Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

There's no way they would fit in that circle. And even if they did, that space would be way too cramped. Also I'm not really sure why Flying Eagles would be in Action Zone, the part of the park with all the thrill rides. Doesn't work.

• Like 5

I wonder if the park is responsible for painting it.

99.99% of the time, jobs such as painting a large ride, the jobs are contracted out.

What I think he was wondering is whether the decision to repaint came from the park or the manufacturer. Skycoaster rides are strictly overseen by the manufacturer, so it's possible this was the decision of the manufacturer.

Sorry if I'm putting words in anyone's mouth, though.

• Like 1

And, it's already March. I doubt they could fully assemble and test a ride in a month and a half.

Cedar Point has yet to assemble any of their three new rides for this year. These flat rides are not hard to put up. Cedar Point says it will take a day.

• Like 5

And, it's already March. I doubt they could fully assemble and test a ride in a month and a half.

They wouldn't have to be ready for opening day. Firehawk didn't open until Memorial Day weekend.

(Not that I think a ride is going to be assembled in that circle.)

• Like 3

That article was well written, some research was actually done. I love the attention this is getting! Smurf I agree that stuff needs cleared out and they should clean the top of the bar off.

. I believe Smurf was joking, I know I was. Woops quoted myself sorry on mobile!
  • Like 1

1. Since when do Flying Scooters get really long que lines?

2. These rides can be assembled in less than a week.

3. Banshee hasn't even begun testing yet. Hell it hasn't even received it's third train yet and I'm confident it will be ready for opening day.

4. I do not believe we are getting a set of flyers just stating that if the park wanted to they could be ready in less than a month.

• Like 1

It looks like they are working on Xtreme Skyflyer.

Looks like the lights are back on tonight!

GODZILLA2877 and TheBeast1116, please don't directly link to the webcam. When you do, the picture will continually update and do two negative things:

1. No longer relate to what you're referring to sometime down the road

2. Be very dark and no longer visible for those of us reading the thread at 4:30 in the morning.

Instead, save the picture to your computer and then upload it onto a service like imgur.

Back to the circle debate... I took a screen shot of a Google Earth map of Kings Dominion's Flying Eagles and used Photoshop to put them into the circle in Kings Island. Both images were taken at the same zoomed in distance. This is how it would look.

[Picture]

This is without space for a queue line. I never thought they were coming anyways, but now I'm pretty positive it is too cramped for them to fit.

I need something better to do on a Saturday night...

I did a very similar Photoshop in this thread, only I used Columbus Zoo's flying scooters.

qwcQR0O.jpg

By no means do I think the park will actually add a set of scooters into the area, but I don't think it'd be a bottleneck nightmare like everyone is presenting it. Just reference The Magic Carpets of Aladdin at Magic Kingdom - it's a similar sized ride tucked into a similar sized midway.

They wouldn't have to be ready for opening day. Firehawk didn't open until Memorial Day weekend.

(Not that I think a ride is going to be assembled in that circle.)

But unlike Firehawk, the new set of scooters would not be off to the side of the midway, but instead in the direct center of it. And it'd be a very busy, traffic-heavy midway. If the park was to add flying scooters in the former target area, I think they would be open by opening day.

• Like 2

Really? I thought they would just leave it a live construction site all season.

Back to the circle debate... I took a screen shot of a Google Earth map of Kings Dominion's Flying Eagles and used Photoshop to put them into the circle in Kings Island. Both images were taken at the same zoomed in distance. This is how it would look.

Flyingeaglesphotoshop_zps4e7ad50f.jpg

This is without space for a queue line. I never thought they were coming anyways, but now I'm pretty positive it is too cramped for them to fit.

I need something better to do on a Saturday night...

While there seems to be enough space for the actual ride, it doesn't look big enough for the que lines.

1. Since when do Flying Scooters get really long que lines?....

Since long before I was born? At Kings Island, lines of longer than an hour were not unusual. Even now at Carowinds, that same awesome set gets long lines frequently.

Do not judge the Flying Eagles by the modern imitations. They are NOT as good a ride. Not even close. In addition, even Knoebels set is, in my opinion, inferior. First of all, the birdies fly in the wrong direction. It's disorienting. I don't like it as well. Second, frequently at that park, if snapping begins, the ride is immediately and substantially slowed down. Sometimes even at Phall Phun Phest.

• Like 7

How come its almost always the Banshee cam that gets covered and not the other ones?

The Basheecam is 300 feet in the air, fully exposed to the elements from all sides. The others are much lower to the ground, so they have other structures within the park blocking the elements from them to some degree.

• Like 8

It would be nice if they just completely banned smoking within the park. At least two of the smoking areas are terribly placed to where others have to smell it. People should be able to go a few hours without smoking and if you're there all day go to your car.

As much as I would enjoy that, the park would not be making as much money. ALOT of people smoke, and if smoking is banned at KI, then they wouldn't go to KI...

That's completely ridiculous.

Most likely true, but ridiculous.

Does security card people who smoke but don't look 18?

I've seen teens who look 15-16 and smoke.

Designated area or not.

I know I'm late to this but security doesn't do a lot of enforcing rules (Dress Codes, Line Cutting, People using foul language, Smoking outside of designated areas, Running in the park, etc). Security has always seemed lax to me at KI.

• Like 6

NOOOOOOOOOO!! We can't see the circle or Banshee anymore! :(

Here is the link to the webcam https://www.visitkingsisland.com/online-fun/webcams

Just want to let you know, If you just post the link on your webcam, It will be live. So if people are reading this in 2-3 days, They wont get what your saying. Please use something like Imgur to upload your webcam photos :) This has been said many times.

• Like 3