Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Theres a blueprint floating around out there that shows the layout of the queues. I will try to find it!EDIT: Here it is! ze7arate.jpgSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The queue near the brake run will possibly be in range of protein spills. Hopefully they have something there to keep people in line out of the splash zone...

Banshee isn't going to have a splashdown. Where do you see the splash zone in the blueprints?

• Like 1

Theres a blueprint floating around out there that shows the layout of the queues. I will try to find it!EDIT: Here it is! ze7arate.jpgSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The queue near the brake run will possibly be in range of protein spills. Hopefully they have something there to keep people in line out of the splash zone...

Banshee isn't going to have a splashdown. Where do you see the splash zone in the blueprints?

The "splash zone" would be from personal protein spills...

• Like 4

The "splash zone" would be from personal protein spills...

Oh, ok. I misinterpreted on what you said. My bad. lol!

• Like 4

In all honesty, 98% of protein spills occur once the train hits the final break run.

HTCO, speakin from experience.

It's that sense of "almost there" that gets them. I had the same thing happen to me on my 21st birthday. We made it back onto my street and I felt a sense of relief. 10 seconds later I was giving the side of the car a new paint job.

Anyway, I'd hate to be that first person to throw up on one of Banshee's nice new cars. That guilt would never leave me.

• Like 12

In all honesty, 98% of protein spills occur once the train hits the final break run.

HTCO, speakin from experience.

It's that sense of "almost there" that gets them. I had the same thing happen to me on my 21st birthday. We made it back onto my street and I felt a sense of relief. 10 seconds later I was giving the side of the car a new paint job.

Anyway, I'd hate to be that first person to throw up on one of Banshee's nice new cars. That guilt would never leave me.

You could add that to your 2014 Kings Island goals. :P

--

And looks as though you're right.

That's disappointing

• Like 4

I used to work at BGT so I am familiar with this. Going to use Montu as an example.

Usually at the back of the station on the opposite side from the control panel is a green button. (See Diamondback. The button is located on the left side of the train near row 16.)

This button MUST be pushed to move the train in the station, unless the coaster is in maintenance mode. In maintenance mode, one person can operate the entire coaster from the control panel.

During normal operation, the person assigned to the unload rear side of Montu, MUST hold the button down in order for the train to dispatch. The person in the control booth can push the dispatch buttons until his fingers bleed, but the train will not move unless the second button is pressed. Once pressed, the "driver" sees the indicator on his panel, then visually checks the loading area, then presses his buttons. The train advances. The incoming train will not advance into the station unless the rear dispatch button is pressed as well. (Same on Diamodnback.)

This button at the back of the train works as a thumbs up in addition to the employee actually giving the thumbs up. The "driver"'s panel will light up when this button is pressed.

Also, there is a mirror on both sides of the train in the front. YOu can see them above the camera in this photo.

As for the way Kings Island does it, as I worked Diamondback and often was at co-dispatch (that green button near row 16), we were trained to not hit that button until the driver (yes Driver beep beep!!) gave the all clear. I'm pretty sure the button being pressed down on (HTCO can clear this up for me as he worked at Diamondback more recent than I have) doesn't let the panel know the button is pressed. The driver's dispatch buttons and the co-dispatch has to be pressed at the same time or within 3-5 seconds (can't remember) in order to dispatch the train or the ride would set up. It didn't work as the "thumbs up" for the clear....we had to get the clear from the station floor, give the high clear and announce clear so the driver (yes, beep beep :) ) would know we were ready to dispatch to give the all clear.

• Like 5