Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

I wonder when the pull-through will begin.

Probably never. Diamondback didn't have one. Many B&M's don't. It's a B&M without nearby intruding vegetation. Plus, given this beauty's terrain, it would not be easy...and wouldn't serve a worthwhile purpose.

I was just thinking they'd do one for the clearance of the ground and the supports since you'll be flying by nearly all of them.

• Like 3

So, zombiejane is late to the game as usual!

So, this capitalization of trademarks... do this apply to all trademarks? or just those that apply to KI?

Are the trademarked words to be capitalized all the time? or just when in reference to the trademark item? (ex. The Beast vs. a beast).

Have I missed anything else while I've been away?

• Like 1

So, this capitalization of trademarks... do this apply to all trademarks? or just those that apply to KI?

Are the trademarked words to be capitalized all the time? or just when in reference to the trademark item? (ex. The Beast vs. a beast).

All trademarks always capitalized.

When referring to something other than a trademarked item, such as a beast, you do not have to capitalize. Whereas, when you are talking about The Beast roller coaster, please capitalize.

Hope all is well and welcome back!

When referring to something other than a trademarked item, such as a beast, you do not have to capitalize. Whereas, when you are talking about The Beast roller coaster, please capitalize.

Hope all is well and welcome back!

THANKS! :D

I was just curious. I see all of this talk of proper capitalization and trademark stuff and wondered to myself "Either we (we as in KIC as a whole) got in trouble for something, or this off season has just been reeeaaaaaaally slow!" lol

• Like 3

Idk what day will be my first day this year. I absolutely HATE crowds so opening day is out of the picture. I might go that first Sunday it's open. It'll be crowded but hopefully not too crowded. The crowdest I've ever been at Kings Island was one of the Haunts this year. It took 5 hours to ride Diamondback, then Beast. (line time not ride time obviously) Didn't get to do any haunted houses because of the crowds unfortunately.

Idk what day will be my first day this year. I absolutely HATE crowds so opening day is out of the picture. I might go that first Sunday it's open. It'll be crowded but hopefully not too crowded. The crowdest I've ever been at Kings Island was one of the Haunts this year. It took 5 hours to ride Diamondback, then Beast. (line time not ride time obviously) Didn't get to do any haunted houses because of the crowds unfortunately.

If you live in town and have a season pass (and it wouldn't cause a work conflict), I'd suggest going at least long enough to see how crowds are. This is the first time that I can remember Opening Day falling on a weekday. As such, there may not be terrible crowds. With it also being a holiday (and one that many get the day off work for) it is very hard to estimate how crowds will be.

The only way to know is to go (or look at webcams, but that isn't nearly as FUN).

• Like 2

If you live in town and have a season pass (and it wouldn't cause a work conflict), I'd suggest going at least long enough to see how crowds are. This is the first time that I can remember Opening Day falling on a weekday. As such, there may not be terrible crowds. With it also being a holiday (and one that many get the day off work for) it is very hard to estimate how crowds will be.

The only way to know is to go (or look at webcams, but that isn't nearly as FUN.

Personally, I think I may go after work, even if it's crowded to the point that I/we wouldn't get to ride anything.

I want in the park so bad right now, I'd go now (even in this cold) if they'd let me.

• Like 5

If there were going to, they probably would have had it featured in the original renderings.

It is, after all, the same computer model for all the videos, just different camera paths.

So I had a thought.

The park opens April 18th. at 12:00 till 22:00.

Does this basically mean since it's opening day and all that, there's a chance Banshee will still be operating well into the night? Maybe even till 00:00? Cause with the way the lines work usually, as long as you have gotten in line in time, you can ride. Only being opening day, I'd expect there to be several hours worth of a wait for Banshee.

Banshee will most definitely tun till at least 23:00 guaranteed. I would've be surprised for it to still have a 2 to 3 hour wait at line closure.

I dunno.. They have been promoting Banshee as a must-ride for night time.

