Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

I am really excited for the station, though, the blue on it makes me cringe a bit, I hope it will look better soon! The way that everything is playing out, a stormy day would make an exciting experience on Banshee!

BB1, ag fanacht le dul go dtí an taibhse Ceilteach

• Like 3

They may use mirrors as well. Also, they usually have about 2-3 ride ops per side that all give each other thumbs up when their specific area is ready. I'm not sure if this is exactly how they do it, but it appears to be the case, at least on Raptor.

• Like 1

On prior B&M coasters I've worked, order of clears goes from top of load closest to drop to rear of load. Same on the other side. When rear load gave clear, that meant all load side was clear. Rear of unload makes sure all of unloads give clear. Once rear op of unload sees last unload clear and last rear load clear, he gives high clear. Controls gives all clear, op in rear gives dispatch enable, train leaves station.

Don't need mirrors or anything, just need to follow order of clears properly

• Like 5

On prior B&M coasters I've worked, order of clears goes from top of load closest to drop to rear of load. Same on the other side. When rear load gave clear, that meant all load side was clear. Rear of unload makes sure all of unloads give clear. Once rear op of unload sees last unload clear and last rear load clear, he gives high clear. Controls gives all clear, op in rear gives dispatch enable, train leaves station.

Don't need mirrors or anything, just need to follow order of clears properly

I believe that in theory this will work, it'll be cool to see. I just have a hard time beliving that they have a higher therotical capacity then Diamondback. It just seems that the restriants are a lot more simple and quick over at Diamondback.

• Like 1

2 things from the picture posted. First time I have noticed that tree sitting so close to the track. Nice to see it was kept and Second I love the Arch the train goes under as it exits the station. Very cool detail.

I believe that is the second tree back from the tree where the graveyard stood (closer to the restrooms) and I'm glad they kept it too. I was sad though when they cut down the lone pine tree near the lift hill...I'd rather they had transplanted it to a different location.

The station is starting to shape up nicely!!!

• Like 1

I used to work at BGT so I am familiar with this. Going to use Montu as an example.

Usually at the back of the station on the opposite side from the control panel is a green button. (See Diamondback. The button is located on the left side of the train near row 16.)

This button MUST be pushed to move the train in the station, unless the coaster is in maintenance mode. In maintenance mode, one person can operate the entire coaster from the control panel.

During normal operation, the person assigned to the unload rear side of Montu, MUST hold the button down in order for the train to dispatch. The person in the control booth can push the dispatch buttons until his fingers bleed, but the train will not move unless the second button is pressed. Once pressed, the "driver" sees the indicator on his panel, then visually checks the loading area, then presses his buttons. The train advances. The incoming train will not advance into the station unless the rear dispatch button is pressed as well. (Same on Diamodnback.)

This button at the back of the train works as a thumbs up in addition to the employee actually giving the thumbs up. The "driver"'s panel will light up when this button is pressed.

Also, there is a mirror on both sides of the train in the front. YOu can see them above the camera in this photo.

mont3a.jpg

• Like 5

I used to work at BGT so I am familiar with this. Going to use Montu as an example.

Usually at the back of the station on the opposite side from the control panel is a green button. (See Diamondback. The button is located on the left side of the train near row 16.)

This button MUST be pushed to move the train in the station, unless the coaster is in maintenance mode. In maintenance mode, one person can operate the entire coaster from the control panel.

During normal operation, the person assigned to the unload rear side of Montu, MUST hold the button down in order for the train to dispatch. The person in the control booth can push the dispatch buttons until his fingers bleed, but the train will not move unless the second button is pressed. Once pressed, the "driver" sees the indicator on his panel, then visually checks the loading area, then presses his buttons. The train advances. The incoming train will not advance into the station unless the rear dispatch button is pressed as well. (Same on Diamodnback.)

This button at the back of the train works as a thumbs up in addition to the employee actually giving the thumbs up. The "driver"'s panel will light up when this button is pressed.

Also, there is a mirror on the unload side of the train across from the control panel.

So it is kind of like those Nuclear Missile Silos, where they have two keys and it won't launch if BOTH keys aren't turned and then BOTH buttons pressed?

B&M going all out here. :D

• Like 2

It's just one of those little pet peeves..When I think drive I actually think, you're driving something, like say a car. If the ride was manual like say Monster, I kinda, barely see it. However when 80 percent of the time you push the same few buttons, and maybe a few others only at certain times of the day, and a few rarely, I don't see it as driving..

But like I said, just a pet peeve for some odd reason

• Like 2

Theres a blueprint floating around out there that shows the layout of the queues. I will try to find it!EDIT: Here it is! ze7arate.jpgSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The queue near the brake run will possibly be in range of protein spills. Hopefully they have something there to keep people in line out of the splash zone...

• Like 4

You basically repeated everything I said..

Why btw is it called a driver...you're not driving anything..you push buttons on a control panel..makes no sense

I concur, but it is just something that I have picked up over the season, that I worked there.

• Like 1