Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

I am glad to see the new pic of the exterior of the station. They have added the wing wall and lower level pop-out for the entrance.....just like the rendering shows......the only thing I don't see yet is the lone freestanding wall....but I am pretty sure that's a last minute build after everything else is in.

• Like 1

Gee, Cedar Fair having problems with public representations that company ride ops, pictured in company uniforms on company property, don't care about guest satisfaction. I can't imagine what the problem was. For crying outloud.

Just goes further to illustrate how preposterous, immature (and annoying) spieling is. Guests and ride ops should take safety instructions more seriously. Paramount Parks until its last few years had a totally different philosophy about guest interaction at rides: Safety is important, be sure you've done as much as you can to assure that. The point of contact at guest boarding is to assure safety compliance, first and foremost. If any spieling is to be done, it will be mechanically reproduced by automated systems, as our ride ops have far more important responsibilities to consume their time and attention. That was the nineties and early 2000's Paramount Parks ride operations philosophy.

Then somebody got "Welcome Back you crazy Magnum Riders, How was your ride?" envy. Sigh.

• Like 21

...Just goes further to illustrate how preposterous, immature (and annoying) spieling is. Guests and ride ops should take safety instructions more seriously. Paramount Parks until its last few years had a totally different philosophy about guest interaction at rides: Safety is important, be sure you've done as much as you can to assure that. The point of contact at guest boarding is to assure safety compliance, first and foremost. If any spieling is to be done, it will be mechanically reproduced by automated systems, as our ride ops have far more important responsibilities to consume their time and attention. That was the nineties and early 2000's Paramount Parks ride operations philosophy.

Then somebody got "Welcome Back you crazy Magnum Riders, How was your ride?" envy. Sigh.

Disagree with you on the spieling. Having been one of those people that have delivered said spiels, when done right, it is effective. Ensuring rider safety, when it comes down to it, is a visual check. A good ride op can ensure rider safety and deliver spiels at the same time. In the Paramount years, the control operator delivered most, if not all, of the spiels. Frankly, I'd rather have the ops on the floor deliver the spiels then the controls operator. The last thing I want, as a rider, is the controls operator to be distracted.

• Like 14