Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

This is getting ridiculous. It's not hard to capitalize ONE letter.

Banshee, who is very annoyed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which Banshee is getting annoyed?

• Like 1

Me, not the ride. :)

I think it may be both......

• Like 2

Me, not the ride. :)

I think it may be both......
Well it may be....

Edit: Didn't realize this was my 100th post. Thanks BB1! :)

/\Happy 100th post!

Anyways getting back on topic. I hope they can get the Banshee Cam cleaned off soon, it is getting annoying for me to see a smudge in the corner of the screen.

• Like 1

Yes this capitalization thing has been mentioned many times. And I agree with it. However, mentioning it over and over and over and over again IS GETTING OLD!!!!!! Get off it. Don't like how I used so many capitals? TOUGH!

There are reasons, very good reasons, why it continues and must continue to be mentioned. I am not privy to exactly what those reasons are, but there are reasons.

• Like 6

^ Actually, The Interpreter, backed by the forum administration, has asked that we capitalize trademarked names (such as Banshee, Kings Island, etc.) Capitalization outside that has not been mentioned; I would assume that is optional (except to those that care enough to capitalize other words that ought to be capitalized in the English language.) Don may have also mentioned trademarked names, but I don't remember. The idea of properly capitalizing every word or term that ought to be capitalized is not what has been promoted recently.

I bother to mention this so people don't think they have to type perfectly all the time, which seems to be the main gripe when it comes to the capitalization posts. It's just trademarked names; not properly capitalizing them seems to cause substantial flack (or more) for the admins.

• Like 1

Over half the stuff posted on the "Banshee construction" has nothing to do with what it is suppose to . Just nitpickers trying to make more and more post so they can get to the next level on their profile. In other words...if that's all you want to talk about...then make a new forum for that specifically and stop boring the rest of us with it. I'm done with this and will ignore any and all responses to my post. Later.

• Like 1

I'm just here for the ride, I point out little things, talk about it, and carry on.

Let's just keep calm, carry on, and not start a flame war. (Because frankly, I don't want to pick a side nor be in a war)

Overall I'm impressed on how much has been achieved in the past months, and I can't wait to see the sod/theming down,I hope March, or possibly early April?

• Like 1

This is America. we are allowed to capitalize freely.

Back on topic, when will test runs begin on the Banshee at KI?

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

• Like 1

In regards to such individuals who wish to not capitalize things that the park has repeatedly asked us to do, it's childish.

Let it be known, did you see KIC get any off season events? Any KIC exclusives? We almost even lost our coaster club deal to people abusing it. Do not abuse or tarnish a privilege and bite the hand that feeds you. They are only asking very little of us. You're here free, and it's a free discussion of many great ideas. If the park asks you to do something small just do it. It's not like they're asking for money, labor, etc. Just to press the shift button before you type a letter.

Now let it be warned that your attendance at media day and the park in general as stated is a privilege. Previous knowledge that I have heard come my way suggests someone very high up in the Cedar Fair chain was not happy with message boards, and their lack of use of it's expensive trademarks. This person could easily state that individual members if found or KIC/CCrew in general are unable to attend or be eligible for events. They have every right. The road you are going down may lead that way. Again notice the lack of off season events. Also notice how we barely got a chance to have a KIC day towards the end of the season and how during that event we almost lost it as well.

Respect your privileges, they are not entitlements. Keep going down the road may spell disappointment and lack of attendance for you or for many others here.

Heed these words. I and other members here on the forum and CF are not asking much

• Like 25

In regards to such individuals who wish to not capitalize things that the park has repeatedly asked us to do, it's childish.

Let it be known, did you see KIC get any off season events? Any KIC exclusives? We almost even lost our coaster club deal to people abusing it. Do not abuse or tarnish a privilege and bite the hand that feeds you. They are only asking very little of us. You're here free, and it's a free discussion of many great ideas. If the park asks you to do something small just do it. It's not like they're asking for money, labor, etc. Just to press the shift button before you type a letter.

Now let it be warned that your attendance at media day and the park in general as stated is a privilege. Previous knowledge that I have heard come my way suggests someone very high up in the Cedar Fair chain was not happy with message boards, and it's lack of use of it's expensive trademarks. This person could easily state that individual members if found or KIC/CCrew in general are unable to attend or be eligible for events. They have every right. The road you are going down may lead that way. Again notice the lack of off season events. Also notice how we barely got a chance to have a KIC day towards the end of the season and how during that event we almost lost it as well.

Respect your privileges, they are not entitlements. Keep going down the road may spell disappointment and lack of attendance for you or for many others here.

