Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Kings Island on Facebook:

"The winter weather, the kind that slows automobile traffic to a snail’s pace, has had little effect on the construction work for the new Banshee roller coaster at Kings Island. Work crews have fought rain, snow, cold and ice in their efforts to complete one of the most highly anticipated new attractions in the world for 2014.
The track and electrical work is finished. Trains have been placed on the track. The landscaping and site work around the ride has begun. It’s just a matter of days now before the world’s longest inverted roller coaster makes its initial test runs."

345en0p.jpg

Photo : Don Helbig / Kings Island via Facebook

• Like 23

Please remember: If you take photos and/or glances of Banshee, please do so from LEGAL areas ONLY! Please DO NOT trespass on to Kings Island property. We have 6 weeks until there is a chance to meet Banshee up close and personal... So be patient! Kings Island has and will give us plenty to chew on until Media Day and Opening Day.

• Like 10

I do have a question that I'm not sure has been addressed. If I wanted to bring a nice camera on Media Day so that I can take lots of wonderful pictures to promote the ride, will lockers be available? Free or for a charge, I don't really care. I REALLY want to bring the shiny new DSLR I'll have, but if I can't store it safely away, I'll have to forego it so that I can ride... If anyone can elaborate on past Cedar Fair trends (or if Don can chime in ;)) it would be appreciated.

I would have put it in the Media Day thread, but I didn't see it in my search. So either I'm having a brain fart, or the topic is mysteriously gone. Even still, I don't think this post is really off topic.

• Like 3

I`m sure that lockers will be available, especially if you are willing to pay for the locker.

It will be interesting to see if Banshee has a bank of lockers outsides its entrance, similar to what Firehawk has. I would think that they would have lockers somewhere in Action Zone to accommodate the loose articles of riders for Banshee.

• Like 4

I think lockers will be strategically placed to accommodate the top three rides in the near vicinity for lose articles (DT, D, and B)

Unintentional emoticon for the win, although I initially thought that B) was just the hip way of referring to Banshee.

• Like 6

Please remember: If you take photos and/or glances of Banshee, please do so from LEGAL areas ONLY! Please DO NOT trespass on to Kings Island property. We have 6 weeks until there is a chance to meet Banshee up close and personal... So be patient! Kings Island has and will give us plenty to chew on until Media Day and Opening Day.

Do I really come off as that stupid to you?

Just got in from an eventful night with Lindz...pics and stuff to come later, ticked they posted the sign thing, got a ton of pictures of that :P

• Like 4

Do I really come off as that stupid to you?

Just got in from an eventful night with Lindz...pics and stuff to come later, ticked they posted the sign thing, got a ton of pictures of that :P

No you don't come off as stupid for one second. In fact I really like a lot of your posts and insight you give to this board! You are probably one of my favorite posters on this board! :)

^ I think that was a general message for everyone who might take pictures, not something directed at you.

Like Malem mentioned this was a general message to everyone because of an incident that happened a little while ago that could have completely ruined our relationship with Kings Island. I hope we have all learned from that mistake.

• Like 10

One of KI's (former) employees told people that they need to get up to the park because track was arriving. Someone did and was caught in the parking lot early in the morning by security. They asked them to leave... no big deal, but it still looked bad. As for the employee... I'm sure Cedar Fair wishes them well on their future endeavors.

• Like 7