Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Could the textured lighting that is planned for Banshee be the reason the station is tiled with those surprisingly light colors? I don't think I've ever seen that kind of wall treatment used for the exterior of a building. It looks like it could be a good background for all sorts of projected lighting.

You wouldn't be able to see any lightning over in that circle while riding the ride unless you looked to the side and twisted your neck or if your in the front and only for a split second. Textured lightning and all lights will be somewhere within the confines of the actual ride where they enhance the ride experience.

Maybe the whole construction of Banshee is just a big diversion for the unannounced epicness that is going to go in the circle in the middle of Action Zone. Maybe what they have planned for the circle is so mindblowing that it will change the landscape of amusement parks as we know it forever, and they just built the world's longest inverted coaster to keep our focus away from the magnificence that will go in the new Action Zone circle area...

Then again, maybe not.

• Like 14

Could the textured lighting that is planned for Banshee be the reason the station is tiled with those surprisingly light colors? I don't think I've ever seen that kind of wall treatment used for the exterior of a building. It looks like it could be a good background for all sorts of projected lighting.

You wouldn't be able to see any lightning over in that circle while riding the ride unless you looked to the side and twisted your neck or if your in the front and only for a split second. Textured lightning and all lights will be somewhere within the confines of the actual ride where they enhance the ride experience.

I don't think the textured lighting and lighting effects are for those riding the ride, but to entertain folks waiting to ride the ride, and for those lingering in the plaza....neat pre and post ride activity!

edit....wouldn't it be cool if Action Zone got an immersive show like this on all of the structures in Action Zone similar to this at Canada's Wonderland?

• Like 2

It would be nice if they just completely banned smoking within the park. At least two of the smoking areas are terribly placed to where others have to smell it. People should be able to go a few hours without smoking and if you're there all day go to your car.

As much as I would enjoy that, the park would not be making as much money. ALOT of people smoke, and if smoking is banned at KI, then they wouldn't go to KI...

• Like 1

I don't think the textured lighting and lighting effects are for those riding the ride, but to entertain folks waiting to ride the ride, and for those lingering in the plaza....neat pre and post ride activity!

That was my initial thought, but they are making a push to say how great of a night ride Banshee will be, so maybe the lighting effects will improve the ride experience as well.

• Like 3

That was my initial thought, but they are making a push to say how great of a night ride Banshee will be, so maybe the lighting effects will improve the ride experience as well.

Agreed all of the information given to us so far implies it's part of the ride experience itself and not the surrounding area.

• Like 2

It would be nice if they just completely banned smoking within the park. At least two of the smoking areas are terribly placed to where others have to smell it. People should be able to go a few hours without smoking and if you're there all day go to your car.

As much as I would enjoy that, the park would not be making as much money. ALOT of people smoke, and if smoking is banned at KI, then they wouldn't go to KI...

That's completely ridiculous.

Most likely true, but ridiculous.

Does security card people who smoke but don't look 18?

I've seen teens who look 15-16 and smoke.

Designated area or not.

• Like 3

I'm a smoker and I only smoke in the designated areas. If someone is smoking outside these areas then they should be told and warned then if caught again be thrown out of the park.

I appreciate them giving me an area to smoke. I respect non smokers. But it is all outside its not like were in a cramped up building.

• Like 10

Hmmm...you have a point there. I'm just not sure how much special lighting a person can see at nearly 70 miles per hour...LOL...If they can pull it off great!!!

• Like 3

I'm a personal fan of blinding lighting effects. I guess there is kinda a danger there to certain guests. I would love to see some digital lighting, but that is really expensive and I can only see them doing some basic LED strips, with some moving luminaries, and some atmospherics( fog, haze etc...) to make those lights really pop.

• Like 1

That's a good point, ChainDog. I'm torn between wanting them to add some awesome lighting effects vs. wanting it to be as dark as possible at night. I just don't know how dark it can possibly get in that area of the park.

I know-I really enjoy the darkness on Diamondback and The Beast. I think that if they play their cards right the lift hill through the first loop could be lit very nicely and then as you dive out of the zero-g the ride could fade into the darkness.
  • Like 3

I wasn't talking about the circle at all. I was referring to projecting textured lighting on the station. That is becoming a popular thing to do (see Disney's castle shows). It could be used to "bring the Banshee legend to life" and help in making an "ultimate night ride experience".

Check this out for examples: http://themeparkuniversity.com/backstage-access/moment-factory-revitalizes-atlantic-city/

• Like 9

I'm a smoker and I only smoke in the designated areas. If someone is smoking outside these areas then they should be told and warned then if caught again be thrown out of the park.

I appreciate them giving me an area to smoke. I respect non smokers. But it is all outside its not like were in a cramped up building.

I too am a smoker and I am one of those who follow the rules as well. Anyone who's been to a park with me recently knows I don't smoke outside of the designated areas. And to the person who said you can just go to your car whenever you need to smoke. What about the times during Haunt when you're not aloud to leave and then return? I do think Kings Island should rethink their current setup for smoking areas but I do not believe an outright ban on smoking in the park would do them any good. I also agree they should enforce the designated smoking areas a little bit better as well. Maybe they could advertise them a bit more for the people who don't know exactly where they are located. The two parks I've visited that have the best smoking areas are Six Flags Great Adventure and Holiday World. Most if not all of them are off the beaten path and the one closest to El Toro is just a nice area to sit and enjoy the view.

• Like 13

Sort of like how people stopped going to restaurants, bars, and bowling alleys when they banned smoking in Ohio?

^^ BINGO^^ Keep the designated areas and just enforce them. No need to ban everything just because no one enforces the rules.

• Like 1

And on the issue of under age kids smoking. Kings Island is not a babysitter despite the amount of parents who seem to think it is. They are also not law enforcement. I do not in anyway approve of underage smoking. Whenever someone asks to bum a cigarette off of me I always ask to see their ID. =]

• Like 7