Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Clifford carried that weight a long time.

Now golden slumbers fill his eyes,

Smiles awake him when they ride.

Sleep, Mr. Clifford, do not cry;

And I will sing a lullaby.

And in the end, the FUN you take is equal to the FUN you make.

And while we're on the subject of Banshee:

I want you so bad, it's driving me mad.

Something in the way she loops attracts me like no other coaster...

And other Beatles references, because the loop is round.

Sorry if I made this thread weird.

• Like 14

Do we not care at all about CJ?!?! I mean, he did a lot of work, too, ya know!!!! Let's not forget that it was CJ that built the whole back half of the coaster down there in the valley!!! I'm going to miss him just as much as I will miss Clifford. They both worked very hard :)

• Like 10

Do we not care at all about CJ?!?! I mean, he did a lot of work, too, ya know!!!! Let's not forget that it was CJ that built the whole back half of the coaster down there in the valley!!! I'm going to miss him just as much as I will miss Clifford. They both worked very hard :)

For the same reason people care about Batman and not Robin. Bugs Bunny and not Daffy Duck. Fred Flintstone and not Barney. See I intentionally left Rubble off Barney, because nobody cares lol.

• Like 6

Cliffy and CJ were like storks delivering our wittle bebe...or maybe they were more like midwives.

• Like 3

kind of funny i wore my Banshee shirt today... available at many shops located at Kings Island in mason, ohio. ;)

Banshee is a registered trademark of Cedar Fair. As such, it should always be capitalized.

Mason and Ohio are proper nouns. As such, they too should be capitalized.

right... well if you want to be all high and mighty and correct people just casually typing then you are mistaken about Banshee being capitalized. i believe in the trademarked logo Banshee is all capitalized so it should be Banshee. trademarked or not im here to talk about the park and the rides in it without looking for faults in people's typing. thank you :rolleyes:

• Like 2

We should seriously set this to music; it would be easier to post a link to a snazzy musical number than keep retyping this:

Correcting people's capitalization (or the lack thereof) of trademarks is not a personal attack; it's self-defense for the forum. I repeat: it is not a personal attack on you or your posts. The administration has requested that we publicly correct each other on the forums when trademarks are improperly capitalized. The administration has asked that trademarks be properly capitalized to protect the site from potential subpoenas. The administration has defended those who correct people's corrections of trademarks missing proper capitalization. It's a minor request with big consequences. And yes, it does matter on a seemingly small site like this. That's why all this is happening in the first place. It's reactive, not proactive.

Perhaps it would help the site become more capitalization-aware if we were friendlier about it or explained the context of our posts. Not everyone who posts here has time to catch every post, including the ones that explain why we suddenly seem to be grammatically critical of trademark names.

Can't say anything about the "Mason" and "Ohio" corrections, though. The guy just really likes Mason and Ohio?

• Like 7

Just follow the rules, CF high ups have asked for it, Admins have asked for it, and people here personally have asked for it.

Follow the ideas and heed the warnings, we're not asking much. Upsetting the park should be the last thing anyone here should want to do. CF does alot for us, when they ask something little, just return the favor, it's not hard. When it's not followed it makes us look bad.

Last I will say is consequences could be possible for what I've been told. Heed that as a last warning, that should give you a clue of how high up and how serious corporate takes this

• Like 8

Clifford carried that weight a long time.

Now golden slumbers fill his eyes,

Smiles awake him when they ride.

Sleep, Mr. Clifford, do not cry;

And I will sing a lullaby.

And in the end, the FUN you take is equal to the FUN you make.

And while we're on the subject of Banshee:

I want you so bad, it's driving me mad.

Something in the way she loops attracts me like no other coaster...

And other Beatles references, because the loop is round.

Sorry if I made this thread weird.

Abbey Road is my favorite album!!!

• Like 6

Can we....I don't know....get back to the point of this forum? I'm glad we all went to law school about trademarks and all but I really just want to read about Banshee and not how to properly hit the shift key....

I second this motion. All in favor?

• Like 6