Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Some on this site may not think it is a big deal but as Terpy has pointed out numerous times, brands do care how their products are spelled and the proper terminology is being used (Batwing versus Pretzel, for example).

And to elaborate on what Don said, part of legally enforcing your trademarks is using them in the correct context. It's not just about stopping businesses from improperly displaying your trademarks. If you don't enforce the usage, there is a risk they can fall into the public domain. Some of the older members may recall what happened to Xerox back when copying became commonplace. The company was at serious risk of losing its trademarks so it undertook an aggressive campaign to prevent that. As the saying goes an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

• Like 8

As long as we're on the subject of spelling and punctuation, here are some misused words I see on various online/social sites, including this one: To, Too, Two and There, Their, They're

To: Used for expressing motion or direction toward a point, person, place, or thing approached and reached

Too: In addition; also; furthermore

Two: The number 2

And more misused words:

There: In or at a place

Their: A form of the possessive case of they

They're: Contraction of "They are"

Source: Dictionary.com

• Like 6

In my high school English class, the teacher had 3 students come to the chalkboard to write out a sentence she was going to verbally say to us. It was; "There are three 2's in the English language." Well, of course this was a trick she was playing on us because there is no proper way of using just one word to represent to, too and two. I gave it my best shot which was; "There are three (to, too, two)'s in the English language." Any of your grammar gurus have the correct way of writing that out? It will be interesting to see the responses on this one.

• Like 3

Let me write Mrs. Wright right now and find out for you.

Edit: I'd change the wording to read: "There are two homophones of the word "to" in the English language. They are "too" and "two."

Driving by Kings Island, it's too awesome to see its two newest B&Ms, Diamondback and Banshee, anchoring the park's southeast and northwest wings!

Man! The edits I had to just do...

• Like 7

Sometimes, it's necessary to go off in tangents to put emphasis on a point. As is the case here, when we are talking about trademarks, capitalization of name brands and or companies, and the improper placement of each.

edited for a spelling error.

Not to be off-topic, but I will assume some blame for the off-punctuation and random un-capitalized intellectual property. Not really paying attention to the TOS, I usually tend to these things because it irritates me when others don't. Also not a big fan of: LOL, LMOA, etc... I feel in our social media age those expressions lessen one's IQ rating. That being said, I generally don't go back and proof-read my posts for absolute accuracy like I would an "essay" or business proposal.

In support of the TOS, though, being very rigid does lend credibility to KIC for not allowing the "anything goes" mentality that some sites have; to which also do not share "favored" status with the park. Because of this- KI does enjoy the benefit of free advertising through this site by generating a "buzz" for new attractions, which is exactly the purpose of this medium.

• Like 2

As I look at the different elements of Banshee, I can actually start to imagine what the forces are going to feel like. I usually smile big, then laugh from the awesomeness of a good coaster experience (and from listening to how others react -- especially new riders), and I look forward to what Banshee is going to provide.

• Like 5

Its impossible for me to tell from the webcam, and I haven't been following the live stream to know exactly where they're building, but it almost looks like they've got all of the supports up, and just need to install the last 2-3 pieces of track to get to the brake run. I've been wrong before on figuring out what exactly is going on, and this is even harder to tell w/ all that steel in place, and one support/track blending in with the supports/track behind it. Either way, weather and schedule depending, looks like they could be done tomorrow.

• Like 6

I just looked at the large live feed, and then back to the overall ride rendering and back again. Probably did that 5 or 6 times trying to see just what is left to erect. I am guessing 3 supports and 3 or 4 pieces of track. Davidw, good luck with your daily colored update.

@malem, you are probably right, didn't think about it that way.