front of the ride, near the plaza area. That way you don't have to be on the ride to notice it's articles of theming.

Uhhh, you do know this is a Cedar Fair park we are talking about, right?

• Like 1

On that note, I would also really like to see more gravestones at the front of the ride, near the plaza area. That way you don't have to be on the ride to notice it's articles of theming.

Sorry... just thinking out loud (or typing in this case).

• Like 1

Sorry... just thinking out loud (or typing in this case).

Trust me, I love theming, (see my latter rants of BB/SC) but CF is not the kind of theme giant you are expecting. See Paramount Parks vs Cedar Fair

Uhhh, you do know that Cedar Fair is under new management and has undergone an obvious shift in philosophy, right?

• Like 10

Uhhh, you do know that Cedar Fair is under new management and has undergone an obvious shift in philosophy, right?

Yes, and some old philosophies can stick around you know.

As pointed out above, they have new management and perhaps a new style. I don't think anyone is hoping/asking for theming that is over the top Disney style, but some simple grave markers (which they could "borrow" from the haunt at no cost) and what not within the que, near the entrance and mixed into a handful of points on the ride where the train swoops close to the ground could go a long way. Meanwhile, over at The Bat, all they would have to do is transform the facade around the bridge that you pass under while walking to the ride to resemble a Cave in some nature and you'd make a lot of people happy.

Time will tell, but so far in Matt O's tenure, it certainly feels like more attention is being paid to the "small" things in the park, not just building the biggest rides money can buy each season.

• Like 8

I was just thinking, Adventure Express looks like it's going to lose a bit of its "through the wood" type feeling. That's a little sad. I mean I know that Son of Beast used to be right there... but it was wooden and therefore blended in better with the trees. Oh well I will still love Adventure Express

• Like 8

As stated earlier, please make use of the edit function instead of making a new post directly below your last post, double posting goes against the TOS you agreed to when joining and if you don't follow them, a moderator will take action.

• Like 2