Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

I find it interesting that the trains sit on the wheels in the storage shed. Doesn't B&M have a different set of wheels for the train to sit on in the storage shed on other their other types of coasters (see Diamondback)? When Diamondback was built, it was mentioned that it was done to prevent flat spot/lumps in the wheels from sitting in one spot each night, thus causing a bumpier ride and necessitating wheel changes more often. Not that I don't trust B&M, but what makes an inverted train and its wheels different than their other types of rides?

*Edit*

I just realized that those are actually a different set of wheels, and not the running wheels. My bad, it's early in the morning! :rolleyes:

^^They already said they wouldnt...you missed an old memo mate .

Btw some die hard enthusiasts are driving me insane..

They see one car on the train and immediately think OMG testing soon...le sigh..we got lot more to do first

Ok, so for us who are ignorant to the process, what kind of time frame can we expect there to be before they start testing?

• Like 1

^^Maint & stuff will go first, but ride ops getting to the ride early April for training & stuff. One guy I saw got Banshee's crew is going in I think it was 06APR. I'd have to check FB but I can't atm to get when he was inprocessing. Few people have gotten their ride placement emails for returners. One person on Eiffel Tower got her placement already Lindz said. Few other returners still waiting.

I just made the point because them getting their positions probably plays little to no role in when the initial testing begins.

• Like 5

http://rcdb.com/2536.htm?p=11181

I find it interesting that the trains sit on the wheels in the storage shed. Doesn't B&M have a different set of wheels for the train to sit on in the storage shed on other their other types of coasters (see Diamondback)? When Diamondback was built, it was mentioned that it was done to prevent flat spot/lumps in the wheels from sitting in one spot each night, thus causing a bumpier ride and necessitating wheel changes more often. Not that I don't trust B&M, but what makes an inverted train and its wheels different than their other types of rides?

*Edit*

I just realized that those are actually a different set of wheels, and not the running wheels. My bad, it's early in the morning! :rolleyes:

I am pretty sure that the running wheels are clear of the rails and that the cars actuallyhang on the set of wheels just above the riders heads that sit on the catwalks.

http://rcdb.com/2536.htm?p=11181

*Edit*

I am pretty sure that the running wheels are clear of the rails and that the cars actuallyhang on the set of wheels just above the riders heads that sit on the catwalks.

Indeed, though. Going from the renderings, it looks like the trains will have tacky looking wheels just floating on the side, or the crews will have to put on the side covers that are featured in the renderings.

You both are correct. I realized it just after I posted and immediately edited my post. You can see the ride wheels in the picture of the original train delivery, and they are clearly different than the wheels that it sits on in the storage shed. It also does appear the wheel covers will cover the "storage shed wheels." Having said that, it seems kind of odd/inefficient that they have to remove and put those on each day. Maybe it's just me. I'm sure it's the same way on at least all newer inverts...just not something I thought of I guess.

• Like 1

I just made the point because them getting their positions probably plays little to no role in when the initial testing begins.

You are correct. Operations are generally at the end of the line when it comes to whats important out in the field when a new coaster is being built.

If I am not mistaken, when they do first start testing. The very first run is done with ropes and cables and pulleys. They pull the train all the way through the track that way first to make sure there are no "hang ups". And if that goes well, then they start running the cars through normally. I could be wrong. But I think that's probably how they will do it.

If I am not mistaken, when they do first start testing. The very first run is done with ropes and cables and pulleys. They pull the train all the way through the track that way first to make sure there are no "hang ups". And if that goes well, then they start running the cars through normally. I could be wrong. But I think that's probably how they will do it.

I dont think they will do that. I dont think they ever do it on an Invert Let Alone Any looping Coaster. That Just be to hard to pull through the track. I know they did the pull through on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Over at Magic Kingdom. I may be wrong, But I Think Once All The Trains Were On Diamondback`s Track, They Started Testing.

• Like 2

^ That's what I was expecting, but there's no evidence to suggest that, that I've seen.

Although, I'd imagine doing that would create a little congestion on the stairway down, so maybe the wall can only be a decorative architecture.
Kinda how it suggests the steeple portion of a church without building an extra section of building.

• Like 2

I wonder what that random wall by the stairs will be for... :huh:

I believe it is a place to view your photos when you get off.

I think the on ride photo booth will be under the station along with the gift shop. As someone said earlier, the wall could just hide the maintenance shed behind Banshee.

• Like 3

Speaking of containers shipping trains. What do you think the shipping bill is on the trains? Something interesting to think about.

I've always wondered how the $20+ Million is spread out. How much of that goes to B&M? To ADENA? To the steel manufacturing plant? To shipping? To the design firm of the station, etc...? Always thought it would be cool to see that layed out on a piechart.

• Like 6

^ That picture is taken in the backside of the station, and the entrance stairs are coming up from the back. If my hypothesis is correct, you will enter the station by going around to the back of the station, allowing for a great view of the back half of the ride. :) Looks like we'll have even more to look at while waiting in line.

• Like 4