Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Deer? Bugs? Grass?

What about humans?

Didn't this group get a behind the scenes tour back there? :)

I would like for you to mind that I saw a deer while on The Beast, it was frightening.

I would also like for you to not look down on Diamondback during splashdown, for that may not do good for you.

Humans do not like to touch The Beast cars at any time when it is in motion. They like to stay in the rules, and like to keep their appendages in tact. Plus, I don't think that a human would like to jump infront of The Beast while in motion, that's just stupid.

But hey, I'm just a BB1.

I like to touch The Beast cars when they are in motion! :)

• Like 1

Deer? Bugs? Grass?

What about humans?

I would like for you to mind that I saw a deer while on The Beast, it was frightening.

I would also like for you to not look down on Diamondback during splashdown, for that may not do good for you.

Humans do not like to touch The Beast cars at any time when it is in motion. They like to stay in the rules, and like to keep their appendages in tact. Plus, I don't think that a human would like to jump infront of The Beast while in motion, that's just stupid.

But hey, I'm just a BB1.

Infront or on?

BB1, who wouldn't like to touch the cars at 60+ mph.

Deer? Bugs? Grass?

What about humans?

But hey, I'm just a BB1.

Infront or on?

BB1, who wouldn't like to touch the cars at 60+ mph.

You have touched The Beast cars at 60+ mph lots of times, i would guess! So has everybody else who has ever ridden it!

• Like 10

Guest KingsIslandPR

I think the minimum operating temperature is around 40-42 degrees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diamondback has operated at Haunt when temperatures have dipped into the low 30's.

• Like 19

I think the minimum operating temperature is around 40-42 degrees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diamondback has operated at Haunt when temperatures have dipped into the low 30's.

Confirmed...not the greatest idea to ride it when it's that cold tho O.o brrrrrrrr you're in for a cold ride

• Like 5

Carowinds has operated Afterburn in nearly the single digits....

I think more amazing is the fact that it has ever BEEN in the single digits in the Carolinas during the Carowinds operating season.

Unless this happened during test runs or whatever.

Afterburn operated durint Winterfest 2005 furthermore, as per SC state law Carowinds has to follow manufactor's guidelines anr recommendations just like KI does. During SCarowinds, it can get below freezing.
  • Like 4

It has been my understanding that steel coasters should not begin operations under a certain temperature, but, once begun, can continue if the temperature dips below that. Frankly, at some point windchill becomes a concern for the riders, as well.

This is the same thing that I've always heard. And I've seen it practiced quite often.

• Like 6

During my epic Halloween Haunt 2010 night ride on Beast, it was around 40 degrees at best. The coaster ran great, but my sister and her friend HAD to scream the entire ride, having their mouths open. I usually keep mine closed on roller coasters, BTW...

The next day? I was fine, but they had sore throats. :P

A bit off-topic, but not really...

• Like 4

It has been my understanding that steel coasters should not begin operations under a certain temperature, but, once begun, can continue if the temperature dips below that. Frankly, at some point windchill becomes a concern for the riders, as well.

I once rode Diamondback on a chilly October morning when it was 40 degrees outside. It was an unenjoyably cold experience. I can't fathom any rider having a good time at lower temperatures, whether it is able to be run at lower temperatures or not.

• Like 6