Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

I don't know why they would bother to move or cover the camera when redoing Action Zone in 2014 when they didn't bother to move or cover the camera when redoing Rivertown in 2009. But maybe that's just me; I also didn't see any conspiracy in the new Banshee camera being covered by Haunt decorations when the wind blew.

That's because most everyone knew that is was just the Haunt decorations blowing. Plus I don't think they'd intentionally cover that cam unless they were retheming the back of Banshee or something that would never happen. You saw how they so cleverly covered up Action Zone on the new map. Maybe they will just do little things until Banshee is finished, then do the cool stuff to AZ

• Like 1

I don't know why they would bother to move or cover the camera when redoing Action Zone in 2014 when they didn't bother to move or cover the camera when redoing Rivertown in 2009. But maybe that's just me; I also didn't see any conspiracy in the new Banshee camera being covered by Haunt decorations when the wind blew.

Snow joke!

So to speak.

• Like 9

Mod Edit: Please link to photos provided within social media by the park. Do not post them directly in the forum. Thanks!

Is this a request from the park?

It's nice to be able to see media that the park shares via mass communication without having to visit individual Instagram pages, for instance, in order to see them. Including context, such as a low-resolution image or a brief summary of text, often makes conversation easier to follow.

If Kings Island wishes that we only link to their social media pages, it's certainly within their rights to ask this.

• Like 3

Mod Edit: Please link to photos provided within social media by the park. Do not post them directly in the forum. Thanks!

It's nice to be able to see media that the park shares via mass communication without having to visit individual Instagram pages, for instance, in order to see them.

Yes. They asked for it.
  • Like 1

The park has asked we link to its pictures, and not repost them here. The viewer here should have to go to a linked Kings Island source to view park photography. Put another way, they have requested that we not embed their photography here.

Apparently, intellectual property like photography, trademarked ride names, etc., is important to the park.

There are reasons we do what we do here. Yesterday, that was mocked by some. Today, there are consequences.

• Like 13

Apparently, intellectual property like photography, trademarked ride names, etc., is important to the park.

There are reasons we do what we do here. Yesterday, that was mocked by some. Today, there are consequences.

I feel like there has been much more importance on getting names, capitalizations, copyrights, etc correct over the past few weeks or months. And I'm really curious as to why...

I've always been curious and nosy about things that don't pertain to me :D

• Like 3

Yes. They asked for it.

Sorry guys, I'll start posting a link instead of of putting the photos directly into the forums. My bad.

...On another note....

I do appreciate you letting me know about this, BoddaH1994, so, Thanks!

• Like 2

And, I can't do this by myself. We tried to keep this low key. That didn't work when several users yesterday decided this was of no importance to them.

We need your help. When you see that a park ride name is not capitalized, or a photo from the park is embedded here instead of only a link, or a registered trademark, especially of a park sponsor, is not capitalized, please point it out to the user. Here. Not a PM. Don't report it. That's what we need.

And repeat offenders, like a couple yesterday, won't be here any more, like a couple yesterday.

You are right. I shouldn't have to do this all the time. Or alone.

A good park relationship is important to us.

April 17 seems to be important to many of you.

Let's not lose it, or KIC, to something so easy for us and so important to parks and companies.

I'd like to never post about this again.

With your help, perhaps I won't have to.

Quick examples:

Beast ... not beast

Coke ... not Coke

Link to KI photo .... Not KI photo posted with or without link and credit

Kings Island ... not Kings Island

Six Flags ... not six flags

Don Helbig ... not don Helbig

Thanks for your help! We can do this...together.

• Like 23

Is Don a trademark or copyright? :P

Now I can understand if they want the links, that's fine I can see why no issues. My question is, is there a way for us to have media posted here, even if by Don, like other pages have. See CP Rundown's page yesterday with a picture of the station, ect.

My biggest thing about posting images, ect. here is almost 3/4 of my day I'm on a .mil network and I don't have access to certain websites, such as instagram, ect. I'd love to discuss things here and see them as I spend my time on here doing that already.

So moving forward for now, links, yes, understandable. However, can we reach an agreement to post KI related material ILO links?

• Like 2

^^Does this apply to webcam captures and construction progress renderings as well?

On a different track, at the rate the construction crew moved yesterday, I can't imagine they won't complete the course today. They already have the first support up.

• Like 1

The reason it looks dug into, is that they are removing the concrete paving. That is typically 4-5" in thickness. They may also be removing the subsurface that the concrete sat on (typically gravel), in order to prepare for the new pavement, whatever that may be. And the webcam is so far away, that one cannot tell how deep they are digging anyway.

• Like 4