Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Some on this site may not think it is a big deal but as Terpy has pointed out numerous times, brands do care how their products are spelled and the proper terminology is being used (Batwing versus Pretzel, for example).

While you may think Terp is being a pest try reading the TOS the first thing is spelling, punctuation, and capitals and by joining this site you agreed to the TOS.

By that logic we need to pay attention to commas. I'll start. Don is missing a comma before "but." I actually wouldn't mind if more people would pitch in on commas. It really helps with school.

Love your dedication to this Davidw. But I think, and I could be wrong, that you have one support and one piece of track to many.

It's hard to tell, but after switching back and forth a few times, I think he has it right. The fact that the rendering is from a similar angle to the webcam really helps.

Some on this site may not think it is a big deal but as Terpy has pointed out numerous times, brands do care how their products are spelled and the proper terminology is being used (Batwing versus Pretzel, for example).

Perfect example:

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2013/04/29/top-4-dinosaur-theme-parks/

That's one of the top four news media outlets in the nation with online readers in the millions misspelling a name while promoting a recent attraction.

In other news, I'm still hoping for "Batwing" chicken wings as a menu item this upcoming season.

Wow. I had to skim through that article a couple of times before actually noticing the error. It's like one of those things where you're so used to seeing something one way that when it's wrong by a letter or two, you can't even notice it.

Sorry for so many quotes. You guys were busy today. I had to play catch up- three pages worth!

• Like 2

Love your dedication to this Davidw. But I think, and I could be wrong, that you have one support and one piece of track to many.

I can never tell on the supports, but I think he has one too many pieces of track for sure, just based on what I saw on the webcam during my lunch break (from 4-4:30pm). Either way, the update is much appreciated, and I'm betting on completion of track and support construction tomorrow :)

• Like 2

Welp.

After trying to install my new foot well LEDs in my car and quitting 1/3 of the way through due to the cold making my fingers numb and tingly, I must say the construction guys deserve some "hot cocoa" for still doing work in this horrid weather; whether weather braving was their choice, or not.

Granted, many, if not all, aren't doing small work that requires they take their gloves off to do it, but even still.. No bueno.

• Like 9

With regards to capitalizing the first letter of the names of rides on a free, public anonymous internet message board, where anyone can sign up and say anything? I'm not buying it.

I don't think anyone on here(or at least I haven't seen anyone) saying its ok to intentionally misspell any copyrights(even though many copyrights are intentional misspellings ironically) I thought the debate about what to call the batwing element as nothing more than discussion, though apparently some others took it more seriously. Now, I see the tower trailer deal as monumentally different situation as that was promoting a competing sponsor. If it was branded the Coke(or even Coke) trailer tower I don't think that reaction would have occurred. If someone was intentionally not capitalizing something repeatedly, sure, say something. But an occasional, accidental non capitalization does not require the forum police to call the poster out. When you factor in that many times people are posting from phones and autocorrect will often change what you typed, its kinda petty to make an issue out of it.

This guy gets it.

• Like 1

That's the thing, the park and CF do care, heed the warnings...

When you see someone step up and basically say cut it out, just cut it out..

I've made a few mistakes that Terp has grabbed me for, however I corrected them and moved on, it's a two second edit. You all will be fine.

Very well said. This doesn't need to be a big deal. It's actually sad people are making it a big deal.

Everyone makes mistakes but legends learn from them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Back on topic.....

I noticed it yesterday, and then again this morning that it looks like they are welding at the support bases. Or more precisely, at one of the bases that can be seen on the newer webcam position.

Is this typical of all bolted support bases?

• Like 1