Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Ok, I believe this is a keyboard code! @ = the number 2 on the keyboard. If you go 2 letters into the alphabet that would make @ stand for the letter "B" so.... @ = 2 which = "B", ! = 1 which = "A", !$ = 14 which = "N", !( = 19 which = "S" , * = 8 which = "H", % = 5 which = "E" and % =5 which = "E" This "code" spells out the name Banshee. Hmm...this name was going to be given to Mantis when it first opened but was not used due to people complaining about it being offensive. Is the name making a reappearance? I think so! :)

- Connor

Saturday, July 14, 2012 at 12:31 PM

-I discovered this while just browsing the On Point Blog for Gatekeeper teasers. Very interesting.

EDIT- I had to read through it a couple times to understand it. The title of the blog post was @!!$!(*%%

I remember seeing this blog post. I even remember scrolling through Point Buzz to find an interpretation of it. I wonder if Tony pulled it out of the blue to just move Gatekeeper speculation along or if he knew of Banshee at the time?

• Like 1

OK, you lost me on that one.

WOW, the footer of that carousel has 6 of those big blue tube supports all crammed into one rectangular footer. That's a tight fit. Wish we had a closer pic of that.

I took a pic of it during the KIC tour at the end of the season, I was wondering what it was for until I looked at the rendering that night, it's massive when you're standing near it.

1236580_10202021726773284_1238532298_n.j

Panorama of the footers at the bottom

1185844_10202021727373299_1402795272_n.j

• Like 5

WOW! Carousel is really going up quick, isn't it? Has anyone noticed if the free standing wall that hugs the stairs that go into the station been put up yet?

Keep in mind that what was depicted in the rendering may not actually be what gets built. Often the renderings are done prior to the finalized design taking place. So what I`m saying is that there maybe a wall built by the stairs, and there might not, if things necessitated the change in the design from the time the rendering was completed. How is that for a cryptic answer. ;)

• Like 8

Here's my prediction, Action Zone is getting rethemed. I've said this before but they're going to probably paint Skyflyer, Delirium and Drop Tower, I think they would only really need to rename Slyflyer for it to fit in. Some paint and new signs and the area would easily transition into a spooky theme.. Something that would fit in with the park better.

*Edit*. These are things I think, not that I know.

I hope they don't retheme Action Zone. That section is Paramount to my enjoyment of the park.

In all seriousness, I don't care in the slightest what they do to Action Zone themewise, as long as we get some overall TLC (and they've done well with that so far). If it looks nice, they can call it Princess and Fairy Land for all I care.

• Like 10

Here's my prediction, Action Zone is getting rethemed. I've said this before but they're going to probably paint Skyflyer, Delirium and Drop Tower, I think they would only really need to rename Slyflyer for it to fit in. Some paint and new signs and the area would easily transition into a spooky theme.. Something that would fit in with the park better.

*Edit*. These are things I think, not that I know.

I have no idea if they'll repaint Skyflyer, but it I believe it needs a paint job more than any other attraction I saw in the park last season. Lots and lots of rust spots showing up on that thing, and would be an eyesore next to the beautiful job they've done on Banshee and while walking back to The Bat. I don't know if you can just take a lift and some spray paint or if it involves something more complex, but it definently needs to be freshened up.

Didn't realize how rough the conditions were until I went outside to shovel lol. I know how hard it must be though because my dad works for Kokosing (I was praying he'd get to work on Banshee) And in response to Adventuro, check out the Action Zone Retheme thread about all that. A lot of great ideas there.

• Like 5