Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Baynum Painting of Newport, KY is painting The Bat. They have a long term relationship with KI. I have met several of them since their old shop was just down the street from my house in Covington.

They almost exclusively paint steel coasters with PPG PSX700, currently are using it on The Bat and Knott's Silver Bullet.

It does have a temp requirement it must be above freezing if they use the fast drying hardener, and stay above for the cure time of almost 24 hours.

Also has a required humidity to be above 40%.

They have been busy this winter, since they are known as the go to guys for coasters now. They have said but they are planning more projects for Cedar Point or Kings Island later this year. I would say maybe The Beast for its birthday, but it takes 3 months to paint that, but I wonder if they are allowed to paint the support structure while the ride is in operation?

• Like 8

They have been busy this winter, since they are known as the go to guys for coasters now. They have said but they are planning more projects for Cedar Point or Kings Island later this year. I would say maybe The Beast for its birthday, but it takes 3 months to paint that, but I wonder if they are allowed to paint the support structure while the ride is in operation?

The support structure doesn't exactly stand still when the ride is in operation. It shakes and shimmies as the train passes over.

If it don't shake, it's gonna break.

• Like 9

Dat Interior... :P

8070bb6c9cd311e3ae19124868a8b882_7_zps45

If you wish to visit Kings Island's Instagram and view the photo on their social media page please click here

Instagram hides their photos well, I had to sneak my way into the developer encoding(thank you Google Chrome) and find the right link where they are keeping the photo... Anyways I think that is some fantastic detail in the rafters.

• Like 15

Liking the wood arches in the station. I know this might be too much to ask, but a chandelier would be cool, maybe with cobwebs. I also recall that The Crypt had some fake flame torches which I think could be utilized in Banshee's station to great effect. Stained glass windows over the track at both ends might be cool, too.

• Like 5