Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

holy cow!!!! that's serious progress!!! By the way, in response to whomever asked when the shadows would be installed, it looks like they've installed numerous shadows today as well!!! :P

wcbpys.jpg

• Like 13

Assuming decent working weather conditions, they could be done laying out track by the end of this week. Doesn't look like we'll have ideal working conditions, at least early morning over the next couple of weeks, but they've worked in worse, so we shall see. Thanks for all of your updates davidw, they really add to the construction progress and understanding what they've been doing.

• Like 4

I have been in the construction/design business a long time...and it still amazes me how precise the surveyors and concrete guys get their part done so that all those numerous one-of-a-kind support and track pieces in such complex shapes on a varying grade all fit just right.....absolute teamwork and flat out know how and experience to pull that off....KUDOS to the entire construction crew.

• Like 17

Looks like all that's left is the approach to the final brake run. I also noticed there are no pieces left in the hold area......it will be interesting to see them fit that very last piece in.

I saw the final supports being delivered on the webcam. I think all the pieces have been delivered.

• Like 3

Looks like all that's left is the approach to the final brake run. I also noticed there are no pieces left in the hold area......it will be interesting to see them fit that very last piece in.

I saw the final supports being delivered on the webcam. I think all the pieces have been delivered.

YAY FINALLY! April is slowly arriving. And unless they start showing more re-theming in the Action Zone it's going to arrive even slower!

• Like 3

hSdw0AN.jpg

Latest photo from Don Helbig @KingsIslandPR

oh wow.... that is an amazing photo!!! Very very nice view of the batwing! :) (yes, I said batwing even though I will probably always regard it as a pretzel loop :P)

• Like 4

Does anyone else fell like that inline should be through that vertical loop, ala keyhole element?

Yes I did fell like that, then picked myself up and dusted myself off and decided to feel different. LOL

Yep, I knew the "grammar police" would not be able to resist commenting on that.

No grammar police here, not by a long shot! Just had this vision of falling while reading that and couldn't resist. All in good fun, no ill will intended.

I don't know why they would bother to move or cover the camera when redoing Action Zone in 2014 when they didn't bother to move or cover the camera when redoing Rivertown in 2009. But maybe that's just me; I also didn't see any conspiracy in the new Banshee camera being covered by Haunt decorations when the wind blew.

• Like 3