• Like 3

Ehh...I'll just throw out my prediction for Banshee's line on opening day, based loosely on what Diamondback did in 2009. When the park opens, everyone will rush over to Banshee, and the wait will be around 3-3 1/2 hours but will LOOK like a 5-hour+ wait. However, the ride will have enough capacity to ensure this is not the case. After around 2-3PM, most of the crowds will have ridden Banshee, and it's line will decrease down to around one hour or so, possibly even as low as 45 minutes depending on crew speeds and overall crowds. HOWEVER, due to the fact the ride is being hyped up as a major night ride, around 7-8 the line will build up again and will probably surpass 2+ hours once more...dunno if it will get back to 3 hours though, as many will have started to leave the park already to beat the crowds out of the park.

Again, this is just my prediction, and I'm not 100% sure it'll come to pass. But I'm just going to throw this out there...

• Like 7

Not mad, a bit disappointed that after time and again being asked to do a simple process of respecting a trademark, you have to press the issue. The park, the administrators, and the community itself have asked for this simple respect. Why some have to rebel against such a simple request is beyond me.

• Like 17

The only way to know is to go (or look at webcams, but that isn't nearly as FUN.

I live in Dayton so I'm not too far away but I'm just super claustrophobic and hate lines lol.

• Like 1

Just looking at the webcam this morning. I noticed earlier last week that the platform and fencing for the old RC Boat game on the pond are gone, but with the snow coverage, I've observed a few other things.

1. There is a backhoe parked near the seating area near Fest House (bottom left corner of the webcam screen).

2. There is a dump truck parked in the concession space across from the Guess Your Weight game, with it's back to the pond.

3. Part of the fence at the north end of the pond is now gone.

4, It looks to me as if a portion of the fence behind the Slingshot has been removed. (could be optical illusion...not certain). It would be nice if the fence was removed so that you can view the complete drop of the Banshee, of course there would need to be protective fencing of some kind around the bottom.

Do any of you see any additional activity in Octoberfest?

edit: Number four is an optical illusion. (but it would be cool to see the entire drop.

• Like 4

Afte listening to the interview with Don (a few pages back), I remember him saying that Banshee will look like it has a long line but with staff working to their full potential, the line would be about an hour to an hour and a half.

Maybe he was talking about Media Day.

Maybe he was talking about opening day.

Drummer out.

• Like 3

I've just decided that it would be okay with me if they named the whole area Oktoberfest. I'm not sure if that makes enough sense though.

I'm not sure that would make sense with Congo Falls, The Bat, or even Banshee, whereas Festhaus and Viking Fury fit in line with the Oktoberfest theming.

But I can't for the life of me imagine what a re-theming of Action Zone could be. With names like The Bat and Banshee, the only thing that comes to mind are the classic Vincent Price/Christopher Lee Hammer horror movies, folk lore, and urban legends, but how does that fit Congo Falls, Drop Tower, Delirium, and Invertigo? Of course, this is if there's going to be a re-theming at all this year.

• Like 4

I'm not gonna be there on opening day.

Thats the day my school does Blood Drive and I'm all in for donating blood to save lives.

And due to the fact that donating blood makes my dizzy for a day or two, I probably won't be there the Saturday of opening weekend.

And I thank you for your contribution, I received about 15-20 blood transfusions in 2011 and wouldn't be here today if it weren't for people like you!

• Like 13

I've just decided that it would be okay with me if they named the whole area Oktoberfest. I'm not sure if that makes enough sense though.

I'm not sure that would make sense with Congo Falls, The Bat, or even Banshee, whereas Festhaus and Viking Fury fit in line with the Oktoberfest theming.

But I can't for the life of me imagine what a re-theming of Action Zone could be. With names like The Bat and Banshee, the only thing that comes to mind are the classic Vincent Price/Christopher Lee Hammer horror movies, folk lore, and urban legends, but how does that fit Congo Falls, Drop Tower, Delirium, and Invertigo? Of course, this is if there's going to be a re-theming at all this year.

I really like that idea. I'd love off kilter buildings like Ripley's Believe It Not Museums, but the architectural expertise to pull that stunt would be expensive.

eBay, iPhone, iPad, and adidas might disagree with you.

Don't forget maXair...

What do we do if one of these trademarks is the first word in a sentence?

In the past, I've always avoided opening a sentence with a lower-case trademark. But it might be good to know.

• Like 3