Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

@kat, you take a lunch break at 4pm. Wow, talk about a late lunch.

I believe she works a more non traditional shift. I am thinking she goes in around noon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is correct. I work M-F 12 noon until 8:30pm, could be as late as 10:30pm in cases like Tuesday when we are swamped with work and work overtime. That wasn't fun lol. Breaks are at 2pm, 4pm lunch, and then 6:30pm. If we work 10 hours we get another break at 8:30.

• Like 4

Sorry but I'm really only able to skim at times waiting to admit patients & whatnot. This week is crazy left and right..

Then why were we only allowed to do links for awhile? That was the impression earlier this week, but if we can embed now, please embed. The discussion happens here and things are visible here, it makes sense and works. Plus I don't have an instagram to tweet pics on and stuff, I don't mess with it, plus it doesn't work on base.

This forum is impressive to me that it isn't blocked, other websites are like coastercrew, some random parts of pointbuzz, coasterbuzz entirely, etc.

• Like 5

the only avenue I can see this is via phone, anywhere else your pages are blocked, or content itself.

Don just said that the content can be embedded as long as both credit and a link back to the original source (park site, Twitter post, page on facebook.com, etc) are also provided.

ALOT of other forums are posting just the pics on their facebook/forums, I understand why you're doing it but either please enforce it fairly or provide a method everyone can view these.

Proper attribution is needed when publishing the content of others in any medium.

This forum ranks particularly high in Google searches related to Kings Island, so misuse of the park's content here could potentially cause them a lot of harm.

EDIT: Here's an example, based on Don's example above:

Kings Island announced on Twitter that the last piece of track on Banshee was installed this morning.

BerN6m-CcAApPwg.jpg

Photo: Don Helbig / Kings Island via Twitter

such a beautiful photo!!! Our Banshee is complete (well track/supports anyways) :wub:

• Like 5

Guest KingsIslandPR

I don't mean to sound slightly rude here so please don't view as such Don, but if this is the case ALOT of other forums are posting just the pics on their facebook/forums, I understand why you're doing it but either please enforce it fairly or provide a method everyone can view these. Your page is blocked currently on the networks, the only avenue I can see this is via phone, anywhere else your pages are blocked, or content itself. When pictures were posted here, etc it somewhat circumvented the .mil clearance and I could see it. Plus seeing the pictures in the feed, it's somewhat like a PTR and we can use them and look through them while still in the discussion.

For now we here will abide by the rules as set by CF, again I understand why it's being done. However some of us will not use or can't use/access several platforms your content is posted on. Again as well, other sites are violating this rule as well and this rule doesn't seem to be noticed at all for KI related material, or any CF parks for instance (see CP Rundown, Pointbuzz, etc. I could go on)

Many of the photos you see on other forums were sent to the admins of those sites to post and/or they reached out and sought permission to post them.

I have provided a method by which everyone can view them. All I asked was that the photo be credited and linked to the social platform where the photo lives.

• Like 20

Guest KingsIslandPR

Does anyone know where I can see the NEW park map for 2014?

I believe it has not yet been released by the park.

If I remember correctly, it was stated that it was having its finishing touches put on it recently.

The park map will not be available until late March or early April on our website.

• Like 15

In a short while, we'll be riding along, our guts squished and tickled by the G forces, the midway food-scented summer wind at our faces, our feet dangling above the shifting, rolling landscape (and skyscape(!)) "below;" and we'll likely forget which piece was first or last, or how she was fastened together though one of the toughest winters ever to hit southwest Ohio, or how small the equipment looked in comparison to the rising columns and track in Don's amazing construction pics. Instead, we'll be too busy laughing and screaming in awe of our new, big star coaster as she whips us along in ways some of us have never yet experienced.

There are experiences in life that require vivid analogies in order to articulate them. In other words, how does looking at the finished Banshee make me feel? Well, as a kid, my dad used to take us to Ann Arbor, Michigan to visit the storefronts, arcades and theaters on weekends. There was this candy store next to an arcade called the "Crosseyed Moose." Inside, and on display high above the wall behind the counter was a Hershey's Chocolate Bar that appeared to be about 20 pounds! There were giant proportions of all kinds of candy, but that one caught my eye. Now, my dad asked jokingly if I could finish it in an hour. I knew better, but I hoped he was serious, and he seemed to know it, so he let the idea stew a little. Ultimately he didn't buy the cocoa behemoth, and I understood why, but for that moment, the anticipation was exhilerating!

Now I know why driving by Kings Island on my way home from work makes me crave chocolate.

• Like 16

Happy Birthday, Banshee!

Full Schedule for season is up now

Wow... an extra week of Haunt this year, seven weeks instead of the usual six! Sam the Butcher is pleased...

...our guts squished...

Some people's guts more so than others! :lol: 83 days left to lose weight!

Now I know why driving by Kings Island on my way home from work makes me crave chocolate.

Good thing you don't live closer to HersheyPark!

• Like 13

In a short while, we'll be riding along, our guts squished and tickled by the G forces, the midway food-scented summer wind at our faces, our feet dangling above the shifting, rolling landscape (and skyscape(!)) "below;" and we'll likely forget which piece was first or last, or how she was fastened together though one of the toughest winters ever to hit southwest Ohio, or how small the equipment looked in comparison to the rising columns and track in Don's amazing construction pics. Instead, we'll be too busy laughing and screaming in awe of our new, big star coaster as she whips us along in ways some of us have never yet experienced.

There are experiences in life that require vivid analogies in order to articulate them. In other words, how does looking at the finished Banshee make me feel? Well, as a kid, my dad used to take us to Ann Arbor, Michigan to visit the storefronts, arcades and theaters on weekends. There was this candy store next to an arcade called the "Crosseyed Moose." Inside, and on display high above the wall behind the counter was a Hershey's Chocolate Bar that appeared to be about 20 pounds! There were giant proportions of all kinds of candy, but that one caught my eye. Now, my dad asked jokingly if I could finish it in an hour. I knew better, but I hoped he was serious, and he seemed to know it, so he let the idea stew a little. Ultimately he didn't buy the cocoa behemoth, and I understood why, but for that moment, the anticipation was exhilerating!

You had me at Ann Arbor.

Go Blue

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I wonder if they have track or support pieces left over just like I have excess nuts and bolts when assembling a Sauder televison stand. :huh:

I've heard that coasters from a different builder based in Liechtenstein occasionally have unused track left over...

I wonder if they have track or support pieces left over just like I have excess nuts and bolts when assembling a Sauder televison stand. :huh:

I've heard that coasters from a different builder based in Liechtenstein occasionally have unused track left over...

They do that so they can tour a single piece of green track all around the country and freak out people on fan forums like this one.

• Like 18

kind of funny i wore my Banshee shirt today... available at many shops located at Kings Island in mason, ohio. ;)

Banshee is a registered trademark of Cedar Fair. As such, it should always be capitalized.

Mason and Ohio are proper nouns. As such, they too should be capitalized.

*Kings Island*

• Like 7