Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Back on topic. Anyone else get sort of a Celtic church vibe from the station? I have been out of the loop for a while so I don't know if this is actually what they were going for. If this is the case, I love that they aren't being overly politically correct and are embracing the mythology of Banshees.

The Banshee is part of Celtic folklore so...

Back on topic. Anyone else get sort of a Celtic church vibe from the station? I have been out of the loop for a while so I don't know if this is actually what they were going for. If this is the case, I love that they aren't being overly politically correct and are embracing the mythology of Banshees.

The Banshee is part of Celtic folklore so...

I was worried that with the negative and frankly morbid connotation of the name Banshee they would ignore the story behind them. I figured it would be a cool logo and name but the general theming would be pretty generic. I am pleasantly surprised.

• Like 8

Don Helbig / Kings Island is presenting/speaking about Banshee today at ACE's Eastcoaster event in Allentown, PA. (Home of Dorney Park)

Kings Island and Dorney Park will be presenting together at the event.

Dorney Park and & Wildwater Kingdom on Facebook:

2wmklk4.jpg

Photo : Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom via Facebook

@KingsIslandPR on Twitter:

28bvgw8.jpg

Photo : Don Helbig / Kings Island via Twitter

• Like 3

It will.

I don't mean to be rash, but when I say very hopeful, I mean that I am very hopeful to see it in full fruition. On the flip side, I would much rather see from you to go into full detail than to just type two words of confirmation. Will the station be photogenic? Will the coaster and station be photogenic? Will the grass be photogenic?

Still on the topic, maybe I should elaborate on what I mean when I say this. I am hopeful to see the tombstones in sight while in plaza around the coaster, making it more photogenic than the latter. I am hopeful to see how much they put into the station, possibly making an in station shot more photogenic than the latter.

BB1, who goes in depth on his responses.

• Like 2

Haven't been on in awhile glad to be back. Probably the wrong place to post this. Close enough.

I sadly didn't get to go to the backstage tour of the construction of Banshee... Tragic I know... But my Dad a week ago got too. Im not exactly sure how it worked out. Somehow he met this guy at work who was a temporary worker for KI, Im not sure. Anyways he's leaving at like the beginning of march and he's a college student. My dad was taking him back home (or something) and the guy offered to take him a tour of Banshee. (Notice how I said him and not with me too)

Edit: 1,000th post and corrected by the Terp.

• Like 7