Heed these words. I and other members here on the forum and CF are not asking much

Exactly, this is what I tell everyone I meet, these events aren't entitlements. The only reason we even get some, and probably more leaner events in 2013 was due to how we were a thriving community, putting a good light on Kings Island, and with excellent PR. Even then, we almost lost it, period point blank. How you might ask? One member screwed it all up. At least it was "forgiven", but it still goes to show you how any park, Cedar Point, Kings Island, you name it, can take away some of the events and perks that some take as if it was a divine right. I hope that KIC can improve, that is something I came back for, is improvement. Yet, you still cannot do one single thing, and almost joke about it, not once, but multiple times by multiple members? Come on Kings Island Central, let's just keep in the lines of common sense, and carry on.

Now, back onto topic I must say this, I believe that a good idea for any kind of theming if possible is the old run down stone feel, with grass growing upon it. That would look spectacular, or possibly with Celtic flora around the station, almost resembling a small church garden.

• Like 7

The capitalization thing from what I have been told is a Cedar Fair initiative to protect their copyrights. With a heavily Cedar Fair monitored website like this, we took their request and are trying to be 100% compliant with it from here on out. Please follow accordingly as its starting to get old for us mods to stop what were doing periodically during the day and check on such simple things. For those who wish to continue to "troll" will be awarded with some vacation time away from the boards.

Also since I'm tired of hopping on just to fix these issues. I have spent the afternoon programming a script that will automatically capitalize Kings Islands copyrighted names. Now that doesn't mean go ahead and try it out, but just in case you forget it will fix it for you.

I'd like to thank The Interpreter for helping in correcting this behavior.

• Like 27

About time the rules were laid out..Hopefully that was enough for people..

Also because some people seem to get a late memo, can this be created into a sticky or something highly visible for everywhere?

I also thank Terp..I try to stay neutral and help as much as I can, but my time is diverted elsewhere through the day, he seems to be here, there, and everywhere.

• Like 8

This is America. we are allowed to capitalize freely.

Back on topic, when will test runs begin on the Banshee at KI?

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

Yes but on here, that is taken very seriously.

As to when testing is supposed to begin, probably not until March. They should be getting the other 2 trains within the next few weeks or so.

My issue is not with KIC or the posters asking for people to capitalize the names of attractions; it's with Cedar Fair for caring at all about whether names of attractions are capitalized on a free public anonymous message board. That's about the most casual form of conversation that exists on this planet these days.

I personally ALWAYS capitalize them and try to use the proper names of attractions because we have been asked to do so. When I first started posting and posted my initial TR, I used former attraction names (because I literally did not know the new ones since I hadn't been to KI in 7+ years), and I will not be doing that anymore because we have been asked to use the proper names with proper capitalization.

I even went back before I hit "post" and replaced the word "ride" with "attraction" -- when I originally typed this out, everywhere you see "attraction" I originally used "ride" -- because I think that's the word that they want me to use.

Additionally, I capitalize the names of attractions anyway because I try to ALWAYS use appropriate spelling, grammar and punctuation, even in an EXTREMELY informal setting like this, because I think it makes a poster come across as being more intelligent when they do so.

However, I can understand why SO many people don't. It's a message board. 99% of message boards don't have rules about punctuation. Maybe even 99.9%. So it is to be expected that many will not properly capitalize the names of rides attractions, because I think a lot of people aren't used to having to follow such rules on other boards that they may post on.

My other issue is with the people who say "they tell us to do it so you should just do it". Ok, yeah, I'm going to do it because they tell us to do it, but you have to also understand that it's human nature to question the way things are, and why. I think most people want to know why they are asked to do something, especially something that is a bit out of the ordinary, instead of just blindly following instructions. So forgive me (and others) for questioning why we are being asked to capitalize the names of rides. I'm not doing so to be confrontational, I'm doing so because I want to understand why that is the case.

Because right now, I can't for the life of me understand why Cedar Fair would care about the names of their attractions being capitalized or not on a free public anonymous internet message board. I'm sure there's a good reason, I just can't figure it out on my own.

• Like 5

Alright can we please get back on topic. If you want to complain or whatever why Don't you make a topic about "Capitalization of Trademarks, etc." so that this topic which is about "Banshee Construction and Updates" can stay on topic. Thank you. Alright back on topic, what do you guys think is going in the circle that used to be the action circle?

Alright can we please get back on topic. If you want to complain or whatever why Don't you make a topic about it so that this topic which is about "Banshee Construction and Updates" can stay on topic. Thank you. Alright back on topic, what do you guys think is going in the circle that used to be the action circle?

From what I've seen on the webcam, they have removed the stained concrete. I don't know if I would expect much else to be done there except maybe pavers. It would be cool if a fountain, or statue of some kind were put there or maybe a ride of some kind (like a flying eagle or Matterhorn type ride.)

• Like 1