Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Might not be so hard with a long brake run. But I don't know how that works.

Anyone know what kind of time that they would put the chain on the lift?

I don't know the answer to your second question.

But the long brake run is necessary because it has to support two trains. Keep in mind, Banshee hasn't got an MCBR, so the normal role of the midcourse brake is accounted for in the final brake run.

• Like 7

I'll miss Clifford/Clifford Jr. working around and bending down for pennies. Hoping to see them again for the next construction project.

On a more serious note, I'm glad Kings Island gets construction done at a good pace. It's nice to know they have a lot of time to get everything in place and have it tested before opening day.

I wish certain parks from another chain involving flags would take note...

• Like 10

I'll miss Clifford/Clifford Jr. working around and bending down for pennies. Hoping to see them again for the next construction project.

On a more serious note, I'm glad Kings Island gets construction done at a good pace. It's nice to know they have a lot of time to get everything in place and have it tested before opening day.

I wish certain parks from another chain involving flags would take note...

There is still alot of work to be done even before testing can begin. Track work is probaly the quickest of the phases.

• Like 2

Guest KingsIslandPR

Mod Edit: Please link to photos provided within social media by the park. Do not post them directly in the forum. Thanks!

Is this a request from the park?

It's nice to be able to see media that the park shares via mass communication without having to visit individual Instagram pages, for instance, in order to see them. Including context, such as a low-resolution image or a brief summary of text, often makes conversation easier to follow.

If Kings Island wishes that we only link to their social media pages, it's certainly within their rights to ask this.

To clarify, below is what we are requesting:

You can embed our photos on the forums provided you include the photo credit tag below and link the tag directly to the photo.

Photo: Don Helbig / Kings Island

• Like 20

Mod Edit: Please link to photos provided within social media by the park. Do not post them directly in the forum. Thanks!

Is this a request from the park?

It's nice to be able to see media that the park shares via mass communication without having to visit individual Instagram pages, for instance, in order to see them. Including context, such as a low-resolution image or a brief summary of text, often makes conversation easier to follow.

If Kings Island wishes that we only link to their social media pages, it's certainly within their rights to ask this.

To clarify, below is what we are requesting:

You can embed our photos on the forums provided you include the photo credit tag below and link the tag directly to the photo.

Photo: Don Helbig / Kings Island

Thank you Don for taking time to clarify that for everyone. It is very much appreciated all that you do for us.

• Like 7

I don't mean to sound slightly rude here so please don't view as such Don, but if this is the case ALOT of other forums are posting just the pics on their facebook/forums, I understand why you're doing it but either please enforce it fairly or provide a method everyone can view these. Your page is blocked currently on the networks, the only avenue I can see this is via phone, anywhere else your pages are blocked, or content itself. When pictures were posted here, etc it somewhat circumvented the .mil clearance and I could see it. Plus seeing the pictures in the feed, it's somewhat like a PTR and we can use them and look through them while still in the discussion.

For now we here will abide by the rules as set by CF, again I understand why it's being done. However some of us will not use or can't use/access several platforms your content is posted on. Again as well, other sites are violating this rule as well and this rule doesn't seem to be noticed at all for KI related material, or any CF parks for instance (see CP Rundown, Pointbuzz, etc. I could go on)

• Like 2

^It's what they want. They can't control EVERY site that's out there. But this site, the admins, and Don/the park all have a good relationship (one that many sites don't have with a park). How many PR people actually post on a site for enthusiasts? Not many. Just respect what he's asking; it's nothing complicated. Maybe they'll try to entire rules on other sites, or maybe not. But those sites don't have what we do here.

Also, people are allowed to embed the photos as long as they provide credit and a link, so you can still have your mini PTR. Seems like everything that affects you is okay/works for you

• Like 2

Not to detour from Banshee's birthday, but those of you claiming you can choose to use proper nouns are wrong.

You have no freedoms here. You chose to sign up on a private forum that is not protected by government rights (ie 1st amendment). Anything you say here could be edited or removed at ownership discretion and you could be banned with no reason.

I'm sure the powers that be on this site don't want to alienate their member base so they give you many chances to correct yourselves and learn about why you must do these things. Ultimately the day may come where not using proper capitalization on proper nouns could lead to swift use of the ban buttton, but nobody wants that.

Or something.

• Like 5

the only avenue I can see this is via phone, anywhere else your pages are blocked, or content itself.

Don just said that the content can be embedded as long as both credit and a link back to the original source (park site, Twitter post, page on facebook.com, etc) are also provided.

ALOT of other forums are posting just the pics on their facebook/forums, I understand why you're doing it but either please enforce it fairly or provide a method everyone can view these.

Proper attribution is needed when publishing the content of others in any medium.

This forum ranks particularly high in Google searches related to Kings Island, so misuse of the park's content here could potentially cause them a lot of harm.

EDIT: Here's an example, based on Don's example above:

Kings Island announced on Twitter that the last piece of track on Banshee was installed this morning.

BerN6m-CcAApPwg.jpg

Photo: Don Helbig / Kings Island via Twitter

• Like 17

Might not be so hard with a long brake run. But I don't know how that works.

Anyone know what kind of time that they would put the chain on the lift?

They were preparing to install the chain around December 6th.

I noticed that when I was there with ACE they had chain parts laying on the platform at the bottom of the lift.

I would say that the chain is already installed, as it can be installed at anytime after the lift is completed.

• Like 4