Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

^ I rode it in the morning of Closing Day 2013 with temperatures in the mid 30s.

I was on the second train of The Beast that morning and once we hit the second lift hill, I started wondering why I was wearing a t-shirt....

Why did it take you that long to start wondering about that? :P

• Like 7

It has been my understanding that steel coasters should not begin operations under a certain temperature, but, once begun, can continue if the temperature dips below that. Frankly, at some point windchill becomes a concern for the riders, as well.

Sorry for bringing this back from a page ago, but Terp you are correct.

• Like 6

It has been my understanding that steel coasters should not begin operations under a certain temperature, but, once begun, can continue if the temperature dips below that. Frankly, at some point windchill becomes a concern for the riders, as well.

Not 100% correct.

• Like 1

Not 100% correct.

You failed to look over the "steel coasters SHOULD NOT begin operations UNDER a certain temperature, but they are able to continue operation if the temperature dips below that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Adding on to chugh43, also note that each state has its own set of laws regarding Rides and Attractions. Let alone the United States.

That coaster is in Japan… Don't think they are gonna have the same set of rules/regulations that the state of Ohio would have.

• Like 8

Capture from the Diamondback Construction Cam on this date in 2009.....

1s1i07.jpg

As you can see, two trains were already assembled and on the storage track.

The first test runs began about 1 week 1/2 after this date. (The last week of February)

Maybe we'll see a similar time frame for the start of Banshee test runs......

• Like 10

I think Diamondbacks station design was rather simple which allowed for it to be completed much faster, also taking into account that we've had a very harsh winter this year, and lastly, Banshee's Photo Booth is under the station. When it's finished its going to look unbelievable! :D

• Like 9

I mean, something was happening over there, but I couldn't tell what since there's snow and it's so far away. You didn't miss much.

In other news.. In case anyone was wondering where Clifford went!

2a94l6g.jpg

This may or may not, or probably isn't the actual one but.... tee hee, gentlemen, tee hee.

• Like 17

So was any progress on the circle done today? I didn't have a chance to check out the cam when it was daylight.

From what I see in the twilight, I can point out something that looks like a truck to insert some sort of medium, probably gravel.

I'm impressed on what has happened over the past months, I truly am. It just makes me ponder when we can see the theming aspects to the coaster, in which seems to be probably May.

• Like 4

Last time I checked the webcam it appeared that they have begun working on the Banshee sign near the entrance. It looks like the stone work is up and you can make out the half circle. But then again, knowing the area in which it is going and what it should look like, it could be my mind playing tricks on me.

• Like 1