Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Side question: I love Monster Energy drinks to the point where I drink one every 2 days or so. My question is am I allowed to take one in? If not, are there any places in the park that sells them? Last year I took one in 3 or 4 times and didn't get stopped. I just don't like going against park policies so if that means skipping something I didn't need in the first place :P

I believe Monster Energy is distributed by Coca-Cola, so they might sell it in the park. But if I remember correctly, last season the energy drink I saw in vending machines was Full Throttle.

• Like 2

Heard gluten-free, had to chime in...

I've had an allergy to wheat(gluten) and peanuts since I was 18 months old. Options have DRAMATICALLY improved in the past few years, in general(not just at the park). Up until the park implemented new gluten-free menu items, though, my diet at the park consisted of Dip'n'Dots, an occasional bag of chips, and a soft drink. It was often hard to even get soft serve ice cream because some stands only had cones, no bowls. In recent years though, I've been thoroughly impressed with the reasonably priced gluten-free options the park has. I've also found I can get some chili-cheese fries at Skyline with little to no issues.**

**Disclaimer: I know that even the slight cross-contamination that occurs there could throw some people into anaphylactic shock or Celiac issues. Each person with dietary restrictions, as always, should approach restaurants in general at their own discretion due to the potential risk of cross-contamination.**

• Like 8

Also, Coney Potato Works has gluten free ice cream cones, chicken tenders, and fries. Festhaus has gluten free pizza, but as far as I know you have to buy a whole pizza.

I don't know about Rivertown Potato Works, but last season I honestly enjoyed the Coney Mall location more. Sacrelige, I know...

Of course, since being introduced to Kennywood's Potato Patch, both Potato Works locations are like McDonald's fries in comparison...

• Like 6

Are the chicken tenders not breaded?

If they are breaded, wouldn't that also negate any gluten-free status for the fries that are cooked in the same oil?

Everything that's served at the Coney Mall Potato Works is gluten free, heck, I think they even have gluten-free beer there(still underage so not 100% sure :) ). The batter on the chicken tenders and corn dogs there are (I'm assuming) a rice and corn mixture, and possibly some other gluten free flours.

Yes, it's possible to create a gluten-free bread without gluten and wheat. :)

Everything that's served at the Coney Mall Potato Works is gluten free, heck, I think they even have gluten-free beer there(still underage so not 100% sure :) ). The batter on the chicken tenders and corn dogs there are (I'm assuming) a rice and corn mixture, and possibly some other gluten free flours.

Yes, it's possible to create a gluten-free bread without gluten and wheat. :)

Thanks.

Your post is far more informative than the entire official website.

• Like 8

I guess I'm part of the minority when it comes to the drawstring bag debate. I always carry a bag in the park. Keys and glasses (in case my contacts come out) go in it. Also, I always have a souvenir cup which goes in the bag while I'm on a ride.

Having said that though, I realize the park isn't responsible for keeping my items. Also, I respect the policy about loose articles in the Banshee station. I have no issues with purchasing a locker.

• Like 4

Wow all gluten free stuff st the park..I'm impressed. Good on them...

Yes some beers are naturally gluten free. If it's not a wheat or barley derived beer..those that aren't made with it are naturally gluten free.

The Yuengling they serve in the park is not gluten free however. By the way KI...you carry the Original Lager..why not the Black and Tan..good stuff

• Like 3

I always bring a back pack with me and I've never had any problems. If I have to rent a locker I will do so I have no problem with that. And for the people saying there is no reason anyone should have to bring a bag in there are quite a few reasons why someone would. I carry mine at haunt the most because of the difference in temperature from day to night. I'm anemic so my body temperature fluctuates quite a bit. I always keep a hoodie in my bag even if its 90 degrees outside. This is also the reason why I wear my beanie all year long. And why I wear a bandana over my face when riding in the cold. You may not need to bring a bag into the park but for others it can be essential.

• Like 6

Sorry to get back on topic here, but it looks as if they have done a significant amount of site work, specifically around the area where the entrance of the ride will be. Theres a crane working on the bottom of the lift hill, my guess would be that it is putting the lift chain motor in place. Again, sorry to get back on topic. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Sorry to get back on topic here, but it looks as if they have done a significant amount of site work, specifically around the area where the entrance of the ride will be. Theres a crane working on the bottom of the lift hill, my guess would be that it is putting the lift chain motor in place. Again, sorry to get back on topic. ;)

I believe that the lift chain motor is already installed. I could be wrong though it wouldn't be the first nor the last time.

This was probably more on topic than the recent comments about fanny packs and drawstring bags. :rolleyes: I think it is possible that the crane is constructing the station.

[EDIT] also, it appears that Clifford Jr. is back up again. There are several people by the second loop area, is there a tour going on?

I wear cargo pants to the park. Sometimes, I buy some souvenirs that are just the right size to fit in my pockets. When I start to take on that 1991-MC-Hammer look, I simply walk out to the truck and leave the souvenirs there and come back for more coaster-ridin' bliss. I do not do the moving sidewalk dance, though. I can't touch that.

• Like 11

^3 I know, right? There are days when just strolling in, stopping by the Glass Blower to watch Wayne create a colorful, sparkling trinket with fire, buying a souvenir, then walking over to LaRosa's and buying a slice or two and a refill, and just chillin' out by the Royal Fountains to reflect on the long day, is all it takes to make a trip. You gotta be a season pass holder, though, or it just doesn't feel right.

• Like 6