Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Adjust to change or become a cast-aside victim of it.

You either adjust or get abandoned. This isn't our site...(it might be collectively). But if change is apparent...you adjust. Or you move on.

I have adjusted because I like this place. But I would move on if I my principals dictated otherwise.

• Like 2

Topic One: That Mama scene, have never seen the movie..screw that, nope, nope, nope..Driving the nopemobile to nopeville and living in a house of nope

Topic Two:

Back to the dreaded off subject of capitalization..Again I say this to all of you, wrong moves mean consequences. This thread is normally in the eyesight of Cedar Fair, just like other boards out there. However, activities by individuals on here have led to scrutiny, as some members here have done very bad things (trespass, etc. I don't need to delve into this further you know the drill). So when events like this happen, it's like the Eye of Sauron looking towards the one ring..These individuals force scrutiny on the board, which lately has been at an all time high. For what I know a very high person up in Cedar Fair's corporate management level noticed these actual activities, and also noticed our activities on this board. So to squelch it out, he sent out his Nazgul (figurative) to find the one ring. So all in all, we have been in the wrong to an extent for quite some time, we have had problems, we are being watched and judged more and more. However the park asks these of us, and then resistance like this happens. Just stay on the parks good side and things go ok. See Pointbuzz for example, after the 2011 season there was a quickmeme created about Ride Operations. It grabbed the parks attention very very quickly, some people got blacklisted not allowed to return and even the Witch King of Angmar/Park Operations swept out to personally respond and do a PR cleanup..

All things pertaining to the parks are very important to Cedar Fair. As employees they even have grooming guidelines for hair/tattoos, etc. They are controlling of what they are, the capitalization is just an example of this. Do what they ask, it's not hard, and move on. These should have been capitalized and moving on even before this was an issue for obvious reasons. Again, they're asking us to just hold the shift button for a quick second and press the corresponding letter. Is it that hard guys? Comon now. Arguing over this is getting pathetic.

Don't be the ringbearer of the one ring that puts the ring on and the great eye fixes on you. Just carry the ring to The Beast behind the scenes tour and cast it in the fires of Mount Doom.

Lots of cross threading there at epic levels, enjoy

• Like 9

Alright can we please get back on topic. If you want to complain or whatever why Don't you make a topic about "Capitalization of Trademarks, etc." so that this topic which is about "Banshee Construction and Updates" can stay on topic. Thank you. Alright back on topic, what do you guys think is going in the circle that used to be the action circle?

Unfortunately, this is directly on topic. The possible infringement is here..it gets addressed HERE. A separate topic would just be ignored. Evidence KIC is trying to address the situation needs to be here.

escalator used to be Escalator.

thermos used to be Thermos.

aspirin used to be Aspirin.

Cedar Fair rightly wants to be sure that Six Flags or the Kochs can't open a ride called Magnum just as now ANY park can open a Big Dipper, Cyclone or Comet.

It's called genericization. It is a mark of this site's prestige and position in the Kings Island forums market that we could influence that--for good or ill.

And complaining about that is off topic. It is not on the table for change or to be ignored. It is this board's policy that Cedar Fair's intellectual property, including trademarks and photographs and that of others (sponsors particularly) not produced by the poster will be acknowledged and protected.

It isnt the name of the ride that defines the ride...

Half the visitors still call Afterburn, Top Gun...

Cedar Fair once got VooDoo ed,

Six Flags VooDoo ed before them

What are the chances the GP would have confused flat ride with a roller coaster.

The GP doesnt care if a coaster is called VooDoo or Possessed, a good portion of them, will call the yellow one. I understand why KI cares and why KIC cares.

• Like 4

^^Yes...I didn't include that in the bit I figured I'd make it obvious in the first post, but def. worth reiteration...People I knew personally were included on that list, including someone on my crew..

One picture, no job for 2012 for a few people..

Just abide by this websites TOS, now reflective of the update, anything the park asks (comon it's small stuff, they're not asking for money, labor, or hard tasks), and be happy enthusiasts that make us look good and spread the fun with eachother...

Take the KIC day waiting in line and riding The Beast together..That's what we should be showing at all times..

Not..hey I'm not ganna capitalize this and bad mouth this just because..comon, we're better than that

• Like 6

Question of Ryan or Dane:

phpBB had a word filter that would block words and replace them with what I set themto when I ran Carowinds Zone. I got tired of "Carowinds" typed "carowinds" so I added the wrong one to the word filter to be corrected to the correct one. Can your forums software this too? *This post is not meant to be a suggestion and I am too lazy to find the pm button.*

• Like 1

Question of Ryan or Dane:

phpBB had a word filter that would block words and replace them with what I set themto when I ran Carowinds Zone. I got tired of "Carowinds" typed "carowinds" so I added the wrong one to the word filter to be corrected to the correct one. Can your forums software this too? *This post is not meant to be a suggestion and I am too lazy to find the pm button.*

I believe Dane has already implemented a script to do this. Previously discussed several pages back.
  • Like 3

Moral of the story: Stop breaking the rules, and if you do, off to the dark gates of Morgoth you go, for a long long time. Oh, and while you are there, say hi to my friend YoungStud, I wonder how he is doing.

I feel the need for a meme here of a Picard Facepalm, something that I feel many have done on this topic.

Wait a second, notice something, every single "goof up" that we've had, were surrounding this exact topic. The bad touch of the SOB Era, the terrible times of the Decoding Era, the Post Decoding Era, and the Snow Era, all were times when this community saw it's dark days.

^^ BB1, I know you've only been here for 2 years (a long time in Internet years so "only" isn't really appropriate) but there have been WAY worse times than squabbling about trademarks in the off season. I remember in the 08-09 off season there was a 50 page topic dedicated to bashing on one person for writing King Cobra as "King Snake".

• Like 2

On another subject of changing rules on here, there is still something that hasn't been addressed yet unfortunately.

People need to start reading my posts in the voice of Morgan Freeman, for it is the only natural reaction you should have to my posts. So keep reading, like you just did

Morgan Freeman...Morgan Freeman, Morgan Freeman..

That is all

Unicorn Sprinkles

• Like 6

^^ BB1, I know you've only been here for 2 years (a long time in Internet years so "only" isn't really appropriate) but there have been WAY worse times than squabbling about trademarks in the off season. I remember in the 08-09 off season there was a 50 page topic dedicated to bashing on one person for writing King Cobra as "King Snake".

I know that, but BB1 has been looking on these forums, and other forums for a long long time; so, when he first came, he knew a bit about this, and what would come. What I am trying to point out is that in the recent, or immediate, history, this subject has been the source of many many flame wars, and discourse in the community. That caused a major black dot on the community's rapport for a time.

BB1, just trying to point out what he sees, and his posts should be read with the voice of Morgan Freeman, along side Thedevariouseffect's posts. :P

• Like 2

Initiate Morgan Freeman voice:

This is exactly what I was talking about. We must keep things on good terms as much as possible. This cycle of something bad happening every now and then needs to stop, it's only causing more harm than good.

And it will stop, because Morgan Freeman narrated it so...

Just like the sun rising every morning

And that ugly shirt you're wearing

Fluffy Pandas

• Like 2

Wait, there are filters that can automatically replace text?

This is a test. If the test passes, all will be fine. If it fails, I will edit this post.

Kings Island.

Edit: Yes, there is code in place to replace, at least, an all lower-case "Kings Island" to the properly capitalized name. Very cool.

• Like 5