Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

I was really hoping that they would make the final product look like the rendering...especially little things like the wing wall and popout for the entrance to the gift shop on the bottom. Its those little things that give it character....but they still may yet put them in...we will see

I think the small window you're talking about will be there. If you look at the picture posted on Twitter on 01/31 it shows the window from the outside. And in one of the pictures Don recently sent over, although it appears bigger, you can see the framed opening from the inside.

But the thing I like most about the station is the woodwork. Can't wait to see it in person.

• Like 7

For those of you that are awake and on KIC, check out the front gate cam for the past hour here: http://weather.weatherbug.com/weather-safety/online-weather-center/Camera/Camera.aspx?stat=MSNKS&camera=MSNKS

Looks like a Banshee.;)

or a drop of water on the camera... but still, thought it looked neat and decided to share it!

• Like 7

^ Is that building used as a station or just as a near-miss element? Or both?

It's near miss element and part of the theming. The whole ride is apocolypse themed. I don't believe that is the station though, as I am not quite so familiar with the ride itself.

The foreground of the structure is indeed a near-miss element, but the background is part of the station.

Source: A multitude of pictures found by searching "Swarm roller coaster" on Google and Google Maps. (You'd be surprised at the amount and variety of questions you can answer using the latter)

• Like 1

Everyone is wondering if the free standing wall has been erected. If you check the webcam late in the day, it sure looks to me like you can see the point on top of it. You can even see it in the capture above. ^^

I'm sure the wall must have a purpose. I'm guessing it is to block the view of the old SOB station for most people in the new Banshee station.

• Like 1