Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

I don't see a problem with drinks Firehawk, White Water Rapids, and Invertigo allow you to put your drink on the other side but do not allow bags. Plus all Kings Island needs is a law suit due to people not having a drink and passing out.

How a single lawsuit was not filed during the inaugural season of Firehawk is beyond me. Even with the awnings installed, heat exhaustion was a major problem in the summer of '07 while waiting in line for the 'Hawk. The fans weren't installed until halfway into the summer season (thankfully, Diamondback had its fans installed from Day One), and ride operators had to put water coolers in the queue line for guests to use.

They were still doing that on June 18th 2013. The Fans didnt even blow the mist :angry:

• Like 2

I'm kinda amazed by some of the elitism I'm seeing in this thread. "No one should ever need a backpack at Kings Island" "If you can't wait in line without a drink you just need to adapt" Everyone has different situations and no one here can possibly account for what everyone has to go through while they are at the park. While I admit that we are becoming a society that complains about everything and people feel though they are entitled to everything, insulting people and acting like you know everything just shows your ignorance. Just because you can spend 15 hours at the park with just your season pass, only spend $3 and only take two sips out of a water fountain all day doesn't mean everyone in the world can do that. It's fine to have an opinion, but have some class and respect other's opinions as well.

• Like 23

I think I should chime in here.

I have a medical condition where I have to carry certain things around with me at all times in a back pack as well as hydrate regularly (a liter a day more than an average person). As much as the lockers are cheap, it would help me greatly if I could carry those things in line knowing I could put them aside at the station on warmer days, especially in long lines like Firehawk can get. It often is the make or break decision for me to ride those rides at all. Being forced to use a locker for Firehawk and now Banshee is a bit disconcerting to me.

I realize I'm in a minority, but there are times the lockers are an inconvinience. I don't understand why Banshee won't have the bins. What, just because its the 'new' ride and they want the greater capacity where employees do not have to check loose articles? Didn't Diamondback have its bins during its opening year? It did just fine in capacity that year didn't it? B&M inverted coasters at a lot of other parks have places to put things. What really makes Banshee so different?

Apologies if I come off a bit angry, but please, just understand there are those of us with legit reason to have things on our person. I'm willing to be corrected on anything I'm missing.

• Like 20

I think I should chime in here.

I have a medical condition where I have to carry certain things around with me at all times in a back pack as well as hydrate regularly (a liter a day more than an average person). As much as the lockers are cheap, it would help me greatly if I could carry those things in line knowing I could put them aside at the station on warmer days, especially in long lines like Firehawk can get. It often is the make or break decision for me to ride those rides at all. Being forced to use a locker for Firehawk and now Banshee is a bit disconcerting to me.

I realize I'm in a minority, but there are times the lockers are an inconvinience. I don't understand why Banshee won't have the bins. What, just because its the 'new' ride and they want the greater capacity where employees do not have to check loose articles? Didn't Diamondback have its bins during its opening year? It did just fine in capacity that year didn't it? B&M inverted coasters at a lot of other parks have places to put things. What really makes Banshee so different?

Apologies if I come off a bit angry, but please, just understand there are those of us with legit reason to have things on our person. I'm willing to be corrected on anything I'm missing.

It is possible that Banshee's station is smaller than other stations which could make it more difficult or dangerous to exit in an emergency.

I guess I'm more mad about people here acting like people shouldn't carry anything at an amusement park or that people shouldn't carry things onto rides and set them aside at the station for capacity's sake. I totally understand some of Kings Island's reasoning to their decisions.

• Like 11

Good luck filing a lawsuit against the park for passing out in line. It would be next to impossible. And if you can't go without a beverage for an hour then don't wait in the line.

Filing a lawsuit would be next to impossible?

Really?

Really?

I learn the darnest things here.

(winning? That's different. Maybe. Facts contribute to outcomes, along with representation, resources, etc. Filing? Anyone can file a lawsuit against anybody for almost anything. The defendant(s) then must defend the suit.)

There is no legal advice intended for a particular client or situation contained herein. The author is not engaged in the private practice of law in Ohio, the District of Columbia or any United State. Consult a competent attorney in your jurisdiction if you have, or think you may have, a legal problem. Thus ends the disclaimer.

• Like 9

If the park doesn't allow you to bring anything into the station and you need hydration, hit up a food stand and get a couple cups of the free ice water they offer. That should at least get you through the line. I'm not putting anyone down just trying to offer up a solution.

Good luck filing a lawsuit against the park for passing out in line. It would be next to impossible. And if you can't go without a beverage for an hour then don't wait in the line.

Filing a lawsuit would be next to impossible?

Really?

Really?

I learn the darnest things here.

(winning? That's different. Maybe. Facts controbute to outcomes, along with representation, resources, etc. Filing? Anyone can file a lawsuit against anybody for almost anything. The defendant(s) then must defend the suit.)

There is no legal advice intended for a particular client or situation contained herein. The author is not engaged in the private practice of law in Ohio, the District of Columbia or any United State. Consult a competent attorney in your jurisdiction if you have, or think you may have, a legal problem. Thus ends the disclaimer.

Obviously I meant to win. They can file a lawsuit all the want, but they would never win.

I feel like a lot of coaster enthusiasts just care about how many times they can ride something in a day instead of enjoying the experience. I also feel like society as a whole has become insensitive towards others who may have some sort of medical condition. I was working last night and saw two moms fighting because one of them didn't like the fact that the other mother's autistic child was banging on a box that was in the cart. She seriously told the other mom that she should have left the child at home. Sorry to rant.

• Like 15

And again, I'm not trying to be rude here, but if you cannot handle waiting in line without water then you shouldn't. The park has given you options, and you can make the choice.

Soooooooo I shouldnt carry an epipen for a bee sting while standing in line, or an inhaler for breathing troubles, or if I have to drink 20-30 ounces of water an hour I am out of luck?

If I cant bring a bag with me, I will need to carry all of this in my pocket. If my pocket is not big enough, then I guess I am SOL? So the logical response is, dont ride rides with long lines? So I should probably not go to KI then.

You are being rude. Some people have reasons for needing to drink in line. Some medical, some not. Who are you to make sweeping statements like that?

• Like 4

And again, I'm not trying to be rude here, but if you cannot handle waiting in line without water then you shouldn't. The park has given you options, and you can make the choice.

Soooooooo I shouldnt carry an epipen for a bee sting while standing in line, or an inhaler for breathing troubles, or if I have to drink 20-30 ounces of water an hour I am out of luck?

If I cant bring a bag with me, I will need to carry all of this in my pocket. If my pocket is not big enough, then I guess I am SOL? So the logical response is, dont ride rides with long lines? So I should probably not go to KI then.

You are being rude. Some people have reasons for needing to drink in line. Some medical, some not. Who are you to make sweeping statements like that?

Coming from someone who has 5 family members including myself who are also terribly allergic to bees I can tell your that if you were stung in line, first aid would be able to come to your aid rather quickly. It wouldn't take much for someone to get a ride operator to call 911, and again I am sorry if I offended you, that was not my intention. However I am saying that the general public does not have these limitations, and therefore the park has the ability to not allow loose articles in the line. I am sorry that you felt offended but I feel that there are many options available. Drink a lot of water before you go into Banshee or Firehawks line, and if something ever were to happen which I would hope it wouldn't, it would be easy to get help. Again I am sorry I see your point, but I think there are many options for help if need be.

• Like 1

Except if the park does not allow drinks in line. If the park took the hard line stance of NO DRINKS AT ALL, then, well, relief can be granted, Water and Shade in line.

But as others have said here, there are options, may not be the best option, but they are available such as getting cups of ice or a disposable cup for water to drink while in line.

Ok just to cover some previous post, first; Banshee will get a touch up on paint folks. It has been a bit cold to paint. Another; I have my own medial issues I deal with when at the park and long lines. I make accommodations for my issues within the rules of the park. Some things I can't do because of my medical issues. I deal with it, life is not fair. I don't complain . I understand the park can't appease everyone and their needs, but they do a really good job at what they do.

• Like 2

Not everybody is a camel, I require something to drink in 90+ weather. I also refuse to drink out of public water fountains. Have you seen the nasty people that walk around the park? How can you take the stand of just live with it and be thirsty?

They offer free ice water, as many cups as you ask for, all around the park. KI has covered itself well in that regards. I'm no doctor, nor do I play one on tv, but I'll venture a guess that a significant majority (likely all) would tell you that the free water is a signficantly better option than soda for preventing hydration. You can grab 2 or 3 cups of ice water and drink them thru the line. I've had them fill up my souvenior cup with ice water before as well as numerous sippy cups or "push button cups" for our kids. I've never asked them, but I'm willing to bet if you told someone that you have a hydration problem and could they please give you a large cup of ice water, similar to the size of the soda cups, rather than the 8 oz glasses they typically hand out, they'd accomadate you, all at no cost.

Bottom line, it is not Kings Island's responsibility to cover every single possible condition. The park does a good job of informing the public about the dangers of the ride. If waiting in line a long time presents a potential danger, well they have an expected wait time listed out front. If they have back problems, are pregnant or some other condition, they list those warnings on a sign in front of the ride. Above all, use some common sense. If it a severe hazard to your health to be out in 90 degree weather, there are times you should not visit the park. If you have allergies to bees and being more than 5 minutes away from your epi-pen presents a life threatening problem, KI really isn't a great place. What happens if you put your bag in a bin at The Beast, climb in and get stung as you the train starts to leave the station, what happens if the train stops on the 2nd lift hill because there is a problem loading another train in the station? I've sat on that hill for a couple of minutes. I've left The Beast station and not returned to the station for well over 10 minutes before. If your epi-pen is sitting in the station, that could spell trouble if your allergies are that severe. If you got stung in line for Banshee, you could get back to your locker in under 5 minutes if you really needed to.

• Like 6

Not everybody is a camel, I require something to drink in 90+ weather. I also refuse to drink out of public water fountains. Have you seen the nasty people that walk around the park? How can you take the stand of just live with it and be thirsty?

They offer free ice water, as many cups as you ask for, all around the park. KI has covered itself well in that regards. I'm no doctor, nor do I play one on tv, but I'll venture a guess that a significant majority (likely all) would tell you that the free water is a signficantly better option than soda for preventing hydration. You can grab 2 or 3 cups of ice water and drink them thru the line. I've had them fill up my souvenior cup with ice water before as well as numerous sippy cups or "push button cups" for our kids. I've never asked them, but I'm willing to bet if you told someone that you have a hydration problem and could they please give you a large cup of ice water, similar to the size of the soda cups, rather than the 8 oz glasses they typically hand out, they'd accomadate you, all at no cost.

Bottom line, it is not Kings Island's responsibility to cover every single possible condition. The park does a good job of informing the public about the dangers of the ride. If waiting in line a long time presents a potential danger, well they have an expected wait time listed out front. If they have back problems, are pregnant or some other condition, they list those warnings on a sign in front of the ride. Above all, use some common sense. If it a severe hazard to your health to be out in 90 degree weather, there are times you should not visit the park. If you have allergies to bees and being more than 5 minutes away from your epi-pen presents a life threatening problem, KI really isn't a great place. What happens if you put your bag in a bin at The Beast, climb in and get stung as you the train starts to leave the station, what happens if the train stops on the 2nd lift hill because there is a problem loading another train in the station? I've sat on that hill for a couple of minutes. I've left The Beast station and not returned to the station for well over 10 minutes before. If your epi-pen is sitting in the station, that could spell trouble if your allergies are that severe. If you got stung in line for Banshee, you could get back to your locker in under 5 minutes if you really needed to.

I totally agree and couldn't have said this any better. Theses are all good points.

Has anyone noticed what's going on beside Adventure Expresses entrance?

Watch around the bush by the sign at the last 15 seconds of week 25. And look at it the beginning of week 26.

Watch in this area:

d9wy.jpg

Photo taken from Kings Island's website at:

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/Banshee/live-view

Week 25:

Week 26;

Videos taken from DavidW's YouTube.

• Like 1

How long do you imagine the Fast Lane Pass for line being opening weekend?

Still one hour is my guess.

My guess is the wait for Fast Lane will be under an hour. I think they'll really try to keep that line down. This would be the perfect time to showcase the benefit of having Fast Lane and would probably get a few more people to consider buying it the next time they visit.

I'm really curious as to what the cost will be though. $100?

• Like